Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to update BlueBoard firmware on Windows

edited February 2019 in Off-topic

I’ve just had an issue today with my BlueBoard and wasn’t able to pair it with my iPhone. It happened just after using for Gadget transport. I’ve even tap « forget » BB in BLE-MIDI app, reset iOS network settings... without success. This never happened to me before.

So I’ve tried to update the firmware. But there is an issue with IKM updater, Windows 10 asks to run it with administrator privileges, even when your run it as admin. Windows 7/8 compatibility mode didn’t help too, and the issue was also there on another Windows 7 machine.

So here is the trick: when your download the updater file from IKM website, you have to unzip it. Put the unzipped folder in C:\Program Files (x86) and run it as administrator from there. Then connect via USB your BlueBoard with button D holded while powering on the unit. You will be able to search the device in updater and update the firmware.

For some reasons, it’s not possible to run the updater from another folder than Program Files (x86) usually you will try from your download folder...

IKM should have provided an installer rather than a zip file with no instructions about this part of the process.

Firmware update has fixed my issue with my iPhone/BlueBoard pairing :smile:

Comments

  • Well my attempt to upgrade failed. And now the blueboard is bricked. Been in contact with I’m, who has tried a lot of things to help me out, but nothing works. I did as described above, but in the proces the connection got cut. The blueboard got “ejected”.
    I was wondering if anybody with the updated blueboard, could send me the files from the blueboard? Maybe a copy paste of the files will
    Work?

  • @Jakersjaw said:
    Well my attempt to upgrade failed. And now the blueboard is bricked. Been in contact with I’m, who has tried a lot of things to help me out, but nothing works. I did as described above, but in the proces the connection got cut. The blueboard got “ejected”.
    I was wondering if anybody with the updated blueboard, could send me the files from the blueboard? Maybe a copy paste of the files will
    Work?

    I don't understand how you could even do that.

    Have you tried the BlueBoard updater app on iOS? That's how I updated mine and it worked flawlessly.

  • @wim said:

    Have you tried the BlueBoard updater app on iOS? That's how I updated mine and it worked flawlessly.

    hmm, I've had a helluva time trying to update this dang thing. I don't own a windows machine, but borrowed a friends and couldn't get it to work at all. Just tried the ios updater app and it refused to connect at all...

  • wimwim
    edited March 6

    Try using the iOS updater app. Worked great for me. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/irig-blueboard-updater/id1478647297

    Oops. Misread.
    Did you follow the directions and hold down whatever button it is you have to hold down [edit ... looked it up, you have to press A while powering up] while you power on the device? Fresh non-rechargeable batteries? Positive Bluetooth is turned on on the iOS device?

    You might want to be sure there are no BT connections to the Blueboard in Settings. If there are, cause it to forget them. And, restart the iOS device. If the app asked if it could use Bluetooth, I assume you said yes? If not, then reinstalling the app might help. Oh ... and make sure it’s not paired with any other devices?

  • Just stumbled over this topic. If anyone is still interested, I figured out how to update the firmware (it was quite an odyssey):

    https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24780

  • edited July 31

    This afternoon, I tried to updating my BlueBoard. There was no need to do it, I don’t even know why I’ve gone this route, as I suppose it was already up to date. I’ve already done it, so I knew it was doable. The usb cable was good, I use it with my NKS. But it went wrong, wasn’t able to complete (stuck at 40% then update failed) and now my BB is bricked...!! :# :# :# Tried everything, it’s stucked on D blinking.

    Why a such unreliable process??? There are other BB bricking reports over the internet. I’ve already sent a mail to IKM support, but as I bought my unit 3.5 years ago I’m sure I’m good to buy another one. With all the good words I always had on this forum and elsewhere on BlueBoard I should get one for free :'( :p

    Never update a firmware when everything is working well... I knew it.

    @ikmultimedia ??? any comment on that so fragile/unreliable updating process??? You have removed USB port from BlueBoard because there were too many complaints ??? I love your IRig products, but this time I’m not happy at all. All version 1 USB owners should get version 2 NO USB replacement free of charge when such issue occurs.

  • @Janosax said:
    This afternoon, I tried to updating my BlueBoard. There was no need to do it, I don’t even know why I’ve gone this route, as I suppose it was already up to date. I’ve already done it, so I knew it was doable. The usb cable was good, I use it with my NKS. But it went wrong, wasn’t able to complete (stuck at 40% then update failed) and now my BB is bricked...!! :# :# :# Tried everything, it’s stucked on D blinking.

    Why a such unreliable process??? There are other BB bricking reports over the internet. I’ve already sent a mail to IKM support, but as I bought my unit 3.5 years ago I’m sure I’m good to buy another one. With all the good words I always had here on BB I should get one for free :'( :p

    Never update a firmware when everything is working well... I knew it.

    @ikmultimedia ??? any comment on that updating process. You have removed USB port because there were too many complaints ???

    Have you tried with the iOS iRig BlueBoard updater? Or is it really completely bricked.

  • @wim said:

    @Janosax said:
    This afternoon, I tried to updating my BlueBoard. There was no need to do it, I don’t even know why I’ve gone this route, as I suppose it was already up to date. I’ve already done it, so I knew it was doable. The usb cable was good, I use it with my NKS. But it went wrong, wasn’t able to complete (stuck at 40% then update failed) and now my BB is bricked...!! :# :# :# Tried everything, it’s stucked on D blinking.

    Why a such unreliable process??? There are other BB bricking reports over the internet. I’ve already sent a mail to IKM support, but as I bought my unit 3.5 years ago I’m sure I’m good to buy another one. With all the good words I always had here on BB I should get one for free :'( :p

    Never update a firmware when everything is working well... I knew it.

    @ikmultimedia ??? any comment on that updating process. You have removed USB port because there were too many complaints ???

    Have you tried with the iOS iRig BlueBoard updater? Or is it really completely bricked.

    It’s dead it can’t connect to BT anymore.

  • wimwim
    edited July 31

    @Janosax said:

    @wim said:

    @Janosax said:
    This afternoon, I tried to updating my BlueBoard. There was no need to do it, I don’t even know why I’ve gone this route, as I suppose it was already up to date. I’ve already done it, so I knew it was doable. The usb cable was good, I use it with my NKS. But it went wrong, wasn’t able to complete (stuck at 40% then update failed) and now my BB is bricked...!! :# :# :# Tried everything, it’s stucked on D blinking.

    Why a such unreliable process??? There are other BB bricking reports over the internet. I’ve already sent a mail to IKM support, but as I bought my unit 3.5 years ago I’m sure I’m good to buy another one. With all the good words I always had here on BB I should get one for free :'( :p

    Never update a firmware when everything is working well... I knew it.

    @ikmultimedia ??? any comment on that updating process. You have removed USB port because there were too many complaints ???

    Have you tried with the iOS iRig BlueBoard updater? Or is it really completely bricked.

    It’s dead it can’t connect to BT anymore.

    It might not need to. The iOS updater doesn't require making a Bluetooth connection. Yes, it relies on Bluetooth, but not on the protocol for a BT Midi connection. It's worth a try. It will either show up in the updater or it won't. If not then you can just delete the app.

    https://apps.apple.com/app/irig-blueboard-updater/id1478647297

  • @wim said:

    @Janosax said:

    @wim said:

    @Janosax said:
    This afternoon, I tried to updating my BlueBoard. There was no need to do it, I don’t even know why I’ve gone this route, as I suppose it was already up to date. I’ve already done it, so I knew it was doable. The usb cable was good, I use it with my NKS. But it went wrong, wasn’t able to complete (stuck at 40% then update failed) and now my BB is bricked...!! :# :# :# Tried everything, it’s stucked on D blinking.

    Why a such unreliable process??? There are other BB bricking reports over the internet. I’ve already sent a mail to IKM support, but as I bought my unit 3.5 years ago I’m sure I’m good to buy another one. With all the good words I always had here on BB I should get one for free :'( :p

    Never update a firmware when everything is working well... I knew it.

    @ikmultimedia ??? any comment on that updating process. You have removed USB port because there were too many complaints ???

    Have you tried with the iOS iRig BlueBoard updater? Or is it really completely bricked.

    It’s dead it can’t connect to BT anymore.

    It might not need to. The iOS updater doesn't require making a Bluetooth connection. Yes, it relies on Bluetooth, but no on the protocol for a BT Midi connection. It's worth a try. It will either show up in the updater or it won't.

    No the app don’t found BB, unfortunately.

  • Wow. Sorry about that. :/

  • @Janosax I'm sorry to read this. I was pretty surprised when after this looong odyssey finally my firmware update worked!

    Maybe a SoftStep (or 12 Step) would be an alternative for you? I mean - you're pretty deep in the looping business, it could be worth the investment. :smiley:

    https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/softstep/

  • edited August 1

    @josh83 said:
    @Janosax I'm sorry to read this. I was pretty surprised when after this looong odyssey finally my firmware update worked!

    Maybe a SoftStep (or 12 Step) would be an alternative for you? I mean - you're pretty deep in the looping business, it could be worth the investment. :smiley:

    https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/softstep/

    Thanks for this suggestion ;) I thought about pedalboards options including this one for a very long time. My concept involves mobility, compacity and simplicity, and I also need two pedalboard because my setup need to be integrally doubled for backup to prevent failure on stage. And when I practice my sax I use a mute on a stand most of the time and can’t look at my foot, so 4 buttons is enough here, I even need to play with socks to feel buttons and avoid accidental triggering. Then BT is reliable (I never had a connection issue while playing in 3.5 years apart for flat batteries) and convenient, I don’t want to use a USB HUB or midi adapter or PUC+, as I want fast connection setup for faster daily practice without wire and I don’t trust micro USB ports at all (they’re incredibly unreliable!!). This is not for changing only effects on stage in a band setup, but for a one man band looping stage performance, so micro USB really is not a good option. This and fact that BlueBoard has backlits for visibility means that’s the only real option for me, even if I’m angry against IKMultimedia :# :p

  • Thanks for clarifying. It's interesting to read your thoughts. I felt tempted for a very short moment to get a SoftStep (when I was struggling through my odyssey of upgrading the firmware), but now I'm pretty sure that the BlueBoard is everything I need.

  • @josh83 said:
    Thanks for clarifying. It's interesting to read your thoughts. I felt tempted for a very short moment to get a SoftStep (when I was struggling through my odyssey of upgrading the firmware), but now I'm pretty sure that the BlueBoard is everything I need.

    And add to this MidiFire and Mozaic capabilities and in fact you can get more advanced features on BlueBoard than on Softstep, I find this quite exciting in fact and this is why I love this setup too!! :)

  • I'm pretty sure you could add Mozaic/Midifire to a Softstep, too.

    The Softstep has more buttons, and they are sensitive to pressure, angle, etc., so it could offer some interesting features like modulation.

  • edited August 1

    @josh83 said:
    I'm pretty sure you could add Mozaic/Midifire to a Softstep, too.

    The Softstep has more buttons, and they are sensitive to pressure, angle, etc., so it could offer some interesting features like modulation.

    That’s for sure, those apps can add features to any controller. I had some hesitations too because pressure/angle control seems to be super interesting. But I find counter-productive to apply too much control on loops and effects while playing, more simple triggering suits me better for now, I can focus on sax more (this is also like overproduction when too much is too much). But I could also probably change my mind one day, nothing is never fixed. Also, I’ve read those Softstep pressure/angle actions are hard to use because they’re both resistant and too much sensitive. Some Softstep users at the end use only pressure and avoid angle, or even use only regular button triggering because of that lack of gesture precision.

  • Yeah I can imagine that it's much too complex with both pressure and angle, especially when standing.

    Still, having a few more buttons on the BlueBoard would be a neat thing...

  • edited August 1

    @josh83 said:
    Yeah I can imagine that it's much too complex with both pressure and angle, especially when standing.

    Still, having a few more buttons on the BlueBoard would be a neat thing...

    You got those interesting eBay models, with 4, 8 and 12 buttons. I could get 72 actions from 12 buttons version :p :D

    https://www.ebay.fr/itm/ActitioN-12-BUtton-USB-MIDI-Footswitch-Foot-Controller-for-PC-Mac-iPad/223474258304?hash=item34081a9180:g:CsAAAOSwgmJX0nMq

  • Simply not as sleek and sexy. :wink:

    The only one that I was pretty much tempted to get is this one: https://meloaudio.com/products/meloaudio-midi-commander-guitar-floor-multi-effects-portable-usb-midi-foot-controller-foot-switches

    Or with the audio interface included: https://meloaudio.com/products/meloaudio-tone-shifter-ts-mega-audio-interface-w-midi-foot-controller

    Maybe some day... At the moment, size/weight is one of my most critical factors.

  • edited August 1

    @josh83 said:
    Simply not as sleek and sexy. :wink:

    The only one that I was pretty much tempted to get is this one: https://meloaudio.com/products/meloaudio-midi-commander-guitar-floor-multi-effects-portable-usb-midi-foot-controller-foot-switches

    Or with the audio interface included: https://meloaudio.com/products/meloaudio-tone-shifter-ts-mega-audio-interface-w-midi-foot-controller

    Maybe some day... At the moment, size/weight is one of my most critical factors.

    It seems to me that @supadom had a bad experience with their HarleyBenton Thomann version and returned it, it was about midi features limitations.

    Yes BlueBoard is 300 gr and compact, I can put it in my sax bag with other compact gear easily. Here was an outside sax looping practice session back in June:

  • Beautiful pictures! :+1:

  • @josh83 said:
    Beautiful pictures! :+1:

    Thanks :)

  • For those having issues with firmware updates please take a look at this new FAQ https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1303&bu=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaWttdWx0aW1lZGlhLmNvbS9mYXEv

    If that does not help, the support team would be happy to assist.

  • wimwim
    edited 2:37AM

    @josh83 said:
    Yeah I can imagine that it's much too complex with both pressure and angle, especially when standing.

    Still, having a few more buttons on the BlueBoard would be a neat thing...

    You can plug in a sustain pedal and an expression pedal and have two additional controls. Works great. I even prefer the control my cheap sustain pedal offers over the switches in some ways.

  • @wim said:

    @josh83 said:
    Yeah I can imagine that it's much too complex with both pressure and angle, especially when standing.

    Still, having a few more buttons on the BlueBoard would be a neat thing...

    You can plug in a sustain pedal and an expression pedal and have two additional controls. Works great. I even prefer the control my cheap sustain pedal offers over the switches in some ways.

    That's a great suggestion! I'll keep it in mind. Thanks.

  • No success. There was tons of emails with their support. I sold mine.

  • edited 3:35PM

    Ok, they offered me 25 % coupon on another Blueboard, but on their website it's more expensive that anywhere else and with shipping it comes at 109 € coupon applyed. Too much expensive, I ordered one on Amazon for 72 € and will receive it tomorrow. I love the product, but I strongly advice to not update with their awful software it if you have an older model. A full replacement free of charge should have been a better offer from them, but we don't live in this world...

  • Yeah, pretty disappointing.

Sign In or Register to comment.