Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IK Syntronik Sale + Poll

2»

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    This is still on sale and I decided to purchase it...because all the vids I saw (Doug, Rudess) showed it to be quite a terrific app. I was very disappointed with IK's SampleTank, especially for the GUI and poor quality of the Miroslav acoustics, IMO. But this seems like a better mousetrap.

So, even tho I realize about the 2 oscillator thing, the sounds are very good, organized well, some tweakability, easy multilayering, excellent and multitudinous effects, and AU.... for $40 US on sale (downloading the app for an additional fiver unnecessary... just download the free version and buy from that). To get emulations of over 30 classic synths at about a dollar a pop seems like a very good deal. Last synth purchase!... maybe.

Edit: just discovered you have to register and allow them usage of your personal info to access the friggin manual. Foul! Why did I ever forgive IK? On top of that, the site would not recognize my email address. Refund time? Well, we shall see. I emailed them.

Just make a fake Google account to register these things?

• @CracklePot said:
    Just make a fake Google account to register these things?

I agree. Life is too short to let righteous indignation prevent you from using the cool toys.
    You hit this point in life where the body starts to fail you and you need constant distractions
    and the feedback from internet strangers to fill the void that real work used to fill.

Did you know your brain starts to shrink and can bounce around in your skull? Your gums recede and many loose their teeth. Your eyes go to shit. Your favorite response to questions is "What?"

IOS keeps me young or at least makes me feel the joy of being young.

• Yep, @McD, “long in the tooth” is what I see in the mirror. And that idea that your nails and hair continue to grow after death... well, just plain old recession.

I’ll see what IK and Apple say. Not very important one way or t’other. But I do think it dismally underhanded to hold the manual hostage.. tho it is not unusual on desktop as I now understand.
    I was pleased to be spending some decent dough on an app, however... in support of price increases for all.

• Anyone reading this thread might be interested in this one too:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34656/frustration-with-ik#latest

• Happy holidays my lurked upon forum fanatics! The reason for the dig up here is to report that IK’s painfully large Total Studio Max 2 (is T-Racks Max, Sampletank 3 Max + 4SE, Syntronik, Modo Bass, Amplitube 4, and the orchestra thing) can be had for less than $130 if you have the jam points and you qualify for a cross grade. I caved, because Bass+Amp=YES and those TRack5 models are decent. As for the ginormous rompler instruments, I doubt the cost of storage will ever pay off, but hey there’s nothing wrong with the way it sounds for a casual dabbler like myself.
    Anyway, it looks like I’ve invalidated my cheese&mustard vote and gone full PC Sausage. Perhaps if I run 7 violins through the BLEASS flanger I’ll be forgiven.

• :lol:

How many GB did it consume on your PC?

I still keep Syntronik on my iDevice. But I never got Korg Module because of disk space. Modern day problems

• It’s an eye watering 180+ gig affair that downloads for hours.

• @ashen_hand said:
    It’s an eye watering 180+ gig affair that downloads for hours.

Daaamn
    Thats a lot :lol:

• @ashen_hand said:
    It’s an eye watering 180+ gig affair that downloads for hours.

He must be talking about the Desktop product(s). They are nothing like this on IOS.

I have Syntronik and Korg Module on an iPad with 128GB. Of course, they get pushed off
    frequently as I buy more apps.

Korg lumps all their apps into a Storage report of 8.5GB (Module w most IAP's, Gadget, iWavestation...)
    Syntronik FULL (installs everything in about 15 minutes, I think) 279MB

• @senhorlampada said:
    Daaamn
    Thats a lot :lol:

Yeah, I had Syntronik Deluxe already, hence the CG, but holy heck that ST3Max is a nightmare. The “download manager” doesn’t work for ST3Max so you’re stuck grabbing the zips 1-6 at a time depending on your bandwidth. I grabbed in order, Modo Bass, Amplitude, TRack5...installed and hit go in 1/2 an hour (@12M/s through the dL manager) on the OS drive then tossed the rest of the (library) dL to the storage D.

In this regard IK is kinda lame for choosing to abandon a large library in a current product download manager, forcing a user to get it done via the user account and going through the unzip rigmarole.

• @McD said:
    He must be talking about the Desktop product(s). They are nothing like this on IOS.

Yeah... he mentioned it up there:

@ashen_hand said:
    Anyway, it looks like I’ve invalidated my cheese&mustard vote and gone full PC Sausage. Perhaps if I run 7 violins through the BLEASS flanger I’ll be forgiven.

Korg lumps all their apps into a Storage report of 8.5GB (Module w most IAP's, Gadget, iWavestation...)

That's the reason why I still didn't get Module. My device is 64GB. It has generally 2GB free to my projects, so i'll only get module whenever I upgrade my device :lol:
    My Syntronik is registering around 700MB. Maybe I downloaded some extra stuff

• edited November 2020

@senhorlampada said:

@McD said:

Yeah... he mentioned it up there:

@ashen_hand said:

That's the reason why I still didn't get Module. My device is 64GB. It has generally 2GB free to my projects, so i'll only get module whenever I upgrade my device :lol:
    My Syntronik is registering around 700MB. Maybe I downloaded some extra stuff

I think if you tweak/save your own presets, your storage gets eaten up kind of quickly.
    Some native preset are many MB in size, and if you slightly tweak and save, your new preset will be nearly the same size as the native preset.

At least that’s what I found a couple years ago when I first got this app and had a storage crisis.

• Oh... that makes sense
    Gonna check if saved any of my presets. Some aren't worth keeping, i'm sure :lol:

• I'm trying to find mixer in Syntronik multis. There is no mixer? I have to modulate volume in each synth?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:

@MAtrixplan said:
    I'm trying to find mixer in Syntronik multis. There is no mixer? I have to modulate volume in each synth?

Yes, actually you can change the volume of each part (A B C D) with this volume bar, you need to be on A to control A volume, B to control B volume, etc..

thanks. Could I map this volumes?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.