Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IK Syntronik Sale + Poll

edited January 17 in Off-topic

It’s 40% off, so the app+deluxe is under $20. Is it worth it? Is there any reason to put up for it if you’re sitting on “everything you need”? Honestly I’m holding out for that new Minilouge or Stylophone sort of hardware thing, at this point a larger expressive interface is what I’m feeling. I like the free desktop Syntronik, but IK’s software seems like a fat sausage when a slice of good cheese and mustard would have been suitable.

Big memory apps
  1. Would you rather13 votes
    1. Fat Sausage
      46.15%
    2. Cheese & Mustard
      53.85%
«1

Comments

  • I like it. It's good. I'm thrilled it's AU. I bought the whole enchilada. I look at it sometimes like the ceramic fruit bowl full of ceramic fruit that sits on your mother's sideboard. I don't use it for eating. So far anyway. Hope to.

  • I think it sounds great. I know it is not a synth purist's tweakfest but I always find something to use. The FX are great as well. And it's the multi's (synth layers) where you can get creative.

  • It’s true, layered synths are a great way to cheat more of everything into an output, and I’ve struck “not actually money” gold with Syntronik. I just don’t know if it’s worth the memory allotment in a “creative fit” space. Is it?

  • I just wish they would make it really multitimbral so you could assign each voice its own midi channel instead of the goofy split idea...

  • @ashen_hand said:
    It’s 40% off, so the app+deluxe is under $20. Is it worth it? Is there any reason to put up for it if you’re sitting on “everything you need”? Honestly I’m holding out for that new Minilouge or Stylophone sort of hardware thing, at this point a larger expressive interface is what I’m feeling. I like the free desktop Syntronik, but IK’s software seems like a fat sausage when a slice of good cheese and mustard would have been suitable.

    Im in US and I’m not seeing the IAP discounted in the app... Where did you see lower price?


  • IK’s site sez so

  • I saw that it was off on the initial buy in the App Store, assumes IAP discount followed.

  • Hmm.. not seeing that here...

  • As for cheese, I prefer the salty 12 mo. + variety despite the cost.

  • Hi @ashen_hand, I believe the IAPs might be confusing you with their names.

    The “Deluxe Upgrade” is where you get an extra five or so synthesizers after you have already bought the “Full Collection.”

    If you want all of the synths in the one hit, you would buy the “Deluxe Collection.”

    Probably doesn’t help your decision, but good luck with your choice! :smile:

  • I got the full pack when it first came out, I don’t have the extra five synths in the Deluxe pack (even though I used to have a Roland SH5, so I am sorely tempted just for that). I think it sounds great, it includes most combinations of raw waveforms that you would normally use and the rest is fully programable, and the layering and effects takes it into another league.

  • Ok, after waiting forever to buy it, I missed the sale. Today Syntronic (desktop) went on CRAZY SALE FOR $70 and jam points work, so I just bought in at under $50. If you were on the fence, it’s the time NOW!

  • I was really disappointed with the patches for the SH5, given what I know that synth to be capable of. But I guess if you're interested in raw waveforms it's still worth it.

  • edited February 23

    If you have regular Syntronik on the desktop, Memory-V (from Deluxe) is now available for free for a limited time.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ytTH7InaxM

    In fact even if you don't have Syntronik in your computer, it will load in Syntronik Free. Normally sells for $50.

    Get it at Audio Plugin Deals

    https://audioplugin.deals/memory-v-by-ik-multimedia-free-download/

  • I think their server is overheating, my downloads are “stuck”

  • edited February 23

    I think Syntronik sounds very very good. I liked this post on the GS forum. Doesn’t overhype what Syntronik is but still rates it highly.

    ”I spoke w/ Eric Norlander at Winter NAMM 2018, who did all or most the sampling from his own vintage collection ... Syntronik is really his brainchild. IK was apparently not initially positive about creating "just another synth sample collection", as they already have that with their SonicSynth product. This is a different kind of thing altogether.


    As explained to me, the approach of modeling OSCs has inherent difficulties due to the current limits of CPU speeds and PC architectures. As a former Intel engineer, I can attest that these limitations are real. The VST, etc. which do an especially good job of modeling tend to be CPU intensive, and those which are not CPU intensive tend to be less authentic or lack a "certain something".


    Further, most modeling approaches take a "scientific" approach to modeling various components, and rely upon what is easily measured to validate the fidelity of the model. Quite a few things which are very difficult to measure play big roles in the character or "magic" of certain synthesizers.


    Syntronik approaches this a bit differently. A lot of care was taken to sample instruments in the context of a certain type of patch or sound. So instead of creating a patch within the limitations of the VA models, the essential character of the patch is captured/sampled using some pretty clever methods to keep it from having that static, boring "sampled" sound.


    In that sense, the modeled filters are not necessarily the most accurate representations of the Instruments represented. Neither do you get all of the parameter that the originals had. Instead, what you get is a set of editable presets which are designed to capture that vintage "vibe", while being very recognizable as the instruments they are intended to emulate. 


    I'll attest that none of these instruments really nails a completely perfect emulation of anything. However, I've owned a good number of these Instruments myself, and can say that they have really captured the essence of a lot of them. What you do get are sounds that immediately make you think "oh, Oberheim", "ahh MiniMoog", etc. ... and a very complete, immediately usable, musically appropriate, "toolkit" of classic sounds“.

  • edited September 5

    Syntronik and all the IAPs are on sale.
    Looks to be around 40-50% off. Nice!

  • anyone knows how much GB it needs with all IAPs?

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I like it. It's good. I'm thrilled it's AU. I bought the whole enchilada. I look at it sometimes like the ceramic fruit bowl full of ceramic fruit that sits on your mother's sideboard. I don't use it for eating. So far anyway. Hope to.

    Enormously concur.

  • @MAtrixplan said:
    anyone knows how much GB it needs with all IAPs?

    Showing 6.45GB here

  • edited September 5

    In my case there is no iAP discount, am I wrong?

  • @gusgranite said:
    I think Syntronik sounds very very good. I liked this post on the GS forum. Doesn’t overhype what Syntronik is but still rates it highly.
    ”I spoke w/ Eric Norlander at Winter NAMM 2018, who did all or most the sampling from his own vintage collection ... Syntronik is really his brainchild. IK was apparently not initially positive about creating "just another synth sample collection", as they already have that with their SonicSynth product. This is a different kind of thing altogether.

    As explained to me, the approach of modeling OSCs has inherent difficulties due to the current limits of CPU speeds and PC architectures. As a former Intel engineer, I can attest that these limitations are real. The VST, etc. which do an especially good job of modeling tend to be CPU intensive, and those which are not CPU intensive tend to be less authentic or lack a "certain something".

    Further, most modeling approaches take a "scientific" approach to modeling various components, and rely upon what is easily measured to validate the fidelity of the model. Quite a few things which are very difficult to measure play big roles in the character or "magic" of certain synthesizers.

    Syntronik approaches this a bit differently. A lot of care was taken to sample instruments in the context of a certain type of patch or sound. So instead of creating a patch within the limitations of the VA models, the essential character of the patch is captured/sampled using some pretty clever methods to keep it from having that static, boring "sampled" sound.

    In that sense, the modeled filters are not necessarily the most accurate representations of the Instruments represented. Neither do you get all of the parameter that the originals had. Instead, what you get is a set of editable presets which are designed to capture that vintage "vibe", while being very recognizable as the instruments they are intended to emulate. 

    I'll attest that none of these instruments really nails a completely perfect emulation of anything. However, I've owned a good number of these Instruments myself, and can say that they have really captured the essence of a lot of them. What you do get are sounds that immediately make you think "oh, Oberheim", "ahh MiniMoog", etc. ... and a very complete, immediately usable, musically appropriate, "toolkit" of classic sounds“.

    great way to put it, on top of that on iOS what else can compete?

  • Cool. Been waiting for the IAP deluxe to go on sale

  • @Yalexein said:
    In my case there is no iAP discount, am I wrong?

    Regular price for Deluxe is around $90USD if I remember correctly.

  • @_mwallace said:

    @Yalexein said:
    In my case there is no iAP discount, am I wrong?

    Regular price for Deluxe is around $90USD if I remember correctly.

    Right! A banner within the app informs also on sampletank 50% discount price, but IAP seems normal till now: ex. American acoustic is 21€ right now.

  • @Yalexein said:

    @_mwallace said:

    @Yalexein said:
    In my case there is no iAP discount, am I wrong?

    Regular price for Deluxe is around $90USD if I remember correctly.

    Right! A banner within the app informs also on sampletank 50% discount price, but IAP seems normal till now: ex. American acoustic is 21€ right now.

    Deluxe upgrade is normally $20, but in-app store shows it on sale for $10 right now.

  • @CracklePot said:

    @Yalexein said:

    @_mwallace said:

    @Yalexein said:
    In my case there is no iAP discount, am I wrong?

    Regular price for Deluxe is around $90USD if I remember correctly.

    Right! A banner within the app informs also on sampletank 50% discount price, but IAP seems normal till now: ex. American acoustic is 21€ right now.

    Deluxe upgrade is normally $20, but in-app store shows it on sale for $10 right now.

    I just had the basic Syntronik with a handful of presets. So Deluxe IAP sale price for me was $50.

  • @_mwallace said:

    @CracklePot said:

    @Yalexein said:

    @_mwallace said:

    @Yalexein said:
    In my case there is no iAP discount, am I wrong?

    Regular price for Deluxe is around $90USD if I remember correctly.

    Right! A banner within the app informs also on sampletank 50% discount price, but IAP seems normal till now: ex. American acoustic is 21€ right now.

    Deluxe upgrade is normally $20, but in-app store shows it on sale for $10 right now.

    I just had the basic Syntronik with a handful of presets. So Deluxe IAP sale price for me was $50.

    That would seem about right, sale-wise.
    I think I paid around $40 for the Full version.

  • edited September 7

    This is still on sale and I decided to purchase it...because all the vids I saw (Doug, Rudess) showed it to be quite a terrific app. I was very disappointed with IK's SampleTank, especially for the GUI and poor quality of the Miroslav acoustics, IMO. But this seems like a better mousetrap.

    So, even tho I realize about the 2 oscillator thing, the sounds are very good, organized well, some tweakability, easy multilayering, excellent and multitudinous effects, and AU.... for $40 US on sale (downloading the app for an additional fiver unnecessary... just download the free version and buy from that). To get emulations of over 30 classic synths at about a dollar a pop seems like a very good deal. Last synth purchase!... maybe.

    Edit: just discovered you have to register and allow them usage of your personal info to access the friggin manual. Foul! Why did I ever forgive IK? On top of that, the site would not recognize my email address. Refund time? Well, we shall see. I emailed them.

Sign In or Register to comment.