Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auxy, I pulled the free trial trig

2»

Comments

• I think Korg is in the penalty box for Organ Theft so maybe a month of Auxy at $5 is in order to show solidarity. Create some and export the MIDI and audio and then take a break after Korg
    fixes their IAP problem.

• @robertreynolds said:
    I've been working a lot in Auxy lately to try and establish whether I want to continue subscribing. I was a little put off at one point when I couldn't access my projects on a plane because I didn't have internet access. However, they seem to have fixed that issue in a recent update as far as I can tell.

From my perspective, it is limited but..... it also just sounds so good. I can't explain it, but it sounds better to me than most of the presets in my other synths. It feels like I'm making more music and worrying less about trying to tweak presets to fit the mix, less adjusting frequencies, filters and volume levels etc.This alone is a bonus in my book because it means I'm spending more time doing what I love....making music.

This right here is what makes Auxy great, even though it’s not currently in my workflow. Behind the scenes, mastering, etc type stuff to make the output always sonically pleasing. Let the user worry only about the music. Honestly wish more apps, daws, etc took this approach. You can look at like an instrument. Don’t like the sound of it? Play something else. Maybe we don’t really want a “transparent” sound.

• @db909 said:

@robertreynolds said:
    I've been working a lot in Auxy lately to try and establish whether I want to continue subscribing. I was a little put off at one point when I couldn't access my projects on a plane because I didn't have internet access. However, they seem to have fixed that issue in a recent update as far as I can tell.

From my perspective, it is limited but..... it also just sounds so good. I can't explain it, but it sounds better to me than most of the presets in my other synths. It feels like I'm making more music and worrying less about trying to tweak presets to fit the mix, less adjusting frequencies, filters and volume levels etc.This alone is a bonus in my book because it means I'm spending more time doing what I love....making music.

This right here is what makes Auxy great, even though it’s not currently in my workflow. Behind the scenes, mastering, etc type stuff to make the output always sonically pleasing. Let the user worry only about the music. Honestly wish more apps, daws, etc took this approach. You can look at like an instrument. Don’t like the sound of it? Play something else. Maybe we don’t really want a “transparent” sound.

Yup. Even the stupid instrument names in a way are kind of nice, like, what sound is this, I don't know - have to play it. It fosters experimentation in its little sandbox environment. Sample length was also increased from 10 to 20 seconds which is helpful, no more splitting up longer audio files.

I'd definitely like to see a playing surface. I'd like to see more FX. A little synth (2x osc, simple filter, some simple controls) would be nice but not a dealbreaker. But frankly, I wouldn't want to see it do too much more than that.... would just start getting bloated.

• Anyone still using Auxy? Are you using the free version or subscription?

• @Gavinski said:
    Anyone still using Auxy? Are you using the free version or subscription?

I kinda looked back to Auxy's nice & simple piano roll a few times but now that Drambo has a very similar one on board and I'm completely free to use any sound source, I'm set 😊

• @rs2000 said:

@Gavinski said:

I kinda looked back to Auxy's nice & simple piano roll a few times but now that Drambo has a very similar one on board and I'm completely free to use any sound source, I'm set 😊

Does it allow you to mix and match the patterns like in Auxy?

• @robosardine said:

@rs2000 said:

@Gavinski said:

Does it allow you to mix and match the patterns like in Auxy?

It’s not exactly the same but yes Drambo has a very nice pattern grid where you can move things around easily

• Auxy still does not support MIDI as it did years ago.

But they have a non-subscription App too:

https://apps.apple.com/app/auxy-jam-simple-beat-maker/id1488320391

• @Gavinski said:

I still use Auxy Studio on occasion while on the go. It's one of those rare subscription music apps I feel is still worth subscribing to even 5 years later due to its already ginormous but also expanding library of sounds.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

I still use Auxy Studio on occasion while on the go. It's one of those rare subscription music apps I feel is still worth subscribing to even 5 years later due to its already ginormous but also expanding library of sounds.

I’ve been playing around with the free version today - it definitely has some cool features, like the intuitive piano roll and easy automation. The few free pluck sounds I tried also sounded good, as did the fx. But definitely some things that would annoy me, like the sequencer seeming to be stuck to 16 beats, or only a choice of 1 bar, 2 bars, 4 bars etc - why on earth no option for 5 bars etc? Maybe I am missing something as I barely know it, but it does seem not to have these features.

• @Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

I’ve been playing around with the free version today - it definitely has some cool features, like the intuitive piano roll and easy automation. The few free pluck sounds I tried also sounded good, as did the fx. But definitely some things that would annoy me, like the sequencer seeming to be stuck to 16 beats, or only a choice of 1 bar, 2 bars, 4 bars etc - why on earth no option for 5 bars etc? Maybe I am missing something as I barely know it, but it does seem not to have these features.

Yeah that's the only drawback in my opinion is it's stuck on standard 1, 2, 4, and 8 bar lengths, lol. No time signatures outside of 4/4. It's perfect for jotting down standard musical ideas though. Gadget is a better environment for sketching music ideas, but it really sucks my phone's battery dry super quick. (My iPhone SE 2 has a weaker battery than, say, an iPhone 14.)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

Yeah that's the only drawback in my opinion is it's stuck on standard 1, 2, 4, and 8 bar lengths, lol. No time signatures outside of 4/4. It's perfect for jotting down standard musical ideas though. Gadget is a better environment for sketching music ideas, but it really sucks my phone's battery dry super quick. (My iPhone SE 2 has a weaker battery than, say, an iPhone 14.)

Yeah I saw that your gas for the op field has been replaced by gas for a new phone - probably a good call!

• @Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Gavinski said:

Yeah I saw that your gas for the op field has been replaced by gas for a new phone - probably a good call!

Definitely. I saw Loopop's OP-1F video, and it dissuaded me from having GAS for it. The iPhone 14 simply does more.

• What Auxy did reminds me of Building Blocks by Audible Genius (Syntorial), which is implemented entirely in a browser.

• @db909 said:
    KEW replaced Auxy for me. Nice modern sounding synth, drum samples with import, easy automation, and a simple interface. This time with live recording and a keyboard and chord pad. I won’t use Auxy again until it has live recording

What is this “KEW” app? I can’t find it in the appstore.

• @Sabicas said:

@db909 said:
    KEW replaced Auxy for me. Nice modern sounding synth, drum samples with import, easy automation, and a simple interface. This time with live recording and a keyboard and chord pad. I won’t use Auxy again until it has live recording

I think it's an abbreviation for "Korg Electibe Wave".

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/korg-electribe-wave/id1399464596

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Sabicas said:

@db909 said:

This topic is so old I have to say I think Auxy is great, still use it occasionally. I Don’t use Korg Electribr Wave anymore

• @db909 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Sabicas said:

@db909 said:

This topic is so old I have to say I think Auxy is great, still use it occasionally. I Don’t use Korg Electribr Wave anymore

Anything else?

• @db909 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Sabicas said:

@db909 said:

Me I've never used Korg Electribe Wave as a standalone app, lol. I tried, and it just didn't gel with me. It does get used within Gadget as well as AUv3 in my productions though. ;)