Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best sample slicer apps

124»

Comments

• Beat Twirl looks great on paper but it's hard to gauge stability going off the reviews and most recent update being a year ago. Is anyone currently using this for slicing?

• edited January 2023

I'm choosing a sample slicer.

What would be the best sample slicer apps on iOS and iPadOS today?

iPadOS and iOS.

• I use Drambo’s Flexi Sampler.

• @mistercharlie said:
    I use Drambo’s Flexi Sampler.

I would love to learn that. I have to learn Drambo first though. Looks like I need to choose a couple of my apps and dive deep. Currently looking like Drambo and MiRack.

• wimwim
    edited January 2023

You wouldn't have to learn much of Drambo at all to use the Flexi sampler. Just load Drambo, add Flexi to a track, and then learn how to use that particular module. That's it. The rest can come later. People think getting into Drambo is a massive learning curve. It doesn't have to be if all you want to do is something simple.

I recommend checking out Koala. Simple and so much fun.

sEGments is another good one.

• @wim said:
    You wouldn't have to learn much of Drambo at all to use the Flexi sampler. Just load Drambo, add Flexi to a track, and then learn how to use that particular module. That's it. The rest can come later. People think getting into Drambo is a massive learning curve. It doesn't have to be if all you want to do is something simple.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

• @wim said:

+1. Koala is just amazing.

• Koala is really convenient for slicing. It uses the touch interface really well for pretty seamless slicing manually and a pretty good autochopper

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Koala is really convenient for slicing. It uses the touch interface really well for pretty seamless slicing manually and a pretty good autochopper

Cool. I had no idea I could slice in Koala.

• Dawnbeat has been a favorite of mine recently. other that that flexi in drambo is cool too

• A lot depends on what you want from a slicer. I find that different slicers can be inspirational in different says. I'll come up with different things using ReSlice than I will with sEGments or Koala and vice versa.

• @andowrites said:

@Fingolfinzz said:
    Koala is really convenient for slicing. It uses the touch interface really well for pretty seamless slicing manually and a pretty good autochopper

Cool. I had no idea I could slice in Koala.

You need the Samurai IAP.
    It is good, I also recommend it.