Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ruismaker Noir : Out Now!

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

@brambos said:

@recccp said:
    @brambos
    Don't want to seem ungrateful
    Let us know when ready for feature requests :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Post away. If there's low hanging fruit I can perhaps take it along for the inevitable 1.0.1 update :)

I can’t think of anything, aside from a few tutorials for the deeper stuff.

It’s a cracker, I particularly like building up more complex rhythms in the standalone.

I was looking forward to this one, and it’s even better than I’d expected.

Agreed also using multiple instances inside a Cubasis2 with effects and EQ on the fly on the master for low pass filtering etc is great fun.

Yeah loading up three and putting them through Kosmanaut is great fun.

I’m really enjoying building patches in the standalone though, you can get a really complex, multi layered rhythm going with just the single instance.

You are my thrifty canary in the iOS coal mine and thus it's an immediate monzobuy :)

It fits very well into my workflow, and the sort of racket that I make - but it’s got the fun factor too, so I reckon most will find a place for it.

This is what I’d hoped to get from EDrums, but I find that one too unwieldy and unstable. This is rock solid, so I can finally get on with it. It’s been getting far too melodic in the Monzo workshop.

I’m going to have a good old play with it later, but just been informed I’ve got about 100 apples to peel.

That's too many apples. Unless they were metaphoric apples. Even so, it must be said that peeled apples tend to result in things we're largely in favour of. Pie.

Crumble.

@Cliffy said:
    First impression...Noir pairs very well with Rozeta LFO.

Fancy pants.

• Fantastic work, @brambos. Already made a song idea from using this app alone.

• A few minutes I had a lot of GAS about DFAM....

Right now, some hole open in the sky about Ruismaker Noir. IT IS AMAZING

• I’m loving this app! Basic question: is it possible to sequence patterns so I’m not playing the same pattern over and over to infinity? How is this done?

• edited November 2018

Suggestion: remove gain from randomizer to avoid blowing out my ears

• @jigglypuff said:
    I’m loving this app! Basic question: is it possible to sequence patterns so I’m not playing the same pattern over and over to infinity? How is this done?

At this point you need to use an outside sequencer, such as by hosting Noir in a DAW like Cubasis, or from Xequence, or by using something like Rozeta Bassline. Bassline works alright for pitch, but only has two velocity levels, so isn’t ideal.

I really hope @brambos will consider adding the multiple patterns system and the tool for shifting the pattern forward or backward to the sequencer.

Or - maybe to add the variable velocity feature of Noir to Bassline. Now that would be sweet. B)

• Bram, this is sooo good. Wonderful design both sonically and visually. Now for Ripplemaker Noir with this great velocity enabled sequencer.

• @jigglypuff said:
    Suggestion: remove gain from randomizer to avoid blowing out my ears

Disregard!

• Thanks for all the superkind words and useful feedback. I’m taking notes :)

• Got it, just because :)

The only App i still don’t own is Perforator.

• edited November 2018

This app is just so good! In a host matched up with Rozeta and a few fx apps there’s a lot to be had. Thanks @brambos

As a matter of fact, this has completely drawn my interest away from another big app that was released today. ;)

• @wim said:

@jigglypuff said:
    I’m loving this app! Basic question: is it possible to sequence patterns so I’m not playing the same pattern over and over to infinity? How is this done?

At this point you need to use an outside sequencer, such as by hosting Noir in a DAW like Cubasis, or from Xequence, or by using something like Rozeta Bassline. Bassline works alright for pitch, but only has two velocity levels, so isn’t ideal.

I really hope @brambos will consider adding the multiple patterns system and the tool for shifting the pattern forward or backward to the sequencer.

+1

• @brambos said:
    Downloads should be quick: download size 1.6Mb must be a record for me :o

(there are no images in it, just vector/realtime drawings - except a handful of tiny 4bit icons. And I'm not including any third party frameworks anymore... I don't think you can make it any smaller than this)

Would you share with us, in which language you are programming your Apps?

I always play with the idea to try something myself and the language you use seems capable and produces small binaries. Seems to be a good choice :)

• @crony said:
    All the track is 100% IOS

Mucho cool.

• @tja said:
    Got it, just because :)

The only App i still don’t own is Perforator.

I think @jigglypuff just discovered an alternative...

• @tja said:

A combination... Anything to do with realtime audio and MIDI is either in C or C++. Anything to do with iOS and GUI is done in Objective-C.

• @brambos said:

@tja said:

A combination... Anything to do with realtime audio and MIDI is either in C or C++. Anything to do with iOS and GUI is done in Objective-C.

Many thanks.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@MonzoPro said:

@brambos said:

@recccp said:
    @brambos
    Don't want to seem ungrateful
    Let us know when ready for feature requests :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Post away. If there's low hanging fruit I can perhaps take it along for the inevitable 1.0.1 update :)

I can’t think of anything, aside from a few tutorials for the deeper stuff.

It’s a cracker, I particularly like building up more complex rhythms in the standalone.

I was looking forward to this one, and it’s even better than I’d expected.

Agreed also using multiple instances inside a Cubasis2 with effects and EQ on the fly on the master for low pass filtering etc is great fun.

Yeah loading up three and putting them through Kosmanaut is great fun.

I’m really enjoying building patches in the standalone though, you can get a really complex, multi layered rhythm going with just the single instance.

You are my thrifty canary in the iOS coal mine and thus it's an immediate monzobuy :)

It fits very well into my workflow, and the sort of racket that I make - but it’s got the fun factor too, so I reckon most will find a place for it.

This is what I’d hoped to get from EDrums, but I find that one too unwieldy and unstable. This is rock solid, so I can finally get on with it. It’s been getting far too melodic in the Monzo workshop.

I’m going to have a good old play with it later, but just been informed I’ve got about 100 apples to peel.

That's too many apples. Unless they were metaphoric apples. Even so, it must be said that peeled apples tend to result in things we're largely in favour of. Pie.

Crumble.

@Cliffy said:
    First impression...Noir pairs very well with Rozeta LFO.

Fancy pants.> @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@wim said:

@jigglypuff said:

+1

+2

I’ve created some really good sequences with the randomiser but they start in the wrong place. Being able to nudge it along a bit would be great.

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

Even without the randomizer, the sound of the patterns I come up with almost never end up corresponding to the natural start of the pattern.

• @wim said:
    Even without the randomizer, the sound of the patterns I come up with almost never end up corresponding to the natural start of the pattern.

Why is that?

• Congrats Mr. Bos! 1.6mb!!

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@lukesleepwalker said:

@wim said:

Why is that?

There are so many more influencers on the timbres and note volumes. In a traditional setting, familiar beat types (kick, Snare, hats...) and simple velocity are easy to place to shape a beat. In this, velocity and pitch do infinitely more, and tweaks can take a pattern in less predictable directions. Which is liberating to be sure, but could benefit from a way to help nudge it.

• @wim said:

That covers everything I ever do in Gadget. I always seem to start halfway through.

• edited November 2018

I read @Multicellular’s post and just spent an hour simply using random. This thing is wickedly interesting. Gotta see what I can do pairing it with Rozeta and a delay! Thanks @brambos !

• Little bit of Kleverb on top. Tasty!

• wimwim
    edited November 2018

@kinkujin said:
    I read @Multicellular’s post and just spent an hour simply using random. This thing is wickedly interesting. Gotta see what I can do pairing it with Rozeta and a delay! Thanks @brambos !

Kosmonaut. (Parental discretion advised.)

• Love it! Not sure if anyone has commented on the random being so close to the save button - lots of oops moments going to happen there! Apart from that I’m loving it as I expected I would :)

• Already having a blast with this on iPhone SE! Gonna be fun fun fun

• @brambos said:
    Downloads should be quick: download size 1.6Mb must be a record for me :o

(there are no images in it, just vector/realtime drawings - except a handful of tiny 4bit icons. And I'm not including any third party frameworks anymore... I don't think you can make it any smaller than this)

Role model! Congratulations!