Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Triq Traq sample sequencer

2»

Comments

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

Landscape mode would definitely be an improvement.

I worry about complaining (just me this) about how 'if only this one thing' etc etc, but I HAVE to believe that this nice little thing would get a lot more use, further penetration into the market etc etc, if it were simply landscape as well as portrait. I really like it, but I always drift away...

I totally see the point. On triqtraq’s behalf, I’d say they did such a fantastic job with the ergonomics of the layout that a simple landscape port might not cut it.

One idea that stands out: as an AUv3 on iPad, triqtraq could use the iPhone portrai layout as is, effectively allowing us to run triqtraq as is in a landscape environment like AUM.

• Yeah, it’s a step sequencer, so you’re pretty much on the grid. But the loop range feature is really interesting to mess around with.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Yeah, it’s a step sequencer, so you’re pretty much on the grid. But the loop range feature is really interesting to mess around with.

Yes you can get some weird evolving polyrhythms going, by mucking about with the loop lengths.

• You guys got me to try this one out.
    Thanks! B)
    It is really fun, fast, and easy to get a killer jam going with this.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Yeah, it’s a step sequencer, so you’re pretty much on the grid. But the loop range feature is really interesting to mess around with.

The swing automation is also super fun.

TBH, I feel like the workflow and UI would lend itself really nicely to some OP-Z style micro timing tricks: where notes can be nudged before/on/after the quantization grid, and when playing to record a sequence, off grid timing can be preserved. Off grid timing could easily be displayed by using color variation and/or left and right gradients for early/late notes. (Heck it could even implement batch nudging - selecting multiple notes in the sequencer to nudge all at once).

I'm sure this might be a bigger challenge than I realize in terms of the backend/sequencer programming side of things. But the musical options would be so tasty - and worth paying more $ for in my book.

• edited November 2018

@ohwell said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

TBH, I feel like the workflow and UI would lend itself really nicely to some OP-Z style micro timing tricks: where notes can be nudged before/on/after the quantization grid, and when playing to record a sequence, off grid timing can be preserved. Off grid timing could easily be displayed by using color variation and/or left and right gradients for early/late notes. (Heck it could even implement batch nudging - selecting multiple notes in the sequencer to nudge all at once).

I'm sure this might be a bigger challenge than I realize in terms of the backend/sequencer programming side of things. But the musical options would be so tasty - and worth paying more $ for in my book.

I think you're on to something. It seems to me this must be possible, because all my, uh TriqTraq tracks have really idiosyncratic timing.
    This is version 1.91, so I have hopes for a TriqTraqTwo soon....

Don't know if these guys are on the boards, but pinging @zaplinmusic

• @ohwell said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

• @ohwell said:
    Is it me or it hard quantizes everything we record onto the sequencer?

look under triqtraq in ios settings, there's an input quantisation option.