Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Triq Traq sample sequencer

Haven't seen this app mentioned here. Looks like a fun, intuitive interface. The pitch shifting sounds quality. Four tracks sounds very limited though. No info about midi.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lKLpgQZkVnM.

More info on the dev's web https://triqtraq.com/

Comments

• @ElectroHead I think there is some chatter about Triq Traq around and about (might want to check your spelling if you're searching here for it). It's a great 'little' program. Always comes up when there's discussion about the positivity of limitations....personally I find it fun and very creative.

• Yeah it’s an oldie but goodie.....but sadly not on my iPad now for some reason.....maybe it was lack of landscape mode or something...

• Yes @Fruitbat1919 the lack of landscape mode makes it absolutely unusable to me. Pity, would make a great stopover before Drambo drops.

• Excuse my ignorance, what is Landscape Mode?

• @ElectroHead said:
    Excuse my ignorance, what is Landscape Mode?

It’s when you can turn your pad so that the distance from side to side is the longer - a letterbox sort of view.

• edited November 2018

An incredible little tool for a pile of reasons, not the least of which: sketch on your phone, export to Ableton Live...
    (Free Live Lite 10 license included)

A beloved perennial

• @robosardine said:

@ElectroHead said:

It’s when you can turn your pad so that the distance from side to side is the longer - a letterbox sort of view.

Thanks!

• It's great on the iPhone.
    Fun and original concept. And one of the few apps that can actually sample live audio.

• Is it possible to export stems?(non ableton user here)

• PO-33 in your phone.

• @ElectroHead said:

@robosardine said:

@ElectroHead said:

Thanks!

And just to be clear, it's not down to general preferences that makes portrait-only a deal breaker for some. If you have your iPad in a dock or a stand or it's otherwise semi 'fixed' in a set up, it's generally fixed in landscape mode as most music apps are oriented that way.

• @milodeezy said:
    Is it possible to export stems?(non ableton user here)

Intermittently a non-Live user myself. The Live project folder includes regular old stems inside, next to the proprietary .als file, so we good

Anytime you’re hoping for separate stem export from an app, and they’re saying they offer Ableton project export, you have your stems...

• @Littlewoodg said:

@milodeezy said:
    Is it possible to export stems?(non ableton user here)

Intermittently a non-Live user myself. The Live project folder includes regular old stems inside, next to the proprietary .als file, so we good

Anytime you’re hoping for separate stem export from an app, and they’re saying they offer Ableton project export, you have your stems...

Sounds good,thanks alot for the info👍

• Funny one this. I enjoy digging it out occasionally for a muck about, but never made anything with it.

Think it was pretty cheap though so no buyers regret.

• This was all Triq:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    This was all Triq:

Nice. I'll revisit the Triq.

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    This was all Triq:

That was excellent! And a little unnerving — I recognize a couple of those sounds from my own triqtraq meanderings.

• Of course, AS IS ALWAYS THE WAY, we start talking about summat and, poof, update (excluding BM3 wherein this law works inversely etc etc):

• AND.....what I'd forgotten because it's been a while is that along with a super easy pattern-chainer-togetherer thingie, it also allows for ridiculously simple automation recording of pan, volume, pitch, some effects etc. Very on-the-fly and fun.

• Just made a little thing with this. I think one of the joys of making music on an iPad is rediscovering apps you’d long forgotten about.

Only thing I noticed is when running in AUM, when I click on TT itself to change pattern, it stops playing. Perfectly synced, but drops out when opened. Be nice if it didn’t do this, as I was building up a thing with Patterning and Ripplemaker.

• i think the solution to that problem is to ensure that the transport in AUM is running

• @wellingtonCres said:
    i think the solution to that problem is to ensure that the transport in AUM is running

Ahh...you’re right, that’s fixed it - thanks! I was using the built in sequencers in RM, TT and Patterning so forgot to switch that on. I’ll have a bit of fun with this now.

• @syrupcore said:

@ElectroHead said:

@robosardine said:

@ElectroHead said:

Thanks!

And just to be clear, it's not down to general preferences that makes portrait-only a deal breaker for some. If you have your iPad in a dock or a stand or it's otherwise semi 'fixed' in a set up, it's generally fixed in landscape mode as most music apps are oriented that way.

Exactly. I’ve tried using portrait only apps like Impaktor but it just screws with my brain. What I don’t understand is why the developer scaled up the app for iPad screen (no x2 zooming needed) yet didn’t go all the way to move the module blocks around to fit it horizontally. It wouldn’t even have to be resized. Probably not as easy as it sounds :)

• @supadom said:

@syrupcore said:

@ElectroHead said:

@robosardine said:

@ElectroHead said:

Thanks!

Exactly. I’ve tried using portrait only apps like Impaktor but it just screws with my brain. What I don’t understand is why the developer scaled up the app for iPad screen (no x2 zooming needed) yet didn’t go all the way to move the module blocks around to fit it horizontally. It wouldn’t even have to be resized. Probably not as easy as it sounds :)

It is a bit of a pain - just been running it with other apps via AUM, and it’s the only one that doesn’t work in landscape mode. Means I have to turn the iPad when tweaking it, which intrudes into the workflow.

Landscape mode would definitely be an improvement.

• @MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@syrupcore said:

@ElectroHead said:

@robosardine said:

@ElectroHead said:

Thanks!

It is a bit of a pain - just been running it with other apps via AUM, and it’s the only one that doesn’t work in landscape mode. Means I have to turn the iPad when tweaking it, which intrudes into the workflow.

I worry about complaining (just me this) about how 'if only this one thing' etc etc, but I HAVE to believe that this nice little thing would get a lot more use, further penetration into the market etc etc, if it were simply landscape as well as portrait. I really like it, but I always drift away...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@supadom said:

@syrupcore said:

@ElectroHead said:

@robosardine said:

@ElectroHead said:

Thanks!

I worry about complaining (just me this) about how 'if only this one thing' etc etc, but I HAVE to believe that this nice little thing would get a lot more use, further penetration into the market etc etc, if it were simply landscape as well as portrait. I really like it, but I always drift away...

I’m going to have a bit of a go with it tonight, unless I get called out to the pub. Definitely worth making a track with, but like you I’ll no doubt drift off to more user-friendly alignments..

• Hmmm....dropped out again, even when transport was playing in AUM.

• I have never used it in a finished project, BUT I have spent countless hours of fun with this one.
    And there is nothing wrong with that.

• edited November 2018

Is it me or it hard quantizes everything we record onto the sequencer?

(Probably not an issue for most, but for those who like to explore that Dilla unquantized beat territory, it’s a tough sell.)

(IMO they could implement no quantize record + the kind of per step nudge Op-Z has without a big change to the UI. Eg changing the color of the step when it’s timing is flush with the grid. With + - nudge buttons in the step edit mode.)

Otherwise the workflow is impressive, and the independent sequence tracks for everything including the effects are ridiculous fun.