Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Autony Unreliable Sequence Generator from Pagefell.

1111213141517»

Comments

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    @pagefall
    Ok... I was wrong... it's not the midi settings that helped Autony get going... (I probably changed multiple settings while trying to figure it out)
    When force to 44.1 is enabled (default in audio settings) Bassline is working fine, Autony doesn't... once I disabled that Autony started to work Bassline stopped. You need to restart ZB when changing it, but I can reproduce it here.

Ok. That’s a useful clue. Thank you. Leave it with me

• edited May 2020

Also when force 44.1 is on everything else is working fine (Rozeta, DigiStix, BeatHawk)
    edit: Might help - this is on Air3 which defaults to 48 without audio interface (was used without one)

• I've also noticed issues getting Autony to play in Zenbeats on iPad Pro 11"

• edited May 2020

The sample rate thing is a red herring. The issue is the way it sends the transport. Switching sample rate just causes it to try refresh that information I think

Have asked them for more information on the setup sequence. This one will likely be a few days before I push a fix. Got a busy couple of days on other stuff coming up

• For those with plugin issues, try this.

Go to Zenbeats Settings/Audio and uncheck Force 44.1.
    From there, go to the main menu, and select Exit Zenbeats... then relaunch it.
    This switch bypasses our global 44.1k setting and will run Zenbeats at the native 48k on iphone X and ipad pro models.
    Some plugins as you know do not like running at 48k, but I have successfully been able to use Autony since.

Also new in Zenbeats 1.2.0 is additional plugin compatibility options that allow you to force a sample rate and block size value on plugins loaded in your project.

So, if you have issues with plugins after disabling the Force 44.1 option, you can try to force problematic plugins to work at 44.k and at a fixed standard buffer size.

• @MatthewAtZenbeats Thank you sir!!!!! I can confirm this is working now!!!!!!

• edited May 2020

The problem with this solution is that while most hosts will load the plugin fine but play it back at wrong pitch, ZB will only be ok until you actually run into a problematic plugin, then it either won't load at all or crash the whole host, so you can't actually do anything about it until it's too late...

• @pagefall
    Thanks for the fix, that was fast :)

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    The problem with this solution is that while most hosts will load the plugin fine but play it back at wrong pitch, ZB will only be ok until you actually run into a problematic plugin, then it either won't load at all or crash the whole host, so you can't actually do anything about it until it's too late...

You are correct and some plugins do not like to be resampled at all. I highly recommend everyone who is using plugins that do not work at 48k to contact the developer and ask them to add support. 48k is the future of iOS audio and developers should support it properly.

• @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@0tolerance4silence said:

You are correct and some plugins do not like to be resampled at all. I highly recommend everyone who is using plugins that do not work at 48k to contact the developer and ask them to add support. 48k is the future of iOS audio and developers should support it properly.

Couldn't agree more :)

• @pagefall Thank- you for this update. Being able to transpose the sequence by other apps in the same scale, take Riffer for example, adds a whole new level of complexity to the sequences. Nicely done good sir!

• @RJB said:
    @pagefall Thank- you for this update. Being able to transpose the sequence by other apps in the same scale, take Riffer for example, adds a whole new level of complexity to the sequences. Nicely done good sir!

Yes, great update 👍