Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

D-1 Hybrid Synth from the AudioKit Team.

1272829303133»

Comments

• edited October 2019

Using iPad PRO 12.9 2015 at iPadOS 13.1.2
    128Gig, 15GB free

This combination is causing me a stuck note in Digital D1 EVERY time:

I honestly have been having lots of problems with intermittent/inconsistent crashes in both D1 and FM Player also. I love the range of available sounds in both of these apps, but can't keep them stable long enough to get anything done.

I've also noticed that you can't use the AUM lane's "All Notes Off" to get rid of the stuck note, you can only stop it by using Panic in the D1 app itself.

UPDATE:
    I just upgraded ios to 13.1.3 and there's no change, so this occurs at the current versions of everything. I tried a few other SEQ presets and they don't seem to hang, only Rhythms of Atlanta.

UPDATE2:
    In the Rhythms of Atlanta SEQ preset, I changed the step division to 1/4 note and there was no hang. It DOES hang at 1/4 triplet, however. I suspect there's a timing issue.

• Yes multi insurances is unfortunately not possible, My AUM session’s will not load more than one andThe state save isn’t working either in those sessions with more than one

• just for my knowledge...some of the banks/presets will not work if my ipad is not connected to internet, right?

• It’s (should be) on sale right now.

• @motmeister said:

UPDATE:
    I just upgraded ios to 13.1.3 and there's no change, so this occurs at the current versions of everything. I tried a few other SEQ presets and they don't seem to hang, only Rhythms of Atlanta.

UPDATE2:
    In the Rhythms of Atlanta SEQ preset, I changed the step division to 1/4 note and there was no hang. It DOES hang at 1/4 triplet, however. I suspect there's a timing issue.

This is great sleuthing & feedback, thank you!

• @Sergiu said:
    just for my knowledge...some of the banks/presets will not work if my ipad is not connected to internet, right?

The banks should all work w/o connecting to the internet. Once an IAP is downloaded, it will be in your app. 👍

Are you experiencing other behavior?

• yes...if im offline some of the banks won't load up> @analog_matt said:

@Sergiu said:
    just for my knowledge...some of the banks/presets will not work if my ipad is not connected to internet, right?

The banks should all work w/o connecting to the internet. Once an IAP is downloaded, it will be in your app. 👍

• @Sergiu said:
    yes...if im offline some of the banks won't load up> @analog_matt said:

@Sergiu said:

Hmmm... it definitely shouldn't be doing that. You may try deleting the app and re-downloading. (Make sure and export any user banks first)

• edited November 2019

I'll try that. ( p.s. it's working now...after i reinstalled it)

• edited December 2020

@Bryan said:
    Hello everyone! I'm brand new at this forum. I'm really loving the sound of D-1 but I've been having a couple issues when using the app with a midi keyboard controller and I wonder if anyone else is experiencing these issues.

The first issue is that if you play a note with the sustain pedal engaged and then play that same note a second time and then, holding the note down on the keyboard you release the sustain pedal, the note will stop playing. This should not happen, as the note is still being held on the keyboard.

In case that description is not clear, the sequence would be:

1. Press and hold the sustain pedal
    2. Play a note on the keyboard
    3. Play the same note on the keyboard again and keep note held down with your finger
    4. Release the sustain pedal
    5. The note stops sustaining even though it is still being held down on the keyboard

(It should be noted that it doesn't matter if the sustain pedal is pressed before or after the first note is pressed.)

The second issue I'm having is that in mono mode with legato turned off if you play a note and then while holding that note down play a second note, the first note will stop playing and second note will play (as it should), but then when you release the first note the second note will play again. What's needed here is note priority, preferably high note priority, so that when two notes are played at the same time only the highest one will sound. Actually the very best solution would be to be able to select between low note, high note, or last note played priority.

I'm fairly certain that both these issues are not something to do with my set up as I am not having these problems with any of my other iOS synths. Is anyone else having these problems?

I would like to say that I'm just in awe of the amount of hard work the developers have been putting into this synth; the update schedule has been insane! Thanks for creating such a fantastic app!

Thanks for this post! You are the first person I found that has the same problem!
    I noticed this with Volt and Agonizer by Kai Aras (numerical audio and jakob haq), but the developer(s) have not responded to me since I e-mailed him several times about 2 weeks ago. The issue most certainly does not have anything to do with your setup. Volt and Agonizer are from different developer than D1. They might use similar libraries, though. My other synths don't have these issues either, but I don't own D1.
    I hope some developer picks this up and fixes this. And hopefully others will report these issues too.
    Maybe not many iPad musicians are using sustain pedals ...