Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

D-1 Hybrid Synth from the AudioKit Team.

Comments

• edited July 2019

@Korakios said:

@Korakios said:
    Installed the new update 1.1.1 ,same issue, second AU not producing sound , this time the GUI is not blank ,but if I change preset still no sound and GUI is lost . (AB3 host)

With 1.2 same behavior. Created a new AB3 preset with a Rozeta bassline , this time both AUs load fine but I get no sound. No crash logs this time ....

http://preset.audiob.us/XnTp74VbMNGi33R

EDIT: They work fine when making the project. Problem appears on loading the project

And same issue within ApeMatrix, but I have faith :)
    Edit: D1 v1.2.1

• Damn. I just did my whole NS2/D1 challenge to find that it still doesn’t bounce down as well.

• edited July 2019

@DCJ said:
    Damn. I just did my whole NS2/D1 challenge to find that it still doesn’t bounce down as well.

😠 😤 😡

I feel your pain...I can’t put a youtube video and beat out behind this.

• edited July 2019

@ipadbeatmaking
    @espiegel123
    @analog_matt

This is because D1 stops making sound after buffer change. Try change buffer size when D1 is loaded in project - it stops sound until NS is restarted. Nanostudio is changing buffer size during rendering, that's why it mutes sound of D1.

I also notice occasional not-played notes - i made small looped 1 bar loop with one long note and then few shorter notes (not overlaping) but during playback sometimes some note doesn't play

@DCJ said:
    Damn. I just did my whole NS2/D1 challenge to find that it still doesn’t bounce down as well.

What about record it realtime using Audiobus into audioshare ? :)

• I also notice occasional not-played notes - i made small looped 1 bar loop with one long note and then few shorter notes (not overlaping) but during playback sometimes some note doesn't play

Also noticed this whilst playing the arp using the keyboard in Cubasis. When Cubasis is playing the arp doesn’t play the first key press but when it’s stopped plays as expected. Don’t know if it’s a D1 or Cubasis glitch. I will try with an external keyboard to see if the behaviour is the same.

• @dendy
    @DCJ said:

What about record it realtime using Audiobus into audioshare ? :)

I was thinking about this last night but couldn’t remember if Audiobus was added yet! Gonna do it that way. Thanks!

• Hey everyone, thanks for all these great reports!

We're working on everything.

• @Nu2moro said:

I also notice occasional not-played notes - i made small looped 1 bar loop with one long note and then few shorter notes (not overlaping) but during playback sometimes some note doesn't play

Also noticed this whilst playing the arp using the keyboard in Cubasis. When Cubasis is playing the arp doesn’t play the first key press but when it’s stopped plays as expected. Don’t know if it’s a D1 or Cubasis glitch. I will try with an external keyboard to see if the behaviour is the same.

@analog_matt
    Just checked with external keyboard and the same problem occurs. 😁

• edited July 2019

Not supported yet I know, but I get no sound from D1 when loading it as an audio unit in AUM under the new iPad OS beta. After a minute or so it crashes.

There’s an update to beta 2 tonight and will see if anything changes. {proq3 also crashes under new OS AUM)

• @SonicNeutronic said:
    Not supported yet I know, but I get no sound from D1 when loading it as an audio unit in AUM under the new iPad OS beta. After a minute or so it crashes.

There’s an update to beta 2 tonight and will see if anything changes. {proq3 also crashes under new OS AUM)

Yep this is a confirmed issue, I prefer to stay on iPadOS beta so that means no D1 AU for now....life is about trade offs 🤓

• edited July 2019

@realdawei said:

@SonicNeutronic said:

Yep this is a confirmed issue, I prefer to stay on iPadOS beta so that means no D1 AU for now....life is about trade offs 🤓

Aha, thanks for confirming.
    Same here with regards to ipad os - lol - I've been enjoying a round or two of Grid Autosport with an old PS4 controller.

• This is probably written out somewhere in this 32 page thread but just in case it isn't..

When I load d1 AU in AUM, as soon as I connect it thru modstep or xequence d1 stops working.

• @analog_matt already working on a fix for iPadOS? I just updated my iPad to iPadOS DP4, but D1 is still the only synth that is not working in AUM. I know iPadOS is still beta but I hope for a fix.

• @Pierre118 said:
    @analog_matt already working on a fix for iPadOS? I just updated my iPad to iPadOS DP4, but D1 is still the only synth that is not working in AUM. I know iPadOS is still beta but I hope for a fix.

This☝🏽

• Just my opinion here, I don’t think people using iOS betas should expect developers to fix anything yet because their beta fixes could get broken with the next iOS beta. You knew the risk when you installed it, that’s why it’s called beta software. Maybe as the release gets closer but if you’ve gotta have D1, you can go back to iOS 12 in the meantime (unless you can’t go back).

• @yowza said:
    Just my opinion here, I don’t think people using iOS betas should expect developers to fix anything yet because their beta fixes could get broken with the next iOS beta. You knew the risk when you installed it, that’s why it’s called beta software. Maybe as the release gets closer but if you’ve gotta have D1, you can go back to iOS 12 in the meantime (unless you can’t go back).

That's why I used the word 'hope', and not 'expect'.............

btw.....D1 is the only Auv3 that is not working in AUM(in my situation)

• I hear Pure Synth is having issues, I’m sure there are others.

• edited July 2019

@yowza said:
    I hear Pure Synth is having issues, I’m sure there are others.

Pure synth works perfect in AUM, I'm on iPadOS

I assume your are also on iPadOS?

• @reasOne said:
    This is probably written out somewhere in this 32 page thread but just in case it isn't..

When I load d1 AU in AUM, as soon as I connect it thru modstep or xequence d1 stops working.

Are you also using an IOS beta version?

• Same issue here : no sound with D1 on IAA or AUv3 version. IOS 12.4 into AUM 1.3.2 (180 - beta )

For what it's worth, I remember having the very same issue with first AUv3 version's of DRC...Then it has been fixed...
    So maybe there's something that Imaginando may point to help solving this ?

Good luck ! :)

• Make sure the midi is set to Omni. D1 loads the last channel used on both IAA and AU.

• Oh hey! I can record and playback automation in BM3 now! Nice...

• edited September 2019

Just opened D1 for 1st time in ages and a number of the preset banks are empty... Brice, HAQ, Red Sky etc.

Is there a process I need to perform to repopulate these?

Cheers

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Just opened D1 for 1st time in ages and a number of the preset banks are empty... Brice, HAQ, Red Sky etc.

Cheers

Same for me .... contacted Matt got extremely quick reply.... delete and reinstall do repurchase free IAP's. If you have lots of user presets make sure you copy those first!

Worked for me on iOS 10.3

• @at2 said:

@SpookyZoo said:

Cheers

Same for me .... contacted Matt got extremely quick reply.... delete and reinstall do repurchase free IAP's. If you have lots of user presets make sure you copy those first!

Worked for me on iOS 10.3

Cool. That worked, thanks. 👍😁

• edited October 2019

hey guys, just want to let you know - i realized that AudioKit D1 / FM player AUs are both now properly rendered in NS2 if you use same sample rate for mixdown like realtime used samplerate !! They doesn't get muted anymore !! Also buffer changing in NS2 buffer settings is now safe, D1 doesn't go silent like before.

Also mixdown issues with Mellowsound (which uses AudioKIT too) are gone, renders properly.

I'm not sure, but i think it started working properly after iOS 13.2 update ? Could it be that Apple unfucked something in libraries used by AusioKIT ? Dunno..

There is still issue when rendering using higher sample rates (88, 96khz) - some notes are simoly not in mixdown file - but at least at same as realtime sample rate (44 or 48) it works fine !!

• @dendy said:

hey guys, just want to let you know - i realized that AudioKit D1 / FM player AUs are both now properly rendered in NS2 if you use same sample rate for mixdown like realtime used samplerate !! They doesn't get muted anymore !! Also buffer changing in NS2 buffer settings is now safe, D1 doesn't go silent like before.

Also mixdown issues with Mellowsound (which uses AudioKIT too) are gone, renders properly.

I'm not sure, but i think it started working properly after iOS 13.2 update ? Could it be that Apple unfucked something in libraries used by AusioKIT ? Dunno..

There is still issue when rendering using higher sample rates (88, 96khz) - some notes are simoly not in mixdown file - but at least at same as realtime sample rate (44 or 48) it works fine !!

What about multi-instancing? That’s an immediate crash for me ion iPadOS 13.1

• @realdawei said:

@dendy said:

What hardware?

• @espiegel123 said:

@realdawei said:

@dendy said:

What hardware?

iPad Pro 12.9 2018

• @realdawei

ah, yes you're true.. multi instances are no go.. 2019 Mini 5 / iOS13.2