Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is it just me, or do "Reviews" feel like Commercials

13»

Comments

• @RubenDari said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Would everyone rather I stopped posting my demos here? I really don’t want to upset anyone and it’s clear I do

Keep going doug! I didn't start this thread to suggest you or anyone else should stop making videos. My post was intended to be a conversation about where musicians can go for honest opinions on gear in reviews.

That is indeed something i miss on iOS as well, especially since apps getting more expensive while still no chance to demo an app.
    I thought myself to start some you tube videos about sound design with some tools and apps but then i wouldn‘t know how to start.
    But apps which exist crossplatform f.e. like DRC offer a lot to find about it on you-tube etc.
    Some developers wonder about not much sales but even can‘t offer a manual pdf.....

• @Turntablist said:

@robosardine said:
    I can’t imagine there would be a single person who would not wish to be presented with the option of watching one of Doug’s latest videos as they browse the forum... is there?

I have no interest in his videos at all, especially not while i read a forum.
    I dont remember anybody in this thread suggesting that he shouldn't post them though, other than Doug himself, so why is it now being turned around in to suggesting any body even made a remark like that ?

Just because some people like Dougs videos does not mean that everybody should, just because Doug has been around a while does not mean everybody should watch his videos.
    Trying to use peer pressure to make it so is completely silly.

Everybody has their own choice, nobody needs to get defensive and nobody suggested anybody should stop posting either.

If Doug wants to post, he will, his choice, if anybody wants to watch, their choice, no whining, no peer pressure, no problem.

Er, you’ve just turned it around yourself. Nobody suggested everybody should watch Doug’s videos. Anyway, if it wasn’t for his videos, I wouldn’t have found my way to this wonderful forum. Just one of the many things of value gleaned from his magnificent body of work.

As with everything in life, some find tremendous value in Doug’s videos, others do not. We all have our opinions and those opinions are our own and cannot be expressed by anyone else. Let’s just be sensitive to others opinions.

• @Strizbiz said:
    While I appreciate the effort people put forth to make “reviews “, sometimes it feels like some want to hurry up and be first to make a video on an app that they haven’t learned well themselves. I understand that for some it’s about getting as many views as possible and being first probably helps with that, but I rather become a subscriber of someone who took the time to dig a little deeper and learn an app before attempting to review and teach an app and fumble thru the video.
    Also I appreciate quality over quantity. If someone is uploading a video every day, it kinda shows in their work that they’ve spent somewhere between 5 and 15 minutes with the app before making a video.

This!

• Infomercials for synth lovers. :D

• Reviews are just another form of advertising in most cases. They are there to sell product, whether it’s the product being reviewed or the reviewers product.

As a side note, most videos are just too long. My YouTube suggested videos just had a video for a breakfast smoothie. Almost 13 minutes long! That must be some smoothie! I won’t be watching it. And I’ll make my own smoothies in less than 13 minutes thank you!

• I love getting free education and entertainment from YouTube videos. I probably spend way too much time watching but I try to make use of some of the tools YouTube provides to help me out, such as increasing playback speed and scrubbing/fast forward.

I've made a few iOS music demo type videos over the years and they required a lot of effort on my part...mostly due to my ineptitude. But I learned a lot and I found making those videos an enjoyable endeavor in the long run. I want to make more iOS vids, but as some here know, it's a challenge for me to get anything done nowadays, much less make a quality video...but, I'm still striving to get better.

I really appreciate the effort that people such as Doug, Tim, and Jakob have put into demos and reviews and hope they can continue for a long time even without Apple's AppStore incentive...which is sadly gone now.

• I feel sorry for the youtubers who have had to do videos explaining that they arent sell outs. Uttely absurd demands from some viewers, that the integrity of the content provider is impacted by the audacity to actually make any money out of their videos.
    I see no such dubious offenders, if someone has been sponsored then so what, ive seen zero review videos that dont mention the cons.

Im guessing some viewers are just feeling duped by their own GAS pushing them to spend too much and so blame what they imagine as the bribed dishonest actor that are tricking them. Blame capitalism not those who play by capitalisms rules just to survive.

• @Calverhall said:
    I feel sorry for the youtubers who have had to do videos explaining that they arent sell outs. Uttely absurd demands from some viewers, that the integrity of the content provider is impacted by the audacity to actually make any money out of their videos.
    I see no such dubious offenders, if someone has been sponsored then so what, ive seen zero review videos that dont mention the cons.

Im guessing some viewers are just feeling duped by their own GAS pushing them to spend too much and so blame what they imagine as the bribed dishonest actor that are tricking them. Blame capitalism not those who play by capitalisms rules just to survive.

'
    Well said.