Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - October 2018

Comments

• @bedheadproducer said:
    I haven't joined the song of the month club yet, so here goes:
    This isn't a new song, but if you haven't heard it yet it is...lol.
    I do so much electronic based stuff I thought I'd dig up something I did on a nylon string. I wrote this when I was around 32 and had a GF named Lochelle, the year of 9/11

Great lead playing. I’d have liked the backing mixed slightly lower compared to the lead.

• I went through a GB phase and here is a dark downtempo thing I did with it as a stand-alone app

• @Spidericemidas said:

My Gadget effort for October. Now catching up with everyone else’s submissions for this month! 🙂🙏

Very professional sounding, nicely put together. My favourite parts were without the drumming but that’s just me.

• @studs1966 said:

Nice

Kind of thing that was popular back in the day, that stuff released by strictly rhythm and played by diy jack etc

Now, if you were to make progressive house like Sasha and digweed play, you’d be doing the iOS music scene a huge favour

• @icsleepers said:
    Alright, another one off Cellar Door (haven’t actually written anything new last month). This one I think is my favorite track off the EP (last month I posted a well received one, so I’m treating me this time:)

Like last time, 100% Gadget, Blocs Wave/Launchpad sampling and it’s been run through Grand Finale for a little top end shimmer.

Also, if anyone happens to pick up the EP from BandCamp (http://icsleepers.bandcamp.com) I’m donating 100% of the proceeds to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center still. The company I work for also does a 100% match so you best believe I’m taking advantage of that too :)

Alright, enough out of me thanks for your time folks!!

Like it! Kind of indie dance

Great samples and feel

• @mindscaper said:
    I went through a GB phase and here is a dark downtempo thing I did with it as a stand-alone app

I’m not so into drum machine sounds, but I’m sure this is a dope example of the genre...

• I had trouble taming this mix. Probably have too many parts competing for space...

https://choon.co/tracks/9ahmf58689/expanse/

• @mindscaper said:
    I went through a GB phase and here is a dark downtempo thing I did with it as a stand-alone app

Nice! Yeah, that’s dark alright. Interesting rhythm, I really like all the drum/perc sounds especially towards the end where those extra synthetic zappy-type rhythmic sounds drop in. That was my favourite bit.
    I kept thinking some very heavy guitar riffs were going to burst in!
    I have absolutely no experience of GB. Interesting to hear something solely made in it.

• edited October 2018

@TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I had trouble taming this mix. Probably have too many parts competing for space...

EPIC!!! Full of imagery and atmosphere straight away, a lot of tension and drama, and I like the way this builds up to huge proportions. I don’t know what you personally had in mind for the meaning of this piece, but to me, it conjures up some kind of grand military battle scene, must be the rhythm patterns of that huge booming bass drum and the crispy percs. This is like a film score or something! Beautiful choice of complimentary and expressive sounds and melodies. A grand production! I can see why you might have struggled with the mix in places, but to my humble ears I think you’ve done a good enough job at keeping control over it. Very impressive work! 😃👍

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    I had trouble taming this mix. Probably have too many parts competing for space...

The Mix sounded fine to me, and for the most part the track isn't too busy (only towards the end do more elements come in).

I love the atmospheric percussion elements, they're pretty cool: the big drums, the tambourine, the sticks, and they go well with the synths and give the track a cinematic feel.

My main crit is that the track is too long, I think all the various movements could be condensed without losing anything. The final section is the best part, and it takes too long to get there IMO. I think when the violin theme in the last part is supported by the backing music the track is really strong, and while I appreciate how the track is structured to build up to that I think the build-up could be a lot shorter. I also think the track should end with the violin and not the drum (although I get that the drum is bookended at the start and finish deliberately)

The themes and melodies are good, and I like the semi-classical feel.

• Got back from a business trip in Europe and found that jet lag actually puts me in a really strange state of mind for a couple days (in addition to being tired). One of the things I did after returning was call my latest track "done" - as much as a track ever is, right?

For this one, I really, really wish I could write lyrics and sing. Or know someone that could. Hey - if any of you are interested in seeing what can be done, send me a message :D

This one is all on my PC, no iOS (shhhh). I found some absolutely banging drum sounds and then it went from there. Once I had a snippet, I decided that I wanted to try something new - which seems to be my thing every time - and see if I could create a "radio edit" that was pretty tight and short, rather than my usual 4+ min thing I have going on. I feel pretty damned good about this one. Plus it turned out to be sort of retro electro rock. What? One of these days I'll need to pick a style and stick with it. Or not! It's just fun to follow the music rather than beat it into a theme or very specific genre.

https://callforsubmission.bandcamp.com/track/duality

• @vitocorleone123 Good job: the track is varied and dynamic and the changes ensure it's never boring. Some nice melodies, and a pretty strong main riff. Well done for keeping it short and focused as well, it's always much better that way IMO. I like the build-up at the end, before the final drop - it gives the track a nice emotional lift. It's an enjoyable instrumental.

• @ph8aerror wow love it ! Almost forgot to comment ! Mix is clean, song is cool, really impressed !

@trackedout love the production, very "Red Hot Chili Pepper" flavor to me. Production, guitar, bass, voice, all sounds perfect to me !

@bedheadproducer absolutely stunning skill of guitar here. Perfect production...

@FunkMachine cool theme, super cool bass line, nice production, great track !

@Spidericemidas omg, again a good track, original and perfectly produced...

@mindscaper wow wow wow, so cool !!!!! Love the production like crazy, please finish this track ! :)

@barabajagal great ambient tortured track, less accessible with the theme but production is all good here...

@vitocorleone123 a bit more classical, I like all the instrument except the drums that sounds a bit too classical with the all thing, but it's nicely done.

@jolico nice old school trancy track ! Love the acid bass !

Wow, this october month was particularly good !!!

• @barabajagal said:

Cool... very minimal....

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Got back from a business trip in Europe and found that jet lag actually puts me in a really strange state of mind for a couple days (in addition to being tired). One of the things I did after returning was call my latest track "done" - as much as a track ever is, right?

For this one, I really, really wish I could write lyrics and sing. Or know someone that could. Hey - if any of you are interested in seeing what can be done, send me a message :D

This one is all on my PC, no iOS (shhhh). I found some absolutely banging drum sounds and then it went from there. Once I had a snippet, I decided that I wanted to try something new - which seems to be my thing every time - and see if I could create a "radio edit" that was pretty tight and short, rather than my usual 4+ min thing I have going on. I feel pretty damned good about this one. Plus it turned out to be sort of retro electro rock. What? One of these days I'll need to pick a style and stick with it. Or not! It's just fun to follow the music rather than beat it into a theme or very specific genre.

Got me dancing around the Mrs Handbag.... Needs vocals tho, to add the cream. ;)

• @jolico said:

“The KLF...... Is The House!”..... Yes matey... maybe needs some vocal shouts thru the mix?.... Otherwise, tops... ;)

• @ph8aerror said:
    Here's my go at it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

I absolutely loved that!! If I could do something half as good I’d be a very happy man. In awe and v jealous. Brilliant!

• @trackedout said:

Love your style and the mixes/arrangements keep getting stronger and stronger. Really good this one. It’s got that loose feel but it’s v well put together. Top stuff, and love the guitar break!

• @FunkMachine said:

Hey, everyone. Here is my submission this month for song creation (should it be called a piece instead of a song since it doesn’t have lyrics?) Anyway, as I state in the caption of the “piece”, this is a reworked version of my second original that I initially made in GarageBand but have now redone in Korg Gadget and mixed in Auria Pro. As you’ll notice, I’ve found that I’ve enjoyed using older sounds for my music (like the Korg DDD-1 and Roland drum samples along with the iM1 and many things alike). This is a fairly upbeat piece that I hope you’ll enjoy and leave your comments and/or constructive criticisms on.

I really like the 80s feel a lot, you’ve got a good grip of it. Firstly it really needs a vocal. Really. It’s a good tune but it will shine with a voice. Secondly I feel the 80s made a lot more use of reverb, for instance a gated reverb sound on the snare would work really well in this tune. Also adding more reverb on the keys and pads, just going much ‘bigger’ would bring this track right up. It’s good and there is a ton of potential there. Really good, well done!

• @bedheadproducer said:
    I do so much electronic based stuff I thought I'd dig up something I did on a nylon string. I wrote this when I was around 32 and had a GF named Lochelle, the year of 9/11

Lovely tune and welcome. In awe of your musicianship, brilliant! Great stuff, well done, looking forward to hearing the electronic stuff too

• @Spidericemidas said:

My Gadget effort for October. Now catching up with everyone else’s submissions for this month! 🙂🙏

That’s a beauty! The guitar is really lovely. Would’ve loved a little more in the bass area maybe, but a tiny thing and wouldn’t take anything away from what’s a brilliant tune. Love it, well done!

• @mindscaper said:

https://youtu.be/

Really could’ve done with more of that! Love that trippy beat that keeps you guessing. The audio quality wasn’t great so I don’t think enough of the bass came through. Great little tune though, well done

• @barabajagal said:

Loved it, glitchy and bass heavy, great textures. Brilliant!

• @vitocorleone123 said:
    Got back from a business trip in Europe and found that jet lag actually puts me in a really strange state of mind for a couple days (in addition to being tired). One of the things I did after returning was call my latest track "done" - as much as a track ever is, right?

Like it, the heavy kick works well, and you’ve got a few lovely synth sounds in there. Builds really well and the end refrain is beautiful. Great stuff

• @jolico said:

Nice techno/industrial vibe, loved the arps and particularly that percussive noise early on. Lower end got a bit muddy at points, but I don’t know if that’s more the on-line file compression more than your mix. Great tune though!

• @crouchie said:

@bedheadproducer said:

Lovely tune and welcome. In awe of your musicianship, brilliant! Great stuff, well done, looking forward to hearing the electronic stuff too

@crouchie said:

@bedheadproducer said:

@crouchie said:

@Spidericemidas said:

That’s a beauty! The guitar is really lovely. Would’ve loved a little more in the bass area maybe, but a tiny thing and wouldn’t take anything away from what’s a brilliant tune. Love it, well done!

• @crouchie... thanks for the kind words . I’ve been making original music for a long time and had no desire to do any ocivers but I have built up a significant body of originals that these days I’m very driven to do remakes , with a twist . Like right now I’m working on a dance music version of “bad” by michael Jackson ... I’ll prolly post it tonight or tomorrow . Not in the song of the month club though ... I think I’ll enter an original comosition

• @crony said:
    @Spidericemidas omg, again a good track, original and perfectly produced...

Thanks very much!