Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - October 2018

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine.

Comments

• My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler as usual:

Scanning the waves in the atmosphere
    Frequencies swell but they’re not that clear

There’s a place where we belong
    A space where we can’t come to harm
    I’ve been waiting here too long
    Wishing I was I your arms

Scanning the skies and the hazy air
    Searching for signs that are never there

• Missed last month...got a bit too busy so took me 1.5 months to finish this one. Made with Gadget and fninshed in Auria Pro with Fabfilter plugins.

• @Jmcmillan Could be a soundtrack to a movie. I can see the opening shot: mist drifts up from the forest floor, deer run through a clearing, we cut to some young people swimming in a natural pool on a cold spring morning. One of them is keeping a secret, and can't decide whether to tell the others...

Overall very nicely paced, with lots of harmonic and melodic interest. Might be nice to have a little more tension in there, some less harmonious intervals for an edgier feel now and then, but it's a well composed piece, feels like classic soundtrack work from the 40s.

• Tried something a bit different this month. Different timing pattern and most importantly short... Missed u all last month!

• @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler as usual:

Lovely song Richard... Great mix, & love the Funky Drummer gliding thru the track.... ;)

• @crouchie said:

Tried something a bit different this month. Different timing pattern and most importantly short... Missed u all last month!

Fab production Mr@crouchie..... Enjoyed that one.... Great vocals.... Nicely mixed.. Great stuff... ;)

• @Jmcmillan said:
    Missed last month...got a bit too busy so took me 1.5 months to finish this one. Made with Gadget and fninshed in Auria Pro with Fabfilter plugins.

Have agree what @richardyot said.... Beautifully Done mate... ;)

• @studs1966 said:

@crouchie said:

Tried something a bit different this month. Different timing pattern and most importantly short... Missed u all last month!

Fab production Mr@crouchie..... Enjoyed that one.... Great vocals.... Nicely mixed.. Great stuff... ;)

Thank u!

• @studs1966 said:

@richardyot said:

Lovely song Richard... Great mix, & love the Funky Drummer gliding thru the track.... ;)

AHHHHH yes it is funky drummer lol awesome. Great job @richardyot this months is reminding me of Ulrich Schnauss for some reason, which is pretty neat I dig on him.

• @Jmcmillan said:
    Missed last month...got a bit too busy so took me 1.5 months to finish this one. Made with Gadget and fninshed in Auria Pro with Fabfilter plugins.

Ah, very nice. Gadget can really do no wrong :) are those the kapro strings? So nice such a good sample set, especially worth sale price.

What a great piece, perfect length, great motion. Love it

• @crouchie said:

As always, vocals super on point, as stars everything is mixed so nicely. Your shifted timing is giving me a Thom Yorke vibe which I’m digging!

Straight forward, right to the point but busting at the seams with good production :) awesome

• edited October 2018

Alright, another one off Cellar Door (haven’t actually written anything new last month). This one I think is my favorite track off the EP (last month I posted a well received one, so I’m treating me this time:)

Like last time, 100% Gadget, Blocs Wave/Launchpad sampling and it’s been run through Grand Finale for a little top end shimmer.

Also, if anyone happens to pick up the EP from BandCamp (http://icsleepers.bandcamp.com) I’m donating 100% of the proceeds to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center still. The company I work for also does a 100% match so you best believe I’m taking advantage of that too :)

Alright, enough out of me thanks for your time folks!!

• @icsleepers said:

@crouchie said:

As always, vocals super on point, as stars everything is mixed so nicely. Your shifted timing is giving me a Thom Yorke vibe which I’m digging!

Straight forward, right to the point but busting at the seams with good production :) awesome

Thank u, I think the TY comparison is too flattering, but made my day nevertheless 😬

• edited October 2018

Autumn
    I was visited by nostalgic memories of Korg EMX, which was sold when I switched completely to ios
    In this regard, I decided to remember my old jam and I invite you to listen to it

Korg Electribe EMX + one of the earliest versions of the Patterning app

maybe a little tight sometimes :*

• @richardyot @studs1966 @icsleepers
    Thanks for the feedback and compliments!
    Yes those the Kapro strings. Gadgets used: Helsinki Kiev Phoenix Recife Wolfsburg 2x Glasgow Kapro Strings panned L and R and one more Glasgow with Kapro Epic Choir. iPad Air 2 used.

• @icsleepers said:
    Alright, another one off Cellar Door (haven’t actually written anything new last month). This one I think is my favorite track off the EP (last month I posted a well received one, so I’m treating me this time:)

Like last time, 100% Gadget, Blocs Wave/Launchpad sampling and it’s been run through Grand Finale for a little top end shimmer.

Also, if anyone happens to pick up the EP from BandCamp (http://icsleepers.bandcamp.com) I’m donating 100% of the proceeds to the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center still. The company I work for also does a 100% match so you best believe I’m taking advantage of that too :)

Yet another superb track.... Love this one mate.... <3

• @studs1966 said:

Awesome, I always know I’m in for a groovin funky treat with you Darren, and you didn’t disappoint this time around either. These bass lines get me every time. When the flute came in I started smiling haha. Foot tappin goodness!

• @icsleepers said:

@studs1966 said:

Awesome, I always know I’m in for a groovin funky treat with you Darren, and you didn’t disappoint this time around either. These bass lines get me every time. When the flute came in I started smiling haha. Foot tappin goodness!

Thanks Matt... Very much appreciated bro.... ;)

• @richardyot said:

Hello mate,
    Very nice, I like the "phone" effect you put on your voice for the verses. It's all very atmospheric & "spacey". You do a great job of getting in and out of there in 2.40!! Kudos for that mate.
    I like your lyric angle...you'll hear that I have something a bit similar on my entry this month...great minds and all that!!🤣
    I enjoyed my listens mate! 😁

• @crouchie said:

Hey dude,
    I like this a lot as I like all your stuff! Great choice on the timing pattern, it's always fun to change things up a bit. Great lyrics, I especially like how the vocal builds to an almost shout at the very end.
    The vocal sits nicely in the mix to my ears.
    Congrats on 2.42!!! Although it is 2 seconds longer than Richards, so only a silver medal for u I'm afraid! 😁

• @LostBoy85 said:

@crouchie said:

Hey dude,
    I like this a lot as I like all your stuff! Great choice on the timing pattern, it's always fun to change things up a bit. Great lyrics, I especially like how the vocal builds to an almost shout at the very end.
    The vocal sits nicely in the mix to my ears.
    Congrats on 2.42!!! Although it is 2 seconds longer than Richards, so only a silver medal for u I'm afraid! 😁

Thank u, very kind. 2 mins 40 is the new rambling 20-minute ambient epic I reckon

• edited October 2018

@Jmcmillan said:

Well first of all, u picked a perfect title for this piece, or created a great piece around this title. It's gentle and really beautiful. Great work.

In way of critique I noticed that some of the ends of the longer string notes end quite abruptly. You may have intended this, but it just sounds a little less natural to my ears. If it were my piece I'd let the strings have a longer reverb tail.

Small nit in an otherwise lovely bit of work. :)

• @icsleepers said:

Nice piece of work dude. I love those harmonies. The mix is tight. No nits, great job.
    Good luck with the ep mate.😁

• @moff said:
    Autumn
    I was visited by nostalgic memories of Korg EMX, which was sold when I switched completely to ios
    In this regard, I decided to remember my old jam and I invite you to listen to it

@moff said:
    Autumn

Full disclosure, not my usual cup of tea, BUT, music is music and I can appreciate the effort that goes into something like this and the ability to do it all live. Nice work buddy! Kudos to you.😁

• @crouchie that's a really good vocal performance, probably the best one I've heard you do, really well sung. And kudos for whacking that vocal level up so high, and for slapping some reverb on there too :)

It's quite intense track, especially towards the end where the backing vocals build up beautifully behind the main vocal (which itself is rising in intensity). It's art electronica of the highest order, great job.

• @moff said:
    Autumn

Good job :) not really my bag either, but my love for the 'tribes is non ending. Worst decision I ever made was selling my EM1 and EA1. They were just so, so, so much fun.

Having used that platform extensively for awhile, I too can appreciate what you've done here. The mix sounds quite good!

• @icsleepers Cool intro, gets things going nicely. The track is pretty chilled at the start and builds up as the elements layer on top of each other. The soft keys that play behind the vocal sample are great with their little counter-melody. The breathy sounds in the background are a really nice subtle touch. The breaks with the keys and the bass are also really nice, it's a well-structured track and the production sounds great.

• @richardyot Thanks so much man :) I appreciate it. Really hope I start something new up soon it's been awhile...