Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence | MIDI Workstation.........ON SALE........$3.99..........(ENDED 27/9/18)

Comments

• @SevenSystems said:
    @jigglypuff not explicitly, but by carefully combining multiple operators with different timings, you can basically achieve any kind of evolving parameters.

@everyone: Just a heads up, sale has ended. It just attracted too many one-star reviews.

wtf ... 1 star reviews ... some people should either not be allowed to own phones, or not allowed to write :|

• @SevenSystems said:

@everyone: Just a heads up, sale has ended. It just attracted too many one-star reviews.

Ah man, that f**kin sucks! Sorry to hear that. :(

I'll update my 5 star review at the weekend and again when the new update drops.

• I like the app. And Mitch from audiodabbler helps a lot with his masterclass.
    One thing is an open point to me:
    How do I change the key signature from one Part to the next?

• @SevenSystems said:
    @jigglypuff not explicitly, but by carefully combining multiple operators with different timings, you can basically achieve any kind of evolving parameters.

WTF!

How in any Hell is this a one star app?

• Can’t see any one star reviews up there yet, but given it five stars anyhoo :p

• @SevenSystems said:

How could someone give an app like this a 1 star review after such a short amount of time? I barely have had time to even launch it since I bought it, let alone use it enough to review. I'm sorry that happened, but I am happy that I bought it and look forward to digging in more. Just from the demo project, I can see the this is such a cool way to work with gadget- I don't know if I'll use the gadget sequencer again.

• Glowing 5 star review submitted to Canadian store.

• edited September 2018

1 star is heresy on Xequence. Call the inquisition! Ah sorry, wrong forum, been playing Space Hulk lately XD

• @Iso said:
    Xequence Overview | TheAudioDabbler First Look:

Good overview. But Jesus Christ what a terrible way to make music. IMO :)

• @Redo1 said:

@Iso said:

Terrible in what way ? I’m genuinely curious. Haven’t had time to watch the full video.

• edited September 2018

@SevenSystems said:

glad I picked it up last night just before I went to bed - haven't opened it yet, but I'll try to write up a 4-5* review in the coming days. (if it's as good as y'all say it is - and I'm sure it will be)

• edited September 2018

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Redo1 said:

@Iso said:

Terrible in what way ? I’m genuinely curious. Haven’t had time to watch the full video.

So much tapping on a flat screen, setting up, menus, draaaawing in notes, copy and pasting, etc.

• @SevenSystems said:

I added a 5 star review. It's a great app, and STILL reasonably priced IMHO.

• @SevenSystems said:

@SevenSystems
    I’ve just given a 5 Star review in the German AppStore. The average rate for Xequence is still 5 Stars here in Germany... 👍

• edited September 2018

@SevenSystems said:
    Just a heads up, sale has ended. It just attracted too many one-star reviews.

That makes no sense why they’d give this one-star. I’ve seen some guy on the facebook group threaten one star reviews for some other app because of some silly bug that I think has nothing to do with the app. Some people!!! I haven’t had enough time to review it but so far my brief testing I’m already at 4star at the minimum and most likely 5 unless I come across something awful that I don’t expect.

• I imagine the one-star people are the ones who expect it to make sounds on its own.

That’s a reminder to go back and update my five-star review, which I have done. Xequence is still at 4.5 stars in the US store, and I don’t see any one star reviews in those displayed.

• I posted a 5star review as well on the Indian App Store.

• @wim said:
    I imagine the one-star people are the ones who expect it to make sounds on its own.

That’s a reminder to go back and update my five-star review, which I have done. Xequence is still at 4.5 stars in the US store, and I don’t see any one star reviews in those displayed.

You mean people who actually don't know how to read?

• @Norbert said:

@wim said:
    I imagine the one-star people are the ones who expect it to make sounds on its own.

You mean people who actually don't know how to read?

Yes. Those. Actually they probably can read. Thinking is the problem.

• @Norbert @wim @SpookyZoo @Fruitbat1919 @gusgranite @Halftone @jigglypuff @chandroji @DMan @gonekrazy3000 thank you all so much for your support, this forum and its people never fail to impress me! Appreciate it very much.

@wim, yes, that has been a problem in the past, and it's also why I was quite afraid of offering a sale in the first place. It will shift the whole target audience towards the, errr, "lower class app users" (fart apps), which brings the risk of people having no clue what they're buying. Hence also the note about "NOT PRODUCING ANY SOUND!!!!!111" in the app description :)

Others appearently felt "betrayed" by the sale because the app contains IAPs (it's funny, because my policy has always been the biggest amount of total openness in every possible regard, which is also reflected in an app store description that uses every single allowed character, with EVERY feature that is not available in the base version clearly marked by "(In-App Purchase)"). Even the screenshots, where there's even the slightest suspicion something in them might be related to an IAP, have a large "In-App Purchase" Badge in them.

It's a bit like you walk into a BMW dealership, they give you the base model of the newest 3 series for half the price, and then 2 days later you come back, smash all the windows and scream at the sales staff "I JUST FOUND THAT BOOKLET WITH ALL THE EXTRAS AND SATNAVS AND STEREOS!!! THEY WEREN'T INCLUDED IN THE SALE!!! FRAUDSTERS!!!". Really strange.

But thanks to the laws of mathematics, the overall review isn't affected that much, and I've also had Apple delete a few reviews (yes, I'm the "Talk to the teacher" guy! :)).

So again, thanks for all the support, and interesting study in errr, herd psychology :D

• @Satie said:
    I like the app. And Mitch from audiodabbler helps a lot with his masterclass.

It's possible with a little workaround, outlined here in the FAQ:

http://seven.systems/xequence/manual/#faq

"How can I use different scales / keys for an instrument in different parts of the song?"

• @SevenSystems said:

@Satie said:
    I like the app. And Mitch from audiodabbler helps a lot with his masterclass.

It's possible with a little workaround, outlined here in the FAQ:

http://seven.systems/xequence/manual/#faq

"How can I use different scales / keys for an instrument in different parts of the song?"

Got it.
    Thanks!

• @AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Norbert @wim @SpookyZoo @Fruitbat1919 @gusgranite @Halftone @jigglypuff @chandroji @DMan @gonekrazy3000 @jigglypuff not explicitly, but by carefully combining multiple operators with different timings, you can basically achieve any kind of evolving parameters.

wtf ... 1 star reviews ... some people should either not be allowed to own phones, or not allowed to write :|

@SevenSystem Although I don't agree I understand this one stars reviews totally. The problem to avoid this is 2 fold.
    1. Make a good and understandable instruction video that explains howto setup Xequence to how to setup/ connect an iOS synth. Audiodabbler explains the first part in his video but leaves out the 2nd part. And use a popular (free) iOS synth, so everybody can repeat the steps. Simply said a Xequence manual for Dummies :)
    2. The super positive reviews leave out that Xequence is not the easiest midi app to get into. When an app gets a reduction this it picked up by the many sale spotting sites count with this a load of positive remarks in the Appstore and it draws the attention of an enormous group of people that might be interested falling for reduction + all the super positive response. Not aware that the app is difficult and you have the scenario for an enourmous backlash of negativity. The only advise I can give the five star raters from this forum. Don't forget also to stress that this app needs effort and is not people that are after an easy midi app.

• edited September 2018

@mannix said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

@Norbert @wim @SpookyZoo @Fruitbat1919 @gusgranite @Halftone @jigglypuff @chandroji @DMan @gonekrazy3000 @jigglypuff not explicitly, but by carefully combining multiple operators with different timings, you can basically achieve any kind of evolving parameters.

@SevenSystem Although I don't agree I understand this one stars reviews totally. The problem to avoid this is 2 fold.
    1. Make a good and understandable instruction video that explains howto setup Xequence to how to setup/ connect an iOS synth.

A good instructional video is always a good idea! 😊

1. The super positive reviews leave out that Xequence is not the easiest midi app to get into.

Xequence, Quantum, Modstep, Genome, Senode...
    Is there any powerful Sequencer which is easy to use out of the box?
    Ableton Live? 😎

But I understand what you mean...

• @mannix said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@SevenSystems said:

@SevenSystem Although I don't agree I understand this one stars reviews totally.

I don’t understand these one star reviews at all!
    One star means this app is absolutely bad! Nothing works, the app crashes every two minutes and so on.

People who rate an app like xequence with just one star are just angry, frustrated and no objective at all.

The problem with any ratings is IMHO that people who are unhappy tend to rate fast and extremely negative. And people who are happy just forget to give a good rating or writing a nice review.

Honestly, I also forgot to rate xequence, but this thread reminds me to do it. It will be a good idea, when we purchase a nice app , to go back to the AppStore for a review or just for giving some stars to support the developers good work. 😊

• I found Xequence easy to learn the basics with just a quick learning curve
    Easier than most midi sequencers for me.
    The PDF manual explains how to get started well I think.
    But everyone is different and that’s the beauty of life

• If it wasn't intuitive enough already, I do find the manual/guide easy to follow for various setup scenarios :smiley:

• Thanks again @everyone for taking the time to rate the app. There are no nag screens inside Xequence begging users to rate, because I don't like distractions of any kind inside an app, much less an artistic app. So, much appreciated!

I'll try to issue the final beta today and then do some extra shifts to get 1.9 out early next week.

• edited September 2018

@SevenSystems said:
    Thanks again @everyone for taking the time to rate the app. There are no nag screens inside Xequence begging users to rate, because I don't like distractions of any kind inside an app, much less an artistic app. So, much appreciated!

I'll try to issue the final beta today and then do some extra shifts to get 1.9 out early next week.

Is 1.9 the multi-track recording update?

Thought I saw a mini video of the multi-track recording somewhere.. can’t seem to find it now...

Ready to record my ‘sessions’..

Looking forward to it..

Edit.. found it...

• @RajahP yes, that's the one.