Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence | MIDI Workstation.........ON SALE........$3.99..........(ENDED 27/9/18)

On sale for a limited time, not sure for how long.............

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/xequence-midi-workstation/id1279011478?mt=8

Comments

• It's a bargain for how powerful it is :wink:

• I just got it last week and have been using it non stop! Deff pick it to for the sale price, I paid full price and it's well worth it! Maybe the iap stuff is on sale tho!

• @senhorlampada said:
    It's a bargain for how powerful it is :wink:

Absolute bargain at this price, from a great dev who is often here on the forum...........

• @reasOne said:
    I just got it last week and have been using it non stop! Deff pick it to for the sale price, I paid full price and it's well worth it! Maybe the iap stuff is on sale tho!

Just bought it in the sale, looks to be a very powerful app. Any tips?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Iso said:

@reasOne said:
    I just got it last week and have been using it non stop! Deff pick it to for the sale price, I paid full price and it's well worth it! Maybe the iap stuff is on sale tho!

Definitely spring for the drum maps IAP.

• @Dawdles said:
    Any cool sequencer tricks in this? Quantum type stuff? Heard people rate it. Looks kinda like a daw (minus hosting etc), or is it good for experimental stuff too?

I would say it's a damn solid linear sequencer. Like the one in Nanostudio
    The midi editing cabilities are user friendly and get you rolling quickly.

For some generative experimentation, there is an IAP (Polyhymnia).
    But overall experimentation, I use this IAP, and send midi from Nodebeat, Quantum, Fuguemachine, Oscilab, Xynthesizr, etc. and record into Xequence (generally with midi-thru to BS-16i, Sunvox, Sampletank or Gadget), and later send the midi to Cubasis for mixing and polishing.

• @wim said:

@Iso said:

@reasOne said:

Definitely spring for the drum maps IAP.

Done!

• Xequence Overview | TheAudioDabbler First Look:

• great app one of favourites, loving watching it progress. Bought all the iaps as the come out.

New users make sure to read the PDF quick start manual. It’s a little confusing at first but once it clicks it’s all gravy baby.

The onscreen keyboard is the best

• A small question, does it export midi?

• edited September 2018

@Dawdles said:
    Any cool sequencer tricks in this? Quantum type stuff? Heard people rate it. Looks kinda like a daw (minus hosting etc), or is it good for experimental stuff too?

For me main feature is rock solid midi timing. I don’t believe it does anything else different midi wise.

• Yes it exports midi and has files support, it’s great for using with Audiobus and AU synths, just waiting for multitrack midi recording which is hopefully coming soon.

• @GrimLucky said:
    Yes it exports midi and has files support, it’s great for using with Audiobus and AU synths, just waiting for multitrack midi recording which is hopefully coming soon.

Thanks

• @GrimLucky said:
    Yes it exports midi and has files support, it’s great for using with Audiobus and AU synths, just waiting for multitrack midi recording which is hopefully coming soon.

Wait. You mean this isn't present yet ??

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@GrimLucky said:

Not yet but the dev has said it’s coming in an update in this thread:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/21277/xequence-midi-sequencer/p36

This will complete my ideal workflow with AB3 when it drops

• This app is rock solid and hyperlogical. I think a lot of other iOS apps come with guard rails or bowling-lane bumpers to get you happily started — Xequence does not. But once you get into it, it is really powerful and elegant and understated. This coming from a guy who really resisted it.

AND IT'S UNIVERSAL!
    At this price, you're almost losing money if you don't buy it. (And are the IAP on sale as well?)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@GrimLucky said:

Just to be clear: of course Xequence can import multitrack MIDI files and you can have multiple tracks. This is about LIVE recording from MULTIPLE MIDI sources onto SEPARATE tracks, which is coming in the next update, due this or next week at the latest.

Here's a sneak peak, btw:

• Two things: Woah! That’s fantastic, and will it work with Xynthesizr?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Two things: Woah! That’s fantastic, and will it work with Xynthesizr?

If Xynthesizr can output to separate MIDI channels, then definitely, yes.

• Are the iapp’s also on sale @SevenSystems ?
    I would love to try PolyHymnia... 😎

• @Iso said:

@reasOne said:

Read thru the thread that was posted a week or so ago here, lots of good info and def read the manual.... Message me if you want any help as the dev had given me a lot of tips, I'm on Instagram as reasonemusic I can message faster

• @chandroji said:
    Are the iapp’s also on sale @SevenSystems ?

IAPs are not on sale, sorry... there still has to be SOMETHING that generates some revenue! :'(

• edited September 2018

@SevenSystems said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@GrimLucky said:

Just to be clear: of course Xequence can import multitrack MIDI files and you can have multiple tracks. This is about LIVE recording from MULTIPLE MIDI sources onto SEPARATE tracks, which is coming in the next update, due this or next week at the latest.

Here's a sneak peak, btw:

This look awesome can’t wait, thanks for all the work that’s gone into this app.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    This app is rock solid and hyperlogical.

Maybe I should rename it "Logic" then and see what happens! :D

• @SevenSystems said:

@chandroji said:

IAPs are not on sale, sorry... there still has to be SOMETHING that generates some revenue! :'(

No problem!
    I will be happy to support your good work! 👍😊

• edited September 2018

@reasOne said:

@Iso said:

@reasOne said:

Read thru the thread that was posted a week or so ago here, lots of good info and def read the manual.... Message me if you want any help as the dev had given me a lot of tips, I'm on Instagram as reasonemusic I can message faster

That's great! Thank You. :) Hope your Gestrument Pro pre-order gets sorted.............

• edited September 2018

@SevenSystems said:

@chandroji said:

Out of curiosity how many $ are all the iap released so far together ? I might just buy them all since they interest me quite a bit. Just wanted to know the full amount so far before I commit. Can't seem to see the iap without purchasing currently :(

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@SevenSystems said:

@chandroji said:

Out of curiosity how many $ are all the iap released so far together ? I might just buy them all since they interest me quite a bit. Just wanted to know the full amount so far before I commit. Can't seem to see the iap without purchasing currently :(

The App Store app should list them, including prices in your local currency, when you tap on "In-App Purchases: Yes", but yes, some are missing there. An Apple conundrum.

Unlimited tracks: $9.99
    Polyhymnia: $2.99
    Drum Maps: $2.99
    Up to 12 controllers: $1.99

• edited September 2018

@SevenSystems said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@SevenSystems said:

@chandroji said:

The App Store app should list them, including prices in your local currency, when you tap on "In-App Purchases: Yes", but yes, some are missing there. An Apple conundrum.

Unlimited tracks: $9.99
    Polyhymnia: $2.99
    Drum Maps: $2.99
    Up to 12 controllers: $1.99

Unless you buy it. Before buying it doesn't list any at all from what I've seen. It used to before iOS 10 but it seems to have gone away now. Ok. So if I understood correctly all of it is roughly 22$ ? That's not bad at all :D