Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred - Are you still using it ?

Comments

• edited July 2018

@fprintf said:

@Lady_App_titude said:

So far, this is the only track I’ve managed to release that uses GeoShred. (GeoShred comes in abt 2:40). Took me about two weeks of practice to get to this level with it.

Geo comes in at 3:20, just fyi. Nice.

Thx. No, that’s just where it starts to get funky and cuts loose. But GeoShred comes in about 2:40, with the little trill riffs, and continues, including the Freedom Jazz Dance riff.

• I love GeoShred too, evening though I also play guitar. I have used it on tracks on several Doug Woods and Colin Powell albums, included our latest:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27340/lionelli-powell-woods-presenting-miss-lily-pepper-new-album-coming-soon

• Still using it!? I only bought it yesterday in the sale and I must say it is a bit of a marvel. Had a half an hour play when I should have been otherwise engaged and would describe the sounds as quite "physical". Have only heard people use the less distinctive sounds in tracks up until now but it does have a good range of textures once you venture past the the first few presets.

Reminds me a little of Cantor. I used to love that app and don't really know what happened to it. No idea yet whether GeoShred has the same microtonal scales though. It seems to lock the pitch a little, probably to keep the player in tune.

Great stuff. No regrets here.

• @Jocphone said:
    Still using it!? I only bought it yesterday in the sale and I must say it is a bit of a marvel. Had a half an hour play when I should have been otherwise engaged and would describe the sounds as quite "physical". Have only heard people use the less distinctive sounds in tracks up until now but it does have a good range of textures once you venture past the the first few presets.

Reminds me a little of Cantor. I used to love that app and don't really know what happened to it. No idea yet whether GeoShred has the same microtonal scales though. It seems to lock the pitch a little, probably to keep the player in tune.

Geoshred can do most (single octave) microtonal stuff that you would want. I believe that you can adjust the snap-to-note speed. I usually leave that at the default, and adjust the scale tuning instead.

• Thanks @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr
    I will route around a bit. Clearly more to this app than first meets the eye.

• I also just got it. Been wanting it for like a year, but was pretty satisfied with ThumbJam.
    I didn’t want to miss out on the sale this time around.
    This is the best instrument for ‘playing’ , I think.
    I haven’t even looked at the Settings/options. I keep getting caught up in the presets and jamming.
    This surely is not a toy. Seems really deep, but I am still stuck playing the surface.
    I have some vids to watch now. Thanks all.
    $15 well spent. B)

• @Jocphone said:
    Still using it!? I only bought it yesterday in the sale and I must say it is a bit of a marvel. Had a half an hour play when I should have been otherwise engaged and would describe the sounds as quite "physical". Have only heard people use the less distinctive sounds in tracks up until now but it does have a good range of textures once you venture past the the first few presets.

My theory--and I could be wrong--is that the name of the app attracts more shredders who showcase the more metal side of the presets. If the same app was rebranded as acoustitouch or something more folks would purchase and then would highlight the physical modeling aspects.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

My theory--and I could be wrong--is that the name of the app attracts more shredders who showcase the more metal side of the presets. If the same app was rebranded as acoustitouch or something more folks would purchase and then would highlight the physical modeling aspects.

The Youtube videos do all lean towards guitar emulations, but this app is capable of so much more. Here the video I made last August after I had just gotten it, which explores some of the synthier side of Geoshred:

• It leans heavier on the lead sounds from what I can figure out, I want something as dope as geo shred that can do chords and rhythms

• @reasOne said:
    It leans heavier on the lead sounds from what I can figure out, I want something as dope as geo shred that can do chords and rhythms

Try controlling Geoshred with one of the strumming apps. I've heard people get nice rhythm and fingerpicking parts with it.

• Which strumming app???

• I’d really recommend ChordUp app for strumming on the iPhone! Also on iPad but for iPad I also enjoy Guitarism.

• Hmmm didn't know those existed ! I'll peep that out

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@reasOne said:
    It leans heavier on the lead sounds from what I can figure out, I want something as dope as geo shred that can do chords and rhythms

Try controlling Geoshred with one of the strumming apps. I've heard people get nice rhythm and fingerpicking parts with it.

After reading the posts on this thread and exploring GeoShred For a few weeks I decided to try Jam Meastro which has a similar interface but has strum. Found the sounds are more guitar like and the interface was not as complicated. I decided to invest the time in learning that interface as I got more pleasing results. If Geoshred adds strum then I might go back. Both are vey usable apps.

• @mjcouche said:
    How is it different from JamMaestro?

Similar but different capabilities in each app. It really depend on your objectives as to which one you prefer. I find JM easier to get nice results in a few hours.

• @reasOne said:

Maybe not as "dope" as Geoshred, but Gestrument Pro is along those lines, isn't it?

• GeoShred Play is a Free Download April 4-17 2020

Hey everybody, Jordan Rudess here as we unite around the globe to fight this pandemic together it's more important than ever to social distance and stay home. The team with GeoShred wants to play our part in keeping your spirits lifted and your creativity flowing, through this time of uncertainty. From now through April 17th (2020) GeoShred play will be available for download free of charge.

We have certainly found solace and healing through the power of music and we hope it can do the same for you. Be well and safe everybody and have a great time shredding.

Jordan Rudess will give provide GeoShred Play tutoring on Facebook Live at the following days and time:

https://www.facebook.com/jordanrudessofficial/

Sunday April 5
    12PM NY • 9:30PM India • 5PM London • 9AM CA

Tuesday April 7

Friday April 10

• Generous thank you

• I use geoshred to control other things- it’s fun to play my behringer model d with it using a puc+ attached to the model d as a bluetooth midi receiver from ipad. A stuck note once in a while but i think I have to turn mpe off. At some point I’ll try it on a gig when gigs are again a thing.

• It seems to be free ... now..

• Bought the pro a while ago , and it’s nice, but it doesn’t render well inside NS2 (practically unusable), which sucks big time because NS2 is my main DAW. I do employ it on rare instances when I work in GarageBand.

• I bought Geoshred control because I was really interested in the Linnstrument as a concept and wanted to know how I'd get on with that layout. Resounding yes, not that I can afford one 🙁.. Then I thought heck so bought the upgrade to full.
    The core sound, physical modelling stuff is very good. Not keen on the fx rack but I get why that's a selling point for a lot of people. The playing surface is of course very good. But anyone else? Aesthetically it just hurts my eyes. Not to sound too mean but this thing is just plain ugly. There's various elements within the UX which seem to not have any sort of cohesion. Layers which don't follow any unified style guide. I know it's a music app and doesn't have to be art but having to look at it is just a downer. I'd probably use it a lot more if I didn't feel so negative about the presentation.
    There's plenty of good in Geoshred, it definitely plays like a real instrument. Maybe I should get over myself and rise above my aversion to the interface. I just know I'd use it a lot more if the overall design was as enjoyable as the sounds it makes.

• Its Geoshred "Play" a stripped down version but still very nice from them, thank´s!

• What exactly are the advantages of the pro version vs play which I just got and must say its kinda awsome :)

• @NemanzgbKaj said:
    What exactly are the advantages of the pro version vs play which I just got and must say its kinda awsome :)

From the app desciption in :App Store

It's a great way to get started with GeoShred, AND it can be upgraded to ALL of the powerful GeoShred Pro features like preset editing, AUv3 plugin support, MIDI/MPE and setlist editing.

So I guess, preset editing, AUv3 plugin support and MIDI/MPE and setlist editing

• I just got Geoshred play for free and even though you have to pay for IAP to get AUv3 and pro upgrade, you still have IAA and Audiobus 3 compatibility. I’m loving it. It sounds great. Record into a looper, brilliant.

• @god said:
    Bought the pro a while ago , and it’s nice, but it doesn’t render well inside NS2 (practically unusable), which sucks big time because NS2 is my main DAW. I do employ it on rare instances when I work in GarageBand.

We have reported the issues to NS2 (incorrect window sizes sent to the Auv3 plugin). No response from the developer. There were similar issues in Cubasis 3 and we had a wonderful engineering exchange to help Cubasis 3 address the issues. Really great collaboration.

NS2 developer are you listening!

• @NemanzgbKaj said:
    What exactly are the advantages of the pro version vs play which I just got and must say its kinda awsome :)

We have a flyer for the family of products at http://www.moforte.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/GeoShred-3.0-one-sheet.pdf Look at page 2 there is a comparison.  Basically Pro is everything.  Play is a preset player, no MIDI, no AUv3 plugin.  Control is a MIDI/MPE controller, no built in engine. 

• @moForte said:

@god said:
    Bought the pro a while ago , and it’s nice, but it doesn’t render well inside NS2 (practically unusable), which sucks big time because NS2 is my main DAW. I do employ it on rare instances when I work in GarageBand.

We have reported the issues to NS2 (incorrect window sizes sent to the Auv3 plugin). No response from the developer. There were similar issues in Cubasis 3 and we had a wonderful engineering exchange to help Cubasis 3 address the issues. Really great collaboration.

NS2 developer are you listening!

Thank you. BTW I know, I've read your tweet reply! 🐼

• @moForte said:

@NemanzgbKaj said:

We have a flyer for the family of products at http://www.moforte.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/GeoShred-3.0-one-sheet.pdf Look at page 2 there is a comparison.  Basically Pro is everything.  Play is a preset player, no MIDI, no AUv3 plugin.  Control is a MIDI/MPE controller, no built in engine. 

Wow thank you, playing it is a joy and I guess Pro is what I need! Is the price of pro discounted during the this promo period?