Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GeoShred - Are you still using it ?

Hi all 🙂

GeoShred is on sale and I'd like to know if this app is still of any interest or if it's only a "toy" that ends in a lost folder after a few minutes...

Comments

• I love it... Just made this with it.

• It’s not a toy. It’s one of the best instruments on ios

• Go for it, definitely a “keeper”!

• and you can use it as midi controller with other synths

• I dismissed it as a toy for a long time due to the look ... then I bought it ... it's far from a toy.

With all the MPE enabled synths coming out it's even more essential.

• will try it tonight with Quanta MPE

• @reasOne said:
    I love it... Just made this with it.

Really nice little track there!

+1 GeoShred ain’t no toy!

• Geoshred is awesome, best instrument on iOS IMO.

• How is it different from JamMaestro?

• GeoShred is the bomb!

I use it on 2ndary iPad and control it with handheld bluetooth midi controller MINIM from LIVID.

Use it for detailed sounds from harsh to exotic.

The new Indian and Far East shit is splendid.

Nevermind the complexity for midi and amazing Fx pack.

Jordan has top 3 all time music app with this.

• @mjcouche said:
    How is it different from JamMaestro?

Not comparable.

Geoshred is an "Instrument" for real.

I always have a device dedicated to that for performance or studio.

• @richardyot said:
    Geoshred is awesome, best instrument on iOS IMO.

This

• @wigglelights said:

@reasOne said:
    I love it... Just made this with it.

Really nice little track there!

+1 GeoShred ain’t no toy!

Yooo! Thank you man 🌷!

• Ok... I've just bought it and... you're all RIGHT !!! This instrument is a real killer app ! I don't know why I've waited so long before buying it ; it's a master piece of art !
    Thx.

• @Gratouilli said:
    Ok... I've just bought it and... you're all RIGHT !!! This instrument is a real killer app ! I don't know why I've waited so long before buying it ; it's a master piece of art !
    Thx.

Enjoy! It has depths that aren’t apparent from an initial look see.

Check out the MoForte YouTube channel for their application notes series to get tips and tricks.

• I actually just got geoshred play yesterday. Not a toy and probably the only real instrument on iPad. It's the first music app I've used that really takes advantage of the iPad to make a playable musical experience that is innovative and not just recreation of existing hardware

• Yes this one is phenomenal

• edited July 2018

To me, GeoShred was the instrument that sealed the deal as to whether or not the iPad is a serious musical instrument.

However, like any serious musical instrument, it does require practice in order to get beyond just making quick, flashy noises. But it’s easier than learning to play lead guitar, for instance. And if you come into it with a guitar background, that helps level the slope of the learning curve.

I do admit that I don’t lay on it as much as I probably should. Of course, I don’t keep up on guitar as much as I would like anymore either! :# I’m trying to decide between using real lead guitar or GeoShred for the solo on the track on which I am currently working.

So far, this is the only track I’ve managed to release that uses GeoShred. (GeoShred comes in abt 2:40). Took me about two weeks of practice to get to this level with it.

• @rms13 said:
    I actually just got geoshred play yesterday. Not a toy and probably the only real instrument on iPad. It's the first music app I've used that really takes advantage of the iPad to make a playable musical experience that is innovative and not just recreation of existing hardware

I think GarageBand probably qualifies as a pretty awesome instrument, although not quite as wonderful as Geoshred.

• edited July 2018

GeoShred is modeled and a beast! However, it’s presets should be sorted by name.

Physical modeling in GeoShred -

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Expressive Vibrato and Amplitude:

Carried with the Wind -

• @Gratouilli said:
    Hi all 🙂

GeoShred is on sale and I'd like to know if this app is still of any interest or if it's only a "toy" that ends in a lost folder after a few minutes...

What price does it usually go for?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Gratouilli said:
    Hi all 🙂

30 bucks

• @MobileMusic said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Gratouilli said:
    Hi all 🙂

30 bucks

Or 27,99€

• One of my favourite apps, a proper instrument in its own right, but excellent controller for other apps too.

• So I’m interested in how geoshred can control other synths, is midi out implemented well? Has anyone had issues with using geoshred as a midi controller?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    So I’m interested in how geoshred can control other synths, is midi out implemented well? Has anyone had issues with using geoshred as a midi controller?

It's one of the best midi implementations on ios, right up there with Thumbjam. I have used it to control Moog Model 15 via MPE.

• edited July 2018

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    So I’m interested in how geoshred can control other synths, is midi out implemented well? Has anyone had issues with using geoshred as a midi controller?

It's one of the best midi implementations on ios, right up there with Thumbjam. I have used it to control Moog Model 15 via MPE.

I’m getting lust for geoshred, got no money 💰 but never stopped me before.... just bought it.

• @reasOne that is a really nice piece.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

So far, this is the only track I’ve managed to release that uses GeoShred. (GeoShred comes in abt 2:40). Took me about two weeks of practice to get to this level with it.

Geo comes in at 3:20, just fyi. Nice.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@[Deleted User] said:

I’m getting lust for geoshred, got no money 💰 but never stopped me before.... just bought it.

You'll want to watch all the tutorial videos. It's a very deep app and there are many options.