Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studiomux no sound on iOS 12 beta : resolved!

2»

Comments

• @CracklePot said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@CracklePot said:
    Have you tried something besides Zeeon? I did my test run-through with Italizer AU, and it was all good for iPad sound. You know that Zeeon is a beast, maybe Studiomux can’t hang for some reason.
    Also try without connecting to your Desktop, if you haven’t already. Get sound from your iPad first, all on its own with just Studiomux and preferably a lighter synth.
    Once you know that works, go on to the Ableton problem. For that, make sure you have all the latest Studiomux plugin versions, and the latest Studiomux server, too.

That was my initial thinking 🤔 , start with a sound in studiomux... that’s the issue, I can’t get a bleeding sound from studiomux so I’m sure it’s a ios12 bug now.

I tried loads of apps now. No audio from the iPad that is the issue here I’m sure.

Dude, you failed to mention you are on an iOS beta. :D
    I would bet that has something to do with the problem.

Maybe some other adventurous peeps could verify if Studiomux works for them or not on iOS 12?
    Anybody?
    C’mon. Help a brother out! B)

@iso

😇 let’s wait until midimux come back to me. Thanks guys✌️

• edited July 2018

I think we can call that case closed for now! :) I quite enjoy a bit of app sleuthing occasionally............. seeing so many people posting problems with Studiomux here, was the reason why i became an active member on the Forum.......seeing as i use it everyday, it seemed churlish to not try and help. I have only managed to solve one case so far though! .....although I'm putting this one down as a win as well............... :)
    I thought this was going to turn into a two pipe case! (Sherlock Holmes !)
    Case closed ? ;)

• @Iso said:
    I think we can call that case closed for now! :) I quite enjoy a bit of app sleuthing occasionally............. seeing so many people posting problems with Studiomux here, was the reason why i became an active member on the Forum.......seeing as i use it everyday, it seemed churlish to not try and help. I have only managed to solve one case so far though! .....although I'm putting this one down as a win as well............... :)
    Case closed? ;)

To be continued...

• edited July 2018

hehe !

• @Iso said:
    Case closed ? ;)

Two pipes? You know I’m in! B)

• @CracklePot said:

@Iso said:
    Case closed ? ;)

hehe! The Ballad of BoB Dobbs for your edification! ( He would be well at home music making on IOS! :) )

• @Iso said:

@CracklePot said:

@Iso said:
    Case closed ? ;)

hehe! The Ballad of BoB Dobbs for your edification! ( He would be well at home music making on IOS! :) )

Church of the Subgenius? Man, you are too cool! B)

• @CracklePot
    You CP are the coolest dude around these parts! :)
    Here's some more BoB as a Thank You for all your great input here on this lil ol' forum of ours <3

• edited July 2018

@[Deleted User]
    Trev, Did you change the original header? Or did it mention IOS 12 Beta right from the start. If so, apologies for not reading it properly......my head is/was totally boiled by this heat, so difficult to think straight.......... :)

• edited July 2018

DONT PANIC..........Here's more BoB!

• @Iso said:
    @[Deleted User]
    Trev, Did you change the original header? Or did it mention IOS 12 Beta right from the start. If so, apologies for not reading it properly......my head is/was totally boiled by this heat, so difficult to think straight.......... :)

Hey Iso, yes I changes the header as I didn't want to confuse future members. Seems I am messing with you again! Sorry dude

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Iso said:
    @[Deleted User]

Hey Iso, yes I changes the header as I didn't want to confuse future members. Seems I am messing with you again! Sorry dude

iOS 12 ver 2 was released today, will install and test later, the plot thickens sherlock 🕵️‍♀️

• edited July 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@Iso said:
    @[Deleted User]

No worries :) I thought for a minute there, that i had completely misread your original header, & asked you for a load of spurious info to help solve your Studiomux sound issues, for no apparent reason! Good to know that i am not losing my grip on reality! I'm still pretty certain, that using IOS 12 Beta is your problem............Studiomux is working flawlessly here on ios 11.4 with my ageing Air 2.............

• edited July 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

iOS 12 ver 2 was released today, will install and test later, the plot thickens sherlock 🕵️‍♀️

Yes, great very helpful, thanks! :)

• @Iso said:
    @[Deleted User] said:

nope, no change with update. Looks like I either wait for midimux to update software or I need to revert back to iOS 11.4.
    First issue with ios 12 so far.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Iso said:
    @[Deleted User] said:

nope, no change with update. Looks like I either wait for midimux to update software or I need to revert back to iOS 11.4.
    First issue with ios 12 so far.

I'm not really surprised..........thanks for the update............... :)

• Unfortunately the people at midimux have not returned my emails, this happened before with a previous issue, in that case I manage to solve it via you guys.

I will update you if I get a reply. Maybe they are on vacation currently. Cheers.

• Thanks for testing this for us, and for (hopefully) alerting Zerodebug of possible ios 12 problems. Hopefully it will be sorted in due course. When is ios 12 released? September? October?
    Will probably hold off updating this time, until i hear that Studiomux is still working, or that a fix has been released..........

• @Iso said:
    Thanks for testing this for us, and for (hopefully) alerting Zerodebug of possible ios 12 problems. Hopefully it will be sorted in due course. When is ios 12 released? September? October?
    Will probably hold off updating this time, until i hear that Studiomux is still working, or that a fix has been released..........

probably September, this is the only app i have come across with ios 12 issue, maybe it is down to the use of servers as you mentioned before. Not looking good I might have to go back to 11.4 :-(

• So the guys at studiomux still couldn’t be arsed to contact me and for the second time the issue has been resolved without them.

This time it looks like Apple 🍏 of all things have made the fix! I send Apple a report via the iOS 12 beta flow. A new update to iOS was released today and studiomux now has sound again!