Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Studiomux no sound on iOS 12 beta : resolved!

I can’t get a sound out of studiomux, it makes a high pitch squeak when I start it up.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• You are probably going to need to supply a little more info. ;)

• edited July 2018

Will attempt to help, but need more information. Ios OS?, PC or Mac? + OS? Experienced Studiomux user or novice? Which iTunes version? iPad or iphone? Which model? USB hub or direct connection? Latest Studiomux server?
    Apologies for needing so much info, but Studiomux is devilishly difficult to troubleshoot over the net...........

• Well I guess the first question is when I open studiomux and add a AU or IAA to a channel I cannot get a sound out of studiomux, I haven’t got it linked to anything.

Can it produce a sound with out linking to a PC? I thought it could?

iPad Pro 2017

• edited July 2018

What are you trying to do with it ? Or should i say, what are you trying to achieve musically by using it? Maybe there is another app that is better suited. As far as i am aware, an app hosted in Studiomux will not sound, unless connected to a desktop system. Maybe if you try to describe what you are trying to do, it would be a better place to start! :)
    I'm not sure that Studiomux is the right tool for the job............

• edited July 2018

Well I was trying to get a sound out of it first but maybe like you said it doesn’t make a sound without a PC. I wanted to start my trouble shooting there. I very frustrated with it. I got it working a few weeks ago and now I come back to it and I’m completely lost.

• edited July 2018

What did you get working?

• Maybe your confusing it with another app. Studiomux is for streaming audio from an ios device to a desktop DAW & vica versa...........

• edited July 2018

Yes I know, Im trying to use zeeon in ableton live using the studiomux gen vst. Ableton does not recognize the apps I add into studiomux

• You need to plug a lightening-USB cable into you PC. Also when you do this, if your Desktop is a PC, make sure that iTunes is recognising your ios device, if it is then you should be good to go...........

• @Iso said:
    You need to plug a lightening-USB cable into you PC. Also when you do this, if your Desktop is a PC, make sure that iTunes is recognising your ios device, if it is then you should be good to go...........

Yes ableton recognizes studiomux and the 8 channels. Just not the apps.

• Is your ios device being recognised in iTunes? If it isn't then Ableton will not see any apps loaded into Studiomux on your iPad........

• @Iso said:
    Is your ios device being recognised in iTunes? If it isn't then Ableton will not see any apps loaded into Studiomux on your iPad........

Yes iTunes recognizes iPad and also ableton does as ableton see my iPad and the 8 channels in the studiomux generator vst as I mentioned. It does not recognize the apps.
    Are you sure studiomux make no noise itself?

• Yes, you will hear audio from your iPad once it's working on your desktop.

• Try re-booting your iPad......

• @Iso said:
    Yes, you will hear audio from your iPad once it's working on your desktop.

Ok, I understand now on that front.

• @Iso said:
    Try re-booting your iPad......

.....and your PC..........that usually sorts it out for me, if everything else is connected correctly.......

• @Iso said:

@Iso said:
    Try re-booting your iPad......

.....and your PC..........that usually sorts it out for me, if everything else is connected correctly.......

So I rebooted and ableton does recognize studiomux. But not the apps. Just shows my iPad name and 8 channels. Usually the channels would have the name of the apps.

• I gave you some wrong information earlier (apologies)............Apps do make sound without being hooked up to a Desktop. I just tried Animoog in Studiomux with nothing connected, and it made sound through the iPad as normal. Maybe your problem is at the ipad end. Try a different synth (Animoog if you have it), and then let me know if it is sounding.......(remember to turn the volume up on the iPad )

• edited July 2018

@Iso said:
    I gave you some wrong information earlier (apologies)............Apps do make sound without being hooked up to a Desktop. I just tried Animoog in Studiomux with nothing connected, and it made sound through the iPad as normal. Maybe your problem is at the ipad end. Try a different synth (Animoog if you have it), and then let me know if it is sounding.......(remember to turn the volume up on the iPad )

No worries and I’m sorry I’m been a bit short, I’m uber frustrated here in the heat, I see the apps on the midi side in ableton but it’s the audio side that’s not working, I believe it’s from the iPad end now. No audio from the iPad. Must be a bug I will email midimux. And here is a video for you to check the process.

Actually i can't send video unfortunately via the forum.

• I don't think it's a bug. It works perfectly here on Air 2 win 10/Ableton. ........but it can be a real pain when you first try to get it working. I have set it up on four different Windows systems, and each time it drove me mad, but once i got it working, it's worked without problems. Getting it set up initially can be really frustrating. The only way is just to persevere with it until it works.
    Have you tried deleting studiomux & re-installing it?

Feeling like a boiled frog here on the South coast of the U.K, so have nothing but sympathy for your predicament if it's the same there! :)

• Is the headphone icon blue in the top toolbar? Also, in the mixer, the lower headphone icon should be blue as well for the track you have your synth loaded on.

• @Iso said:
    I don't think it's a bug. It works perfectly here on Air 2 win 10/Ableton. ........but it can be a real pain when you first try to get it working. I have set it up on four different Windows systems, and each time it drove me mad, but once i got it working, it's worked without problems. Getting it set up initially can be really frustrating. The only way is just to persevere with it until it works.
    Have you tried deleting studiomux & re-installing it?

Feeling like a boiled frog here on the South coast of the U.K, so have nothing but sympathy for your predicament if it's the same there! :)

Haha! I tried restarting no luck. I will wait for midimux. I am using ios12 so I’m pretty sure that is the issue.

• I have just remembered that the old IAA ghost app issue can cause Studiomux to behave weirdly. Make sure that there arn't any apps hanging around from previous sessions. A soft re-set of your iPad will clear any unwanted apps that may be lurking in the background. I use Midi Wrench (which is free i think) to see if any apps are hanging about, it displays available midi ports, so you will see if there are apps running that shouldn't be, because their midi ports will be displayed.........

• @Iso said:
    I gave you some wrong information earlier (apologies)............Apps do make sound without being hooked up to a Desktop. I just tried Animoog in Studiomux with nothing connected, and it made sound through the iPad as normal. Maybe your problem is at the ipad end. Try a different synth (Animoog if you have it), and then let me know if it is sounding.......(remember to turn the volume up on the iPad )

@CracklePot said:
    Is the headphone icon blue in the top toolbar? Also, in the mixer, the lower headphone icon should be blue as well for the track you have your synth loaded on.

Hey Crackpot! Yep I check that. 😥

• IOS 12 ..............Now he tells us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s :) B)

• @Iso said:
    IOS 12 ..............Now he tells us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s :) B)

😇 well I wanted to try everything first... no issues with any others apps I have hihi

• Have you tried something besides Zeeon? I did my test run-through with Italizer AU, and it was all good for iPad sound. You know that Zeeon is a beast, maybe Studiomux can’t hang for some reason.
    Also try without connecting to your Desktop, if you haven’t already. Get sound from your iPad first, all on its own with just Studiomux and preferably a lighter synth.
    Once you know that works, go on to the Ableton problem. For that, make sure you have all the latest Studiomux plugin versions, and the latest Studiomux server, too.

• @CracklePot said:
    Have you tried something besides Zeeon? I did my test run-through with Italizer AU, and it was all good for iPad sound. You know that Zeeon is a beast, maybe Studiomux can’t hang for some reason.
    Also try without connecting to your Desktop, if you haven’t already. Get sound from your iPad first, all on its own with just Studiomux and preferably a lighter synth.
    Once you know that works, go on to the Ableton problem. For that, make sure you have all the latest Studiomux plugin versions, and the latest Studiomux server, too.

That was my initial thinking 🤔 , start with a sound in studiomux... that’s the issue, I can’t get a bleeding sound from studiomux so I’m sure it’s a ios12 bug now.

I tried loads of apps now. No audio from the iPad that is the issue here I’m sure.

• edited July 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@CracklePot said:
    Have you tried something besides Zeeon? I did my test run-through with Italizer AU, and it was all good for iPad sound. You know that Zeeon is a beast, maybe Studiomux can’t hang for some reason.

That was my initial thinking 🤔 , start with a sound in studiomux... that’s the issue, I can’t get a bleeding sound from studiomux so I’m sure it’s a ios12 bug now.

I tried loads of apps now. No audio from the iPad that is the issue here I’m sure.

Dude, you failed to mention you are on an iOS beta. :D
    I would bet that has something to do with the problem.

Maybe some other adventurous peeps could verify if Studiomux works for them or not on iOS 12?
    Anybody?
    C’mon. Help a brother out! B)

• Zerodebug released new servers for Mac & PC, for ios 11, & updated the app last December. The update completely broke it on Win 10, and it took over a week for various updates to fix it, so i reckon it will probably have to be updated again for IOS 12 when that is OFFICIALLY (!!!!!!!!!!!) released.
    Still being boiled here. Been nice chatting with you :) ............keep us posted about studiomux & possible bugs in IOS 12.......i use Studiomux everyday so it would be very useful information over here............cheers...........