Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Akai 12bit RX950 classic AD/DA Converter AUv3 plugin

Comments

• @Max23 said:
    hm, this is only half the sound of the old sampler
    its just sample, filter, playback
    whats missing is quirky transpose

For that we’d need a full AUv3 sampler with different interpolation options.
    Personally I prefer a ’no interpolation’ option for aliased tansposition, especially when transposing down 2-4 octaves as it gives a nice granular feel and when trnasposing up the aliasing can turn most sounds to nice percussion effects :D

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know there’s been some back and forth about iOS not necessarily being less expensive if you go for Logic or get a screaming deal on Komplete or something and then stop buying new toys. But if we’re talking unbundled plugins? Wow, we are spoiled rotten. Quantum, Bram Bos, BeepStreet, FAC, SugarBytes, Virsyn, Audio Damage, Kymatica, Klevgrand, ApeSoft, Blamsoft, DDMF, Imaginando, etc. etc.

And now this little beauty. For 3 bucks!!! I have just been running it on every drum channel out of DrumPerfect Pro (there’s another one) and tweaking each channel with it as s little test. I will definitely be getting use out of this!

What a steal. Enjoy! :smiley:

• @oldschoolwillie said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Here’s a pretty informative video on what it can do. I watched this when the plugin came out months ago. Glad to see it land on iOS

I saw this on the MG the Future video too.........IOS we catching up
    Maybe i can sell my Akai s950 now lol!

You watch “MG the Future”...... too!....... He does some great tutorials..... Great YouTube channel....

• edited July 2018

Nice effect but it doesn’t sound 100% like a s950. When the filter is fully open it ads a sort of resonance to the sound. It sounds brighter than the source file... On a s950 it sounds the same at max sample rate, no added brightness or resonance.

I’m amazed that nobody compared this plugin to the real thing..
    So, I’ll do some testing at the end of next week with my s950 :smile:

Do these iOS AUv3 plugins sound the same as their desktop versions?

• It sounds nice, not sure whether to get this yet even though it's really cheap.
    I feel I can get very close to this with other AU effects I have already. Resample + Filterstation for example. I'd be interested in a comparison to the real hardware though. :)

• Me and my akai S950 - i have to say The RX950 is nearly the same but only the input gain though the filters are still ok

• edited July 2018

Not sure if previous post upload so here goes again me and my akai s950
    The RXS950 input gain is near the same I would like this dev to attempt the EMU SP1200 and get that ringing 12 bit sound

• Nice one @stormbeats! Real deal 👊

• edited July 2018

@gusgranite cheers dude yeh i been using this beast of a sampler since the early 90s

• Seems a good place to bring up and oldie but goodie I've been loving lately: Beat-Machine by Primitive Digital Software
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beat-machine/id505825861

Has many features including a fantastic bit reduction algorithm. A few others:

▸ "Groove" algorithm emulates the subtle timing variances in the clocks of vintage beat boxes
    ▸ Groove algorithm also works on MIDI output
    ▸ Classic Swing algorithm
    ▸ Comes with whack patterns like vintage drum machines: make your own since you're the best
    ▸ Comes with whack samples like vintage samplers: import your own since only you know what sounds good (audiocopy, audioshare, iTunes)
    ▸ Made in Flint, MI: the most thuggin' city in America
    ▸ Extra fancy sample player: Each pad has non-destructive trim, reverse, ADSR, resonant filter, sample rate decimator, bit crusher, and interpolation

• Just a little bit of experimentation with it in AUM and 1) full joy with Ruismaker going through it! Sounds fantastic. and 2) strong desire to see a built-in AUM bit reducer (or multiple different types/models of bit reducers). Mostly just for cleanliness. Couple of built in kbobs and done.

• edited July 2018

@syrupcore said:
    Seems a good place to bring up and oldie but goodie I've been loving lately: Beat-Machine by Primitive Digital Software

Has many features including a fantastic bit reduction algorithm. A few others:

▸ "Groove" algorithm emulates the subtle timing variances in the clocks of vintage beat boxes
    ▸ Groove algorithm also works on MIDI output
    ▸ Classic Swing algorithm
    ▸ Comes with whack patterns like vintage drum machines: make your own since you're the best
    ▸ Comes with whack samples like vintage samplers: import your own since only you know what sounds good (audiocopy, audioshare, iTunes)
    ▸ Extra fancy sample player: Each pad has non-destructive trim, reverse, ADSR, resonant filter, sample rate decimator, bit crusher, and interpolation

Cheers for the Beat Machine tip Do you know if you can copy&paste a sample into several pads? And how to delete a pattern - this app looks cool- very impeessed with the bitcrusher
    Also how to start a new pattern
    Thanks again

• @syrupcore said:

:)

• edited July 2018

@stormbeats said:
    Cheers for the Beat Machine tip Do you know if you can copy&paste a sample into several pads? And how to delete a pattern - this app looks cool- very impeessed with the bitcrusher
    Thanks again

Not sure if it's possible to do the first two.

It doesn't have its own internal copy and paste so you'd need to import from AShare repeatedly, I think.

You can add new pattern in the pattern screen by hitting "new". Generally all the pattern reset I need.

• edited July 2018

S950 emulation will give it a try

• Yeah, this is nice. Really like the bandwith knob as opposed to the filter for getting out some of the high end on filter sweeps and the like

• @syrupcore said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks again

It doesn't have its own internal copy and paste so you'd need to import from AShare repeatedly, I think.

You can add new pattern in the pattern screen by hitting "new". Generally all the pattern reset I need.

Ok cheers for info Do you know if notes/samples can be nudged?

• @stormbeats said:

@syrupcore said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks again

Unfortunately not.

• @ksound said:

@stormbeats said:

@syrupcore said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks again

Unfortunately not.

Yeh i just fb messaged the dev about an update with note nudge Looks like they not been active with the app for a while Hopefully will get a reply
    Its a good app A few tweaks but as its free Iam impressed with Beat Machine Sorry to go off topic regards toRXS950

• @stormbeats said:

@ksound said:

@stormbeats said:

@syrupcore said:

@stormbeats said:
    Thanks again

Unfortunately not.

Yeh i just fb messaged the dev about an update with note nudge Looks like they not been active with the app for a while Hopefully will get a reply
    Its a good app A few tweaks but as its free Iam impressed with Beat Machine Sorry to go off topic regards toRXS950

I forgot that he dropped the price to free. I think that was him saying bye felicia. There are lots of little things I'd love to see but I think the app is what it's ever going to be. Fair enough!

One cool thing to note that might not be obvious (well, it wasn't to me anyway): in the step edit screen, a step's slider adjusts the volume and the up/down arrows adjust the pitch. I'd thought the arrows were just a 'fine tune' for volume.

+1 sorry for the hijack.

• edited July 2018

@syrupcore said:
    Seems a good place to bring up and oldie but goodie I've been loving lately: Beat-Machine by Primitive Digital Software

That one really had a charm! Gonna fire it up again today :wink:

And regarding the RX950, I though I would be ok with Fly-Dirt and all the other apps I have. But this is the real deal.
    Purchasing it today :blush:

• @senhorlampada said:

@syrupcore said:

That one really had a charm! Gonna fire it up again today :wink:

I agree I never knew about this till this week if only it had wav. export and swing per pad
    It has such a good sound to it Iam working out if i can seperate the pads via midi into Auria so the pads can have their own channels for mixing

• This thing is awesome.
    Put it on your drum buss and turn both bandwidth & filter to max.

• I was just admiring how much I love this yesterday. I finally realized how you can use the filter to isolate bass and mid range

• Input up a notch. Filter down to 60. Brilliance dialled down. Bingo.

• edited May 2020

@jolico said:
    This thing is awesome.
    Put it on your drum buss and turn both bandwidth & filter to max.

Unfortunately the app has a constant digital artifact which is independant from bandwidth setting. The original has a fixed bandwidth, but one would expect the grit to change with dial setting.
    Got it for $2, so no complaints. ;)

• New demo:
    (Don't want to open a new thread so I'm reviving this old one)

• R_2R_2
    edited May 2023

Same company just released RX1200 based on the EMU SP1200 for desktop.
    iOS version is planned according to dev.
    https://www.inphonik.com/products/rx1200-12bit-sampler-instrument/