Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Akai 12bit RX950 classic AD/DA Converter AUv3 plugin

New AUv3 app, not sure how good it is but here's an appstore link :)

RX950 classic AD/DA Converter AUv3 plugin

Comments

• reads interesting B)
    you might add the hint (Akai 12bit) in the threads title

• Here’s a pretty informative video on what it can do. I watched this when the plugin came out months ago. Glad to see it land on iOS

• Not what I’m looking for but it sure sounds similar to that old beast from the past.

• Nice! Was already thinking about buying the PC version.

• I've had this on my wish list for a while, £1.99 on iOS tho :)

• @YZJustDatGuy said:
    Here’s a pretty informative video on what it can do. I watched this when the plugin came out months ago. Glad to see it land on iOS

I saw this on the MG the Future video too.........IOS we catching up
    Maybe i can sell my Akai s950 now lol!

• @oldschoolwillie said:

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Here’s a pretty informative video on what it can do. I watched this when the plugin came out months ago. Glad to see it land on iOS

I saw this on the MG the Future video too.........IOS we catching up
    Maybe i can sell my Akai s950 now lol!

Me too haha joking no way The plugin sounds good tho when you turn up the input gain

• Can anyone who’s bought this confirm if the AU parameters are exposed for LFO control?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @skiphunt said:
    Can anyone who’s bought this confirm if the AU parameters are exposed for LFO control?

• @Samu said:

@skiphunt said:
    Can anyone who’s bought this confirm if the AU parameters are exposed for LFO control?

You like it? I usually use Maxima to beef stuff up, but this sounds like it has unique character

• @skiphunt said:

@Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

You like it? I usually use Maxima to beef stuff up, but this sounds like it has unique character

The ’crunch’ it adds is quite nice and it’s way to cheap to pass by :)
    Both the gain and bandwidth knobs add character to the sound.

After a quick play around I do like it!

• @Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

@Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

Cool. Thanks :smile:

• @Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

@Samu said:

@skiphunt said:

Got it. Have to give thumbs up too. Especially for the price.

Obviously sounds great for drums, but also cool character added to Droneo and a few Kauldron synth presets I tried.

Nice to slowly LFO automate the filter parameter in apeMatrix. :)

• iOS gem!

• My word, just had a play with this in bm3, which to my shame, hadn't used since I downloaded it, very, very nice and chunky. Especially like the filter as it doesn't go to harsh, find a lot of filters between 12 and 3 on the rotation can sometimes get a bit pokey, this stayed smooth. Like the way the bandwidth control sounds a little like a second filter, going to have some fun with it.

Might get this on desktop too, usually try to buy one platform or the other, love tools that are easy to dial in, keep the flow going. Being a greedy mofo tho, I dream of an emu version with z-plane filters.

• I played around with this and the coming synth drum kick app a bit. They seem to go together wonderfully. Havent tested it more yet, but definitely worth the price

• Wow... it's $20 on desktop and $2 here on iOS, another very hard to resist pickup.

I'm like most of us who will most likely pickup any AU short of a WhoopeeCushion 5000 AU. Even if you're not into the classic Akai sampler based hiphop sound this thing is great for taking anything stereo and turning it into mono, with a bit of grit added. LPF uses too.

MG the Future's excellent video explains the other uses this thing can be used for, but I also like to have tools that I can use on material/sources that it wasn't necessarily intended for. Taking an acoustic guitar track and muddying it up with the RX950 can yield some very raw, percussive stuff. I'm glad this is available.

• Picked it up and it sounds awesome. I'm a fan of thesetype of noise apps and for $2 it helps makes things sound not-so-sterile, which for me is always a factor with soft-synths and soft-drums.

• I concur with everyone so far. Really nice AU to give sounds something different. Makes things sound less vanilla.

• @JRSIV said:
    Wow... it's $20 on desktop and $2 here on iOS, another very hard to resist pickup.

I'm like most of us who will most likely pickup any AU short of a WhoopeeCushion 5000 AU. Even if you're not into the classic Akai sampler based hiphop sound this thing is great for taking anything stereo and turning it into mono, with a bit of grit added. LPF uses too.

MG the Future's excellent video explains the other uses this thing can be used for, but I also like to have tools that I can use on material/sources that it wasn't necessarily intended for. Taking an acoustic guitar track and muddying it up with the RX950 can yield some very raw, percussive stuff. I'm glad this is available.

I would probably buy the whoopee cushion if it were auv3...just sayin..

• Another video of the VST version:

• I was listening to Jon Hopkins’ latest album earlier and thought I could hear sound and effects in the following track that remind me of the sounds possible with this app:

• @Dawdles said:
    Anyone able to compare this to Decimort 2? I normally export clean from iPad and add crunch/crush on desktop. But if this sounds legit for £1.99.....

Decimort2 has more options but this RX950 has nice input gain

• I’d recently seen the desktop version of this and made a mental note to check it out more throughly with a view to buying it as it’s a very reasonable price. I’d also though to myself that an iOS version would be great, my eyes popped when I saw this thread, instant buy for £1.99 !!!

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:
    hm, this is only half the sound of the old sampler
    its just sample, filter, playback
    whats missing is quirky transpose

Maybe but it’s £1.99, how much is a secondhand S950 or even the Eurorack module designed by Mumdance that replicates the S950 filter ?*

*Just checked, it’s £175 here in the U.K.
    https://www.rubadub.co.uk/alm-busy-circuits-mum-m8