Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I have $12 AppStore credit. Any advice for a iPhone 7+ user?

I’m a appaholic and have pretty much everything worth having, I think? Any ideas on something I can spend my credit on? I’m generally into experimental and dubby electronic music. Thanks. Oh yeah. I don’t have the Audio Damage plait reverb. Is really good or would it just be another reverb to sit with the other many I don’t use?

Comments

• The Appstore 10 years anniversary is in a few days. Could be some sales coming up.

• @Nadav thanks. Good idea. What about the Audio Damage plait reverb? Good?

• @Morgman73 said:
    @Nadav thanks. Good idea. What about the Audio Damage plait reverb? Good?

No idea about the reverb but Haq has a video on it, look it up.
    If anything by Audio Damage goes on sale I'm definitely buying.

• Granular Synths are hot this month:

Tardigrain $5
    Samplr $10
    iPulsaret $8
    Borderlands $12

and SpaceCraft Granular $3 which is becoming one of my favorite iPhone Headphone toys.
    It's also becoming a a powerful synth when the next update hits the store, I think.

• If you don’t have apeMatrix yet, get it!!

• @McDtracy @Janosax @iamspoon. Thanks guys but I have all of the said apps. But of course there’s no Borderlands or Samplr for iPhone and correct me if I’m wrong? That would be amazing. I’m trying to get by with my iPhone as my iPad was stolen when I was napping! Damn it. I have a crap load of stuff but again I’m a App junky and I need more! Thanks.

• @Janosax I have AUM and AB3 I love all ape and amazing apps. So I need ape matrix? If so can you tell me why? I’d totally appreciate it.

• @Morgman73 said:
    Thanks guys but I have all of the said apps.

Maybe we should be asking you what to buy. Do you really still have that $12? So much discipline. I'd have definately found something by now.

Do you have:

Galileo Organ 2? $7
    Mid Eastern Drummer? (too expensive)... keep the $12 and save up.
    Sensual Sax? $5
    FingerFiddle? $3 but there are IAPs

What do you give the man that has everything?
    AudioKit Synth One (don't spend too much on a gift 'cause he already has it).

• Do you have AudioShare? It’s one of my favorites and can definitely be used with all styles of music. It’s only $4 so you’ll have a bit left over to get something else too!

• edited July 2018

@Morgman73 said:
    @Janosax I have AUM and AB3 I love all ape and amazing apps. So I need ape matrix? If so can you tell me why? I’d totally appreciate it.

ApeMatrix differs mainly from AUM in its worflow IMO. This will leads you to create in a different way. On iPhone, it's nice to have larger visualisation of what you do with audio routing, and you can mix levels in the matrix so you really understand what you do. I still use AUM a lot, when I don't want to think "matrix". But for audio/midi routing experimentations with various AU/IAA, apeMatrix is huge. Also, there is a powerful onscreen keyboard with scales, and crazy LFO capabliies. This where it becomes really interesting, infinite possibilities with matrices and LFO's. It's even able to use gyro sensors for parameters triggering. Only downside on iPhone (7 plus here too): there is room for navigation workflow improvement. I asked dev for midi patchbay, mixer and keybaord shortcuts/buttons, I hope something is possible here. Also I don't know if you use GarageBand, but it has become pretty stable and reliable with audio units, and is really the only viable DAW on iPhone IMO. GB has midi sync out, apeMatrix has midi sync in. So you will be able to use apeMatrix as a GarageBand IAA input with bpm/transport sync. AUM will need utility app Midi Link Sync to sync midi to Link, with no transport sync. So it's nice to have apeMatrix just for that too.

I've just done this little experiment with apeMatrix on my 7 Plus, absolutely not a full song but it was fun to do and illustrate some possibilities:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27128/glitches-in-the-matrix#latest

• I’m not trying to be a app snob I’m an appaholic. I think ape matrix is it. I appreciate you guy. I really do. If you think of anything else let me know and vice versa.

• @Morgman73 said:
    I’m not trying to be a app snob I’m an appaholic. I think ape matrix is it. I appreciate you guy. I really do. If you think of anything else let me know and vice versa.

:D No problem

• @Janosax Is that right? Are you saying that I can send midi to GB or it’ll sync and I can send to others from there? If so that’s a game changer as I don’t have access to Cubasis or Auria at the moment. Awesome. I have Xynthesizr. I’ve been lazy so I haven’t tried to send to apps from inside GB. Does it work?

• @Janosax dude I just synced up Refraktions and am sending midi to Mersenne! It works! Game changer. Thanks for the nudge.

• @Morgman73 said:
    @Janosax dude I just synced up Refraktions and am sending midi to Mersenne! It works! Game changer. Thanks for the nudge.

You’re welcome, have fun ;)

• @Janosax . I grabbed ApeMatrix. Haven’t messed with it but I’m going to the minute the woman goes to work in a bit. I’ll report back w/ my thoughts. Oh I purchased the plate reverb (AD) and the Shaper bit crusher too. Both real awesome.

• My advice: An appoholic shouldn't spend his 12 Dollar iTunes credit. Re-discover the apps you have!

• @Looping_Loddar Good advice but I pulled the trigger on ApeMatrix and I’m sure glad I did. Killer fast work flow. Thanks.

• @Morgman73 said:
    @Looping_Loddar Good advice but I pulled the trigger on ApeMatrix and I’m sure glad I did. Killer fast work flow. Thanks.

I still use AUM and AB3 some... but apeMatrix has become the first host I reach for. Very efficient on smaller iPhone screens too.

• @Morgman73 said:
    @Looping_Loddar Good advice but I pulled the trigger on ApeMatrix and I’m sure glad I did. Killer fast work flow. Thanks.

Yes workflow and capabilities are huge on ApeM. Glad you like it :)