Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Glitches in the Matrix

edited July 2018 in Creations

Just wanted to share some sound design fun I’ve just had with apeMatrix, RS275 drived by Rozeta Cells, Replicant 2 on piano, Model D bass drived by Bassline, old Figure drum loop processed in AUM then recorded in Blocswave (the drum is pretty accessory). Some Maxima everywhere and DDMF Nolimit on master.

Not always playing sax, I really like to shape sounds that way too! :)

Comments

• Wow... Totally different than anything you've done. I like being surprised.

The other great thing about listening to these SoundCloud pieces is sometimes it plays another Forum Member's work right after from their library of work. It would be nice if there was a SoundCloud "AudioBus Forum" channel.

• edited July 2018

@McDtracy said:
    Wow... Totally different than anything you've done. I like being surprised.

The other great thing about listening to these SoundCloud pieces is sometimes it plays another Forum Member's work right after from their library of work. It would be nice if there was a SoundCloud "AudioBus Forum" channel.

I like to try new stuff all the time, even if I don’t often share those little experimentations. Trying those things is a good way to learn apps and techniques to use them later on more complex and achieved songs. It’s also nice to go out of genres we like, this helps staying creative. Modern music is also all about sound creation. This can be pretty immersive and relaxing to do such stuff. I often start my sax tracks by exploring some textures. If they’re inspiring enough for me, I put the sax strap around my neck :)

• Oh, I like that. Sounds phat

• Love it! Really different from your usual stuff!

• @Janosax said:
    I like to try new stuff all the time, even if I don’t often share those little experimentations. Trying those things is a good way to learn apps and techniques to use them later on more complex and achieved songs. It’s also nice to go out of genres we like, this helps staying creative. Modern music is also all about sound creation. This can be pretty immersive and relaxing to do such stuff. I often start my sax tracks by exploring some textures. If they’re inspiring enough for me, I put the sax strap around my neck :)

As they, the key to great sax is variety. Or was that sex? I forget.

• edited July 2018

Thanks to all comments. I’m now thinking to integrate this kind of stuff on more complex tracks. Rozeta cells is pretty interesting with individual gate settings, and Rozeta pattern follow actions even more. It’s nice to keep a pattern dominant, this gives a kind of theme. Bassline here is made with octave intervals, this helps reinforce basic harmony. Replicant 2 works very well on anything else that drums.

@wim said:

@Janosax said:

As they, the key to great sax is variety. Or was that sex? I forget.

Variety helps with sax growing for sure :)

• edited July 2018

@Janosax what is RS275? And what’s that repetitive glitchy sort of scratching effect you’re getting over the top?

• @skiphunt said:
    @Janosax what is RS275? And what’s that repetitive glitchy sort of scratching effect you’re getting over the top?

This Ravenscroft 275 piano from UVI, and the glitchy effect is made by Audio Damage Replicant 2 AU plug-in on piano.

Jakob Haq has made a great video on that effect:

• @Janosax said:

@skiphunt said:

This Ravenscroft 275 piano from UVI, and the glitchy effect is made by Audio Damage Replicant 2 AU plug-in on piano.

Oh yes! I recently opened back up to Replicant 2, due specifically from Jakob's excellent tutorial on it. I used it before, and basically had it figured out... but didn't completely understand it until after his video.

• @skiphunt said:

@Janosax said:

@skiphunt said:

Oh yes! I recently opened back up to Replicant 2, due specifically from Jakob's excellent tutorial on it. I used it before, and basically had it figured out... but didn't completely understand it until after his video.

I love Audio Damage AU suite :)

• @Janosax said:

@skiphunt said:

@Janosax said:

@skiphunt said:

I love Audio Damage AU suite :)

Yes, me too. I've got them all and droolin' for Quanta coming to iOS this coming week :)