Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What's this about? - Spacecraft Granular

Comments

• @Carnbot said:
    Good news here is that thanks to this post I've managed to point Chris Randall in the direction of Fabian and now Quanta is getting this functionality too :)

@deltaVaudio said:

So, thanks to an awesome guy called Fabian on the JUCE dev team,** I can now load files inside the AU window AND file load/save in general now works WITHOUT iCloud drive enabled**.

One of the many reasons this place is amazing.

• One the one hand I lost 3 hours kip watching 11 blokes try to win a ball kicking contest.

On the other a massive update for this drops ... file management improvement, tempo sync, Link, quantising the pitch XY, other stuff.

Excellent, I’ll take it.

• Yeah, the tempo sync is a brilliant update. Nice work @deltaVaudio 👍

• Awesome update and a really great new app.

• Thanks guys !

I've out this on the website: when the file chooser (white background) is open make sure you don't close the AU window. Either choose a file or tap cancel. This rule applies to single AU instance too.

• edited July 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

A.

MAZING

Bought last night before bed.

Stayed up late LOVING it.

Very Samplr.

I’m hearing God’s name being uttered here. :)

I think what Samplr succeeds at is being rhythmically musical. What I hear in videos I’ve seen so far is ambient soundscapes with some LFOs woven in. Will this rhythmically sync to other entities or is it just evolving around itself?

Edit:

Ah ok, just read more of this thread. So connectivity is lacking a bit. I’ll wait and see how it develops. Not that it wouldn’t be worth it at the price of admission it’s just I’m building my live rig and don’t want to spend time on stuff that won’t integrate with it.

Looks fun though.

• edited July 2018

Since there is now a part 2 thread , how about posting there instead?
    (Just a suggestion :) )

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27097/spacecraft-post-part-2

• @supadom said:

@RUST( i )K said:

A.

MAZING

Very Samplr.

I think what Samplr succeeds at is being rhythmically musical. What I hear in videos I’ve seen so far is ambient soundscapes with some LFOs woven in. Will this rhythmically sync to other entities or is it just evolving around itself?

Edit:

Ah ok, just read more of this thread. So connectivity is lacking a bit. I’ll wait and see how it develops. Not that it wouldn’t be worth it at the price of admission it’s just I’m building my live rig and don’t want to spend time on stuff that won’t integrate with it.

Looks fun though.

Ton of fun and there is a Samplr like quality to this one in the way that it feels like a self contained instrument.

• edited July 2018

@Korakios said:
    Since there is now a part 2 thread , how about posting there instead?
    (Just a suggestion :) )

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27097/spacecraft-post-part-2

Because sequels are shite. ;)

• @supadom said:

@RUST( i )K said:

A.

MAZING

Very Samplr.

Edit:

Looks fun though.

More rhythmic with the sync update. Can’t recommend this any higher - my favourite app so far this year.

• You fire it up the first time and think, wow. Cool stuff. And the more you open it and play around with it the more you understand how deep the rabbit hole is :)

• Ok, bought it to support further development. At the admission price a risk worth taking I suppose.

• Sorry, just had to express my feelings now that I have taken the plunge on this :D
    Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant and can’t wait for the improved AUv3 support (no pressure @deltaVaudio ;) )

• @zeroG glad you like it. Currently working on state saving and presets which is in internal beta at the moment. Also have some other special features up my sleeve and will get midi input going at some point too :)

• Was just going to ask when the next beta was due to hit...

• Likely some time this weekend, although it's not quite at release candidate stage.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @deltaVaudio said:
    @zeroG glad you like it. Currently working on state saving and presets which is in internal beta at the moment. Also have some other special features up my sleeve and will get midi input going at some point too :)

Can't wait to save !!! I have a project I can't close right now cuz it's too perfect and I'll never get it back 😂😂

• edited July 2018

@reasOne that breaks my heart dude. Based on this I think I should do an intermediate release with host based state saving (so you can save presets but only in AUM etc.). Ultimately there will be *.SCpreset files which can be saved on the device, this will allow for common presets between standalone , AU and IAA. That will take a bit longer tho.

I got a seaboard block today, purely for development reasons of course ! ;)

• @>; @deltaVaudio said:

@Carnbot I haven't really spent any time thinking about it but now that you mention it, having a local copy in storage of whatever file has been loaded would be a nice way of state-saving for the source audio. Cheers

I like the fact that currently, audio is directly loaded into RAM without eating up additional disk space. When playing a lot with long samples, they might add up to a considerable amount of duplicate files in the app's local storage which would require an option to delete them (i.e. with a local files browser) without uninstalling the app completely.

• I'd love to hear the audio that loads in the default patch. It seems to compliment the functions of the app so well! Any ideas whet it is or where it can be heard unaffected?

Basically just to get a better understanding of what sounds good and why in this amazing instrument.

• @dare said:
    I'd love to hear the audio that loads in the default patch. It seems to compliment the functions of the app so well! Any ideas whet it is or where it can be heard unaffected?

Basically just to get a better understanding of what sounds good and why in this amazing instrument.

The 2 uneffected samples included are posted on the delta audio website...

• @dare said:
    I'd love to hear the audio that loads in the default patch. It seems to compliment the functions of the app so well! Any ideas whet it is or where it can be heard unaffected?

Yes he posted them on his web site, I think its linked near the beginning of this thread.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @reasOne that breaks my heart dude. Based on this I think I should do an intermediate release with host based state saving (so you can save presets but only in AUM etc.). Ultimately there will be *.SCpreset files which can be saved on the device, this will allow for common presets between standalone , AU and IAA. That will take a bit longer tho.

I got a seaboard block today, purely for development reasons of course ! ;)

Haha yes the roli just for research only 😂😂😂
    And ya man I want to save the state of the synth so bad so I can close it out hahaa

• @echoopera said:
    This whole subject of “in the moment performances” reminds me of something i wrote years ago during a most introspective time in my life.

“As with life all things we are graced with are ephemeral and to demand permanency is a delusion of the mind. Once we realize that we can never step into the same river twice true freedom is realized and the moments of life will be cherished for the opportunities they present to us. Life will flow. Life with be weighted and defined by the effort and attention we place in each measured step we take. This is the calling of the spirit unfolding within. To demand permanence is to allow life to slip between ones fingers. Cherish every breath and connection and do not seek the illusion of permanence for it is the devils greatest lie.”

Wise words.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Dawdles I put them up on me website when it was originally requested :)

https://www.deltavaudio.com/about/

Could I ask, did you worry about the pitch / scale of the samples in the ‘chain’ of the above factory samples?

I’ve been just chaining samples in of the ‘C’ note. But maybe I’m being too conservative here!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 that's definitely a good idea if you want to have more harmonic control. I find that if you chain some different sounding/feeling notes in the same key together you can scrub through them almost like a wave table. I have some sc samples using exactly this approach using synthone actually ! I play some octaves in there and the odd fifth or fourth to spice it up a little.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 that's definitely a good idea if you want to have more harmonic control. I find that if you chain some different sounding/feeling notes in the same key together you can scrub through them almost like a wave table. I have some sc samples using exactly this approach using synthone actually ! I play some octaves in there and the odd fifth or fourth to spice it up a little.

Ok. Thanks. I’ll try that.

So far I’ve just concatenated all my 1 C note sampled Alchemy, Z3ta, Sunrizer etc samples together (which I had anyway for making Vancouver patches in Gadget).

Works pretty well.

But next thing is to try spicing things up a bit, note wise.

• edited August 2018

Here’s where I’m at so far:

https://choon.co/tracks/1t58cdtwtg/300-seconds

Just 3 layers of spacecraft - nothing else.

All three are using quite varied ‘concatenated’ groups of samples put together into sub-120sec wavs.

I recorded the ‘big’ pad one first. Then had this playing in the AUM file player while I jammed over the top with both pink and blue panels on live spacecraft AU.

All on an iPhone6plus (turned to portrait) so you get both the blue and pink SC panels show up in AUM.

Thoughts most appreciated!

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Here’s where I’m at so far:

Just 3 layers of spacecraft - nothing else.

All three are using quite varied ‘concatenated’ groups of samples put together into sub-120sec wavs.

I recorded the ‘big’ pad one first. Then had this playing in the AUM file player while I jammed over the top with both pink and blue panels on live spacecraft AU.

All on an iPhone6plus (turned to portrait) so you get both the blue and pink SC panels show up in AUM.

Thoughts most appreciated!

I like it a lot - nice flow /arrangement. Cool little arpeggio going. Nice work