Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Looks intriguing. Here is the website. Not a whole lot of info on this, but for $3 I may take the plunge.

https://www.deltavaudio.com/

• Just Bought...delicious
    thinking in...Strange Agency, Samplr, Borderlands....
    Noise

• Can't tell from pic or write-up but is there any onboard editing?

• edited June 2018

Juicy juicy juicy for the cost of a grande black arabica. Sweeeeet

It’s alive!!! Sweet Mother.

This will definitely hold me over until Audio Damage releases there beast :)

• @rafaelollero @echoopera
    Can it work with live audio in AB3 or AUM or only mic recordings and imported audio files?
    Thanks

• @rafaelollero @echoopera
    Well, if you two are endorsing it, then I suppose I am in, too. B)

• edited June 2018

@gsm909 said:
    @rafaelollero @echoopera
    Can it work with live audio in AB3 or AUM or only mic recordings and imported audio files?
    Thanks

Imported sounds only at the moment it would seem. Sounds fantastic so far....if you're into the sound of a planet birthing itself into existence from the darkness of space...

FWIW, it does seem like an "in the moment" instrument, as I do not see any way to save your noodling sessions. :) But you can record directly in the device whatever it is your spirit manages to bring back from the other side ;)

• Here are some samples of what this thing will output for you

https://soundcloud.com/policarpo-wood/sets/spacecraft-granular-synth

• Ok, so it’s perfect for droney sounds, Noise and ambient lovers. Your samples sound great. Thanks for uploading @echoopera

• @david_2017 said:
    Ok, so it’s perfect for droney sounds, Noise and ambient lovers. Your samples sound great. Thanks for uploading @echoopera

Thanks for listening...it's a no brainer price for these kind of sounds...I'll keep adding to the playlist over the weekend...

• Sounds. I like sounds. Only $3 for more sounds.!

Imagine this app with some CONTROL. Anybody figure out where the “keyboard” is? Is there some kind of midi interaction? You can put this in an effect slot in AUM or apeM and start recording, then play it (or record it internally). But using it in a mix is going to be limited unless/until you can get some control over it. Sounds. Oh yeah! It makes sounds. Cool sounds! That part I like...

• Really like it!

• @gsm909 said:
    @rafaelollero @echoopera
    Thanks

Holy crap! This thing shows up as an AU Effect! I thought it was only IAA!
    So you can record anything in AB3 or AUM. Got to have it playing to hear anything so far, but I am still poking about.

• edited June 2018

@CracklePot said:

@gsm909 said:
    @rafaelollero @echoopera
    Thanks

So you can record anything in AB3 or AUM. Got to have it playing to hear anything so far, but I am still poking about.

Nice find! That just opened it up for a lot more integration...

• I was listening to Bobby Gentrie's Delta Sweete right before this... :# o:)

• @echoopera said:

@CracklePot said:

@gsm909 said:
    @rafaelollero @echoopera
    Thanks

But..
    Just add as fx au in a drum track (Auria) can’t work in real time..
    yes/no..aww

• Can anyone post a screenshot as an AU? :)

• edited June 2018

@rafaelollero said:

@echoopera said:

@CracklePot said:

@gsm909 said:
    @rafaelollero @echoopera
    Thanks

But..
    yes/no..aww

Yeah, it isn’t perfect, but makes it easy to sample an instrument in AUM. Also noticed that you can only have 1 instance of it as an AUfx...but hey, it’s still something which produces beautiful results.

• @echoopera said:

@rafaelollero said:

@echoopera said:

@CracklePot said:

@gsm909 said:
    @rafaelollero @echoopera
    Thanks

But..
    yes/no..aww

Yeah, it isn’t perfect, but makes it easy to sample an instrument in AUM. Also noticed that you can only have 1 instance of it as an AUfx...but hey, it’s still something which produces beautiful results.

Stupid me..aw
    Is granular, real time was..impossible..think

• Hello everybody,

Aye, Audiobus compatibility is far from perfect ;) I've added some description to the website. If you find ways of getting it to fit in your workflow or if you have any other issues I'd really appreciate the feedback.

https://deltavaudio.com/about/

"I have not advertised compatibility with Audiobus 3 as the file-load feature currently doesn't work when SpaceCraft is viewed within the Audiobus 3 GUI. However, there is limited Audiobus 3 functionality: if you use SpaceCraft as an effect, the mic record feature (tap the Import Sound button) will capture the audio-in."

• @Carnbot said:
    Can anyone post a screenshot as an AU? :)

Here is 2 going at once, fully independent.

@rafaelollero said:

@echoopera said:

@rafaelollero said:

@echoopera said:

@CracklePot said:

@gsm909 said:
    @rafaelollero @echoopera
    Thanks

But..
    yes/no..aww

Stupid me..aw
    Is granular, real time was..impossible..think

You can’t monitor your recording until you stop it. If the app is playing back, you new sample will start playing immediately. If you need to monitor your input while sampling, siphon off the signal using an AUM buss be fore the effect.

• edited June 2018

@deltaVaudio said:
    Hello everybody,

Aye, Audiobus compatibility is far from perfect ;) I've added some description to the website. If you find ways of getting it to fit in your workflow or if you have any other issues I'd really appreciate the feedback.

https://deltavaudio.com/about/

"I have not advertised compatibility with Audiobus 3 as the file-load feature currently doesn't work when SpaceCraft is viewed within the Audiobus 3 GUI. However, there is limited Audiobus 3 functionality: if you use SpaceCraft as an effect, the mic record feature (tap the Import Sound button) will capture the audio-in."

Welcome
    Thanks for feedback
    Please, add a way to save sessions/projects

• @deltaVaudio Welcome to the forum! :)
    Totally loving your app. B)

You should add AU effect and Files support to the AppStore description. Those are key features people will request, but your app already has these features. I was very happy when I discovered this.

• Hey @skiphunt
    I bet you would love this app. B)

• Thank you all for your feedback! It's very much appreciated and will help me to prioritise features.

echoopera, thanks again for sharing the performances, love it.

• @deltaVaudio said:
    Thank you all for your feedback! It's very much appreciated and will help me to prioritise features.

echoopera, thanks again for sharing the performances, love it.

Welcome to the club and thanks again for making this little bit of joy for all of us.

• will this be universal one day?

• @gkillmaster said:
    will this be universal one day?

Today is the day...it’s Universal B)

• edited June 2018

@echoopera said:

@gkillmaster said:
    will this be universal one day?

Today is the day...it’s Universal B)

woah! didn't show up in the app store on my phone! I realize why too. I searched for "SpaceCraft Granular" but its "SpaceCraft: Granular" with the ":" after the name

• Spacecraft Granular is a WINNER