Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your best £($)10 app purchase ?

Comments

• @AndyPlankton said:

@scottsunn said:
    Probably the most dangerous thing out there is what you decide to do when you take some drug called C3p0x4 from the mostly naked tattooed girl you meet at the Sun Ramen camp...

What you decide to do ? or Getting caught doing what you decide to do ? :D

Ha! Well, that tree wasn't going to climb itself... naked.

• @scottsunn said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@scottsunn said:
    Probably the most dangerous thing out there is what you decide to do when you take some drug called C3p0x4 from the mostly naked tattooed girl you meet at the Sun Ramen camp...

What you decide to do ? or Getting caught doing what you decide to do ? :D

Ha! Well, that tree wasn't going to climb itself... naked.

hehehe, and everyone else is like "Don't look up!"

• @robosardine said:
    Perforator!

Have it already

• @u0421793 said:
    A few months worth of iCloud storage?

Don't really use iCloud, just for backup storage really.

• Judging by how often I use them, for me it has to be GrooveRider ($10 at launch) and Genome Midi Sequencer. When it comes to sequencing, arranging and recording from external gear but also sequencing external gear, I'm still using GMS regularly.

• Hmm, never heard of this. This looks interesting, can anyone vouch for this?

• If you do a lot of Midi, and you don’t have it yet, then MIDIFIRE is the most useful thing to buy. Face it, bud. You are full of the other, usual stuff. B)
    But it ain’t that bad, since a bunch of cool stuff is just over the horizon. MidiFire, or save it like @samu suggested.

• @scottsunn said:

Is that the drug that turns you into a golden Android with a British accent? :D

• How about sample packs for BlocsWave or similar?

• AudioShare without a doubt! You probably have it but you weren’t very specific in the post.

• @scottsunn said:

CAN I COME TOO ?

https://mutantfestival.org/

Starts in 1 week, goes 10 days, its totally free (DIY culture to the extreme, ala early days of BurningMan), and totally amazing. I've gone 18 of 22 years now. I will put anyone with the cahones to make it to this thing on our soundsystem, we are camp 'Olytopia' - probably the 3rd largest soundsystem there.

Sounds good. Exactly 34 years ago I was here:

• @MonzoPro that must have been wild, they don't even let people near the henge any more.

• Was Grand Finale in that price range? No faster way to get a decent sounding remastered track.

• @1nsomniak said:
    @MonzoPro that must have been wild, they don't even let people near the henge any more.

It was the most insane thing I’ve ever experienced - about 300,000 trippers, travellers, ravers, angels, freaks....in our own anarchist city, in sight of the stones. Not that I remember much...

• Sry, cud nut resist.

• @CracklePot said:
    If you do a lot of Midi, and you don’t have it yet, then MIDIFIRE is the most useful thing to buy. Face it, bud. You are full of the other, usual stuff. B)
    But it ain’t that bad, since a bunch of cool stuff is just over the horizon. MidiFire, or save it like @samu suggested.

Yeah I have midifire :)

• @illaddin said:

Hmm, never heard of this. This looks interesting, can anyone vouch for this?

I’ve used the base app on both iPhone and iPad, which is great for my needs and I think well worth the investment (time, mainly). You really need to make it a habit, though, to get the most out of this one. I go through phases.

And just to issue a minor warning - the file browser is annoying. It lets you use any song in your iTunes library for testing and practice, but I’ve only been able to navigate and pick songs via a very, very, very long alphabetised list, sorted by song title. I have stuck to the ‘A’s.

• @tomato_juice said:

@illaddin said:

Hmm, never heard of this. This looks interesting, can anyone vouch for this?

I’ve used the base app on both iPhone and iPad, which is great for my needs and I think well worth the investment (time, mainly). You really need to make it a habit, though, to get the most out of this one. I go through phases.

And just to issue a minor warning - the file browser is annoying. It lets you use any song in your iTunes library for testing and practice, but I’ve only been able to navigate and pick songs via a very, very, very long alphabetised list, sorted by song title. I have stuck to the ‘A’s.

Damn...was seriously considering this and Beat Wave as my £10.....+£1 purchase....I don't have tunes in my iTunes on the iPad, I like to keep the space for working instead :(

• Volt Symth right now.

• @gusgranite said:
    Volt Symth right now.

Yes I see that...is it any good ? What type of synth is it ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@gusgranite said:
    Volt Symth right now.

The website has a nice overview and some sounds. http://numericalaudio.com/volt/#overview

It’s all subjective isn’t it? But for me this synth has really good grit on the one hand and some nice ethereal air on the other. I spent an hour last night making pads. Too much fun. Good FX. Loads of features with MPE and keyboard layouts. It’s AU of course. Universal with iCloud preset sharing. And if you’re in to happy accidents then the new randomizer he just added has set a new standard.

• @gusgranite said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@gusgranite said:
    Volt Symth right now.

The website has a nice overview and some sounds. http://numericalaudio.com/volt/#overview

It’s all subjective isn’t it? But for me this synth has really good grit on the one hand and some nice ethereal air on the other. I spent an hour last night making pads. Too much fun. Good FX. Loads of features with MPE and keyboard layouts. It’s AU of course. Universal with iCloud preset sharing. And if you’re in to happy accidents then the new randomizer he just added has set a new standard.

Good grit and happy accidents I like :) I've not got MPE hardware, and don't envision getting any soon, so that side of it wouldn't get used I guess. If I DID decide on a synth...this or Zeeon ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@gusgranite said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@gusgranite said:
    Volt Symth right now.

Good grit and happy accidents I like :) I've not got MPE hardware, and don't envision getting any soon, so that side of it wouldn't get used I guess. If I DID decide on a synth...this or Zeeon ?

I refuse to choose! :wink:

• @gusgranite said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@gusgranite said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@gusgranite said:
    Volt Symth right now.

I refuse to choose! :wink:

Coward !

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Do you have Beat Time?

So, I went for this as it fills a very annoying hole in my workflow, cheers for the heads up on it :)
    Still got £5 credit......

• @AndyPlankton said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Do you have Beat Time?

So, I went for this as it fills a very annoying hole in my workflow, cheers for the heads up on it :)

Spacecraft - most fun app I've bought in yonks, and it's only 3 quid.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Do you have Beat Time?

Aye, cap'n. Glad it's working for you.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Do you have Beat Time?

Tempted after watching the vids for sure.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Do you have Beat Time?

Tempted after watching the vids for sure.

It’s cheap and very nice app :)