Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Your best £($)10 app purchase ?

I have £10 itunes credit, don't know what to get, what is your best £($)10 spend on an app.
I have plenty of drum apps and synths, so unless there is something particularly special in that area I think i am looking for utility apps or FX.

Any recommendations ?

Comments

• Hm. I just first have to check to make sure you have Zeeon.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2018

ElasticFX , Harmony8 ?

• Did you already get apeMatrix?

• @oat_phipps said:
    Hm. I just first have to check to make sure you have Zeeon.

No I don't, have avoided it as it seemed to cross over a lot with what I already have....will keep it on the list for consideration :)

• edited June 2018

@Dawdles said:
    FieldScaper.

Not really into soundscapes much, and very rarely if at all do I do any field recording

ReSlice.

Have it but don't use it.

StepPolyArp.

Have the IAA version, don't really use it, would having Unit make me use it more ? (Over my £10 budget though)

IDensity.

On the list for consideration, after reading Skip's description of using for a loop container in ApeMatrix.

• Do you have Beat Time?

• @Korakios said:
    ElasticFX

Already have most of the FX offered by this, what does having this app offer over using individual AUv3 FX of the same types ?

Harmony8 ?

Hmmm, interesting, Think I may actually send myself insane with this after watching Doug's video :D

• @Zen210507 said:
    Did you already get apeMatrix?

Yup :)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Do you have Beat Time?

Not seen this before, is the pitch detection any good ? I'd probably use it to help with tuning vocal samples

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Zen210507 said:

>

Errrr, if it doesn’t have to be a music app, Noteability is the best note taking app I’ve found.

If it does have to be a music app, then GridMusic and arpBud are both great fun. :)

• Recent mixing troubles suggest this could be a good choice, on the list...thanks :)

• Save it for AudioDamage Quanta.
    Sure it's a 'synth' but it's a hybrid VA and Granular with a mod-matrix ticks all my boxes.

And well DawLP is pretty neat to be honest.

• @Zen210507 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Zen210507 said:

>

Errrr, if it doesn’t have to be a music app, Noteability is the best note taking app I’ve found.

If it does have to be a music app, then GridMusic and arpBud are both great fun. :)

iPad is for Music only.....already have arpBud but not yet tried to use it in anger, been busy with a tune recently, GridMusic looks like it could be a go-er..but in the same territory as arpBud ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Korakios said:
    ElasticFX

Already have most of the FX offered by this, what does having this app offer over using individual AUv3 FX of the same types ?

Because of the big ,clean ,fun to play GUI ;)

• @Samu said:
    Save it for AudioDamage Quanta.
    Sure it's a 'synth' but it's a hybrid VA and Granular with a mod-matrix ticks all my boxes.

And well DawLP is pretty neat to be honest.

Not mad on Granular Synths...never been able to get anything musically usable out of one, perhaps I need to try harder :lol:

DawLP, maybe useful to have in the arsenal, but would probably get limited use.

• @Korakios said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Korakios said:
    ElasticFX

Because of the big ,clean ,fun to play GUI ;)

Hmm, OK, off to find some vids :)

• If you’re concerned about limited use, do you have the DDMF EQ and compressor? I use them in pretty much every project outside of Auria. Kind of a floating AU channel strip. Of course, they’re 10 each...

• @AndyPlankton said:

@oat_phipps said:

No I don't, have avoided it as it seemed to cross over a lot with what I already have....will keep it on the list for consideration :)

Zeeon all the way IMO.

• @tomato_juice said:
    If you’re concerned about limited use, do you have the DDMF EQ and compressor? I use them in pretty much every project outside of Auria. Kind of a floating AU channel strip. Of course, they’re 10 each...

Yes I have those :)

• @richardyot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@oat_phipps said:

Zeeon all the way IMO.

OK, it just moved up one place in the list :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Do you have Beat Time?

Not seen this before, is the pitch detection any good ? I'd probably use it to help with tuning vocal samples

Yes, does the job for me. Was just thinking of your sampling work; BT is a key tool in my sampling work.

Another vote for Zeeon. I don't know why but when I'm in the flow and need a synth, it's the one I grab every time. Later I'll wonder why I didn't use one of the others I have (and I have most of them). It is the fastest/easiest path for me between what I hear in my head and "that's it".

• @Dawdles said:

Ah man, ReSlice is so good! Surprised to hear it doesn’t get any use?

When I tried it I found it very awkward having to load files through the standalone before they were available in the AU. What made this worse was I was on a 16GB device at the time, so preloading lots of samples wasn't really feasable.

IDensity’s a solid purchase. Can be used as a few different kinds of tools.

Yes it looks that way, i never paid it much attention before.

• Here in Australia it’s a bit more expensive...all these mentioned were more like 15-17

• edited June 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

@richardyot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@oat_phipps said:

Zeeon all the way IMO.

Yessss. And don't forget to get the forum's mega patchbank if you go with it. Hours of fun. I just think Zeeon is the best value per dollar on the store outside of your DAW of choice/AUM.

For 'utilities and FX' though, FAC Transient is superb if you work with drums a lot. It's 8 or 9 bucks. All four of the FAC apps are great, but that one specifically popped to mind as a unique tool on iOS.

As far as anything else, my recommendations always start and end with my most trusted developers: Do you have everything by brambos, Klevgrand, Audio Damage, apeSoft, FAC? If not, check out what you're missing and see if they're up your alley. DAW Cassette is another specific recent fav of mine.

• @99476598326 said:
    Here in Australia it’s a bit more expensive...all these mentioned were more like 15-17

For Australians (awkward buggers :D) use A$15 :) exchange rates are a bugger in this international realm that we reside.

• @oat_phipps said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@richardyot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@oat_phipps said:

Zeeon all the way IMO.

Yessss. And don't forget to get the forum's mega patchbank if you go with it. Hours of fun. I just think Zeeon is the best value per dollar on the store outside of your DAW of choice/AUM.

For 'utilities and FX' though, FAC Transient is superb if you work with drums a lot. It's 8 or 9 bucks. All four of the FAC apps are great, but that one specifically popped to mind as a unique tool on iOS.

Yes i have all the FAC apps except Envolver.

As far as anything else, my recommendations always start and end with my most trusted developers: Do you have everything by brambos, Klevgrand, Audio Damage, apeSoft, FAC? If not, check out what you're missing and see if they're up your alley. DAW Cassette is another specific recent fav of mine.

Yes I have
    all Brambos apps,
    Some of Klevgrand, Don't have their synths apart from Tines, have some of the FX Brusfri, Haaze, Korvpressor, Svep.......Esspresso would give me something I don't yet have
    Have most of Audio Damage, but not Phosphor 2 or Axon 2
    Only have ApeMatrix and iVCS3, not got any of the other apps, I did beta test Mood.