Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TON compared to PATTERNING

2»

Comments

• on second thought, a sample slicer in an app like this is almost vital, and would really set it apart from other apps

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Can anyone summarize major differences in TON to PATTERNING?

Patterning does a lot more.

What TON does, that patterning doesn't do, is per step parameter lock. While patterning allows for per step modulation, it's not the same thing. When a parameter (or multiple parameters ) is locked for a step, that step stays locked. If you change that parameter, or any others that you may have locked to that step, the only steps that change are the unlocked ones. Very useful.

If you're accustomed to programming sequences on a left to right step sequencer, TON might be preferable to patterning's circle.

I prefer left to right step style because my early experiences were on hardware sequencers, xox, notron, etc.

How is TON CPU use?

I'm using it on an iPad 4 with no issues.

Have you used more than drum sounds in it?

Yes, constantly. That's where TON becomes interesting.

Any AB remote controls?

I've not tried it in audiobus. I use it in AUM. No midi that I recall. Has ableton link though.

Overall opinion on it?

Fun, quick, easy, unique on iOS because of the parameter locks..

TON needs individual outs for each voice imo.

Sample looping would allow for single cycle waveforms and sound design flexibility.

Shuffle, groove, etc. would be useful.

Still cool as is.

• @frond said:

Sample looping would allow for single cycle waveforms and sound design flexibility.

Still cool as is.

yes please, anyone know what the roadmap is with this one cause it sure looks like some no brainer ideas are out there just waiting to be implemented?

• edited July 2018

@kobamoto said:

@frond said:

Still cool as is.

yes please, anyone know what the roadmap is with this one cause it sure looks like some no brainer ideas are out there just waiting to be implemented?

Unfortunately the dev is busy with his normal job. He has little time for the app currently to my understanding. Peoples interest and motivation can always help a little if it ain't moaning. I hope the dev does find the time as I love the concept of TON.

Not implying you are moaning by the way! :-)

• @db909 said:

@ALB said:

@db909 said:
    What the hell is TON?

It’s a drum machine that allows you to import your own samples. It has parameter locks.

Can’t find it in the App Store , it must be iPad only

It is

• @kobamoto said:
    I'd like to see a sample slicer with transient detection with the option to put slices on pads keeping the pattern of the sample/loop as well as putting the slices on the pads without keeping the pattern.....

this is the kind of thing I've been talking about.. feature implementation like this would put more money in the devs pocket without a doubt... and make this app infinitely more useful imho.

Thank God for Ableton.......LOL

• edited July 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@kobamoto said:

@frond said:

Still cool as is.

Unfortunately the dev is busy with his normal job. He has little time for the app currently to my understanding. Peoples interest and motivation can always help a little if it ain't moaning. I hope the dev does find the time as I love the concept of TON.

no worries friend I am constantly moaning over sampling beat machines :smiley:

• @kobamoto said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@kobamoto said:

@frond said:

Still cool as is.

no worries friend I am constantly moaning over sampling beat machines :smiley:

I have learned a lot from your moaning in that case! :wink:

• @kobamoto said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@kobamoto said:

@frond said:

Still cool as is.

no worries friend I am constantly moaning about sampling beat machines :smiley:

hihi

• right back at'cha Gus :)