PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

Elliott Garage apps are getting updated to AU

123468

Comments

  • edited July 14

    @ElliottGarage
    I just purchased EGLM1 and I'm having an issue with it keeping an even and uninterrupted rhythm.

    Firstly, I'm finding it very difficult make a 1 measure pattern using the "Length Button".

    I tried about 50 times, and I always get an audible gap when the pattern reaches the end and starts again at the beginning. I even used one of the 1 measure patterns that came with it, cleared it, and just entered "stick" 16 times in a row. I got the same gap.

    I then erased the Length making a full 2-measure pattern, and filled the entire pattern with "stick" on every note. Again I can hear an audible gap when the track ends and "loops" back to the beginning.

    I used EGLM1 with the arpeggiator of Lorentz Synthesizer via Ableton link, it linked just fine, but it sounded like that gap in the EGLM1 sequence kept the two apps from syncing perfectly (lots of drift in and out of sync).

    I'm using a 2017 regular iPad that runs every other app I own with no issues.

    Is this a known issue that will be fixed? Or is it just happening to me?

    I had the same results running the app standalone, or as an AU.

    Thanks. :)

    Update.....

    After re-booting my iPad, EGLM1 is now keeping steady timing with 2-measure patterns.

    But I still can't use the Length Button to create a 1-measure pattern as it won't end and start the loop with proper timing.

    Another issue, even though I turned off Ableton link, whenever I open IK's iGrand Piano, the tempo in EGLM1 slows down and the sounds of the drums change.

    i.e. I can have EGLM1 running, open iGrand to play along, and just opening the iGrand app somehow slows the tempo of EGLM1, even though EGLM1 continues to display the same BPM of 100 before and after.

  • Thanks for the feedback @horsetrainer
    I'm gonna look at it and I'll go back to you. If you have any other detail please write me at [email protected] :)

  • A new 'old' project...

    @horsetrainer I'm gonna fix the step lenght, it's a quantization issue. About iGrand, it seems it takes control on the device audio session. Needs further investigation

  • @ElliottGarage said:
    A new 'old' project...

    @horsetrainer I'm gonna fix the step lenght, it's a quantization issue. About iGrand, it seems it takes control on the device audio session. Needs further investigation

    Thank you! :)

  • Can’t wait! 🙏🏻

  • Is this drum app AU?

  • @nondes said:
    Is this drum app AU?

    Apparently so

  • @Rodolfo said:

    Looks good !

  • First preview of the pad view...the dev's going pretty well. Still much to be done...please feel free to write me any request about your ideal Drum Machine AU3 app :)

  • @ElliottGarage drag and drop samples from Files onto pads?

  • @ElliottGarage midi learn for finger drumming with real pads

    • Drum synth - if samples, sample import
    • independent length lines/tracks - all visible in same window (quick rhythm view)
    • support for polyrhythms and odd time signatures

    Maybe already implemented og requested... just in case

    @fattigman +1 for the poor man
    @gusgranite +1

  • @gusgranite, @fattigman, @tiantong
    Drag & drop and MIDI learn added to my TODO list :)

  • @ElliottGarage said:
    @gusgranite, @fattigman, @tiantong
    Drag & drop and MIDI learn added to my TODO list :)

    Awesome. Midi learn is a must have 👌

  • @tiantong are you swedish? 🇸🇪
    @ElliottGarage instabuy 👌😎

  • edited August 6

    I don’t know if it’s possible but a switch/dial with a choice of sample rates would be nice, so you could load up your files and play them back at a different rate personally I wouldn’t mind if it was done on each individual sample or globally. Maybe a just a couple of options say Original/12 Bit/8 Bit.
    Give you that instant “Old Skool” sound. :-)

  • Lightning fast Drag&Drop of your samples from File app

  • This looks great! It'd be awesome if you would be the first one (I think) to push through and implement AUv3 multi-out in this one, so AU hosts could use it as a reference for implementing their side of it.

  • @jipumarino said:
    This looks great! It'd be awesome if you would be the first one (I think) to push through and implement AUv3 multi-out in this one, so AU hosts could use it as a reference for implementing their side of it.

    Is multi-out planned? If so, wow!

  • edited August 6

    Drag n drop from files should be a stop gap, that gives no preview at all, sample based drum machines should have in place previewing (see Maschine)
    Open a load dialogue, samples are listed, click a sample and it replaces the currently loaded sample with the sample you just clicked on for preview in place (playing in the programmed sequence) if you press ok it stays loaded and closes the dialogue, if you press cancel it just closes the dialogue and reloads the original sample.
    A perma browser with this ability is even better.

    Round/Random robin.
    Velocity layers.
    If the above are implemented to a good standard then DFD too for large acoustic kits.
    Linking pads.
    Choking pads.
    Multiout would be a huge help to forcing that standard in to play.

  • @Turntablist said:
    Drag n drop from files should be a stop gap, that gives no preview at all, sample based drum machines should have in place previewing (see Maschine)
    Open a load dialogue, samples are listed, click a sample and it replaces the currently loaded sample with the sample you just clicked on for preview in place (playing in the programmed sequence) if you press ok it stays loaded and closes the dialogue, if you press cancel it just closes the dialogue and reloads the original sample.

    You actually can preview an audio file into File app...
    Anyway the drag& drop workflow is so fast and easy that you can quickly drop a sample, check the sound and if you don't like drop another one and so on. I find it really user friendly

  • edited August 6

    PS I need however to implement also a 'standard' sample load form, for iPhone and iPad < iOS11

  • @ElliottGarage said:

    @Turntablist said:
    Drag n drop from files should be a stop gap, that gives no preview at all, sample based drum machines should have in place previewing (see Maschine)
    Open a load dialogue, samples are listed, click a sample and it replaces the currently loaded sample with the sample you just clicked on for preview in place (playing in the programmed sequence) if you press ok it stays loaded and closes the dialogue, if you press cancel it just closes the dialogue and reloads the original sample.

    You actually can preview an audio file into File app...
    Anyway the drag& drop workflow is so fast and easy that you can quickly drop a sample, check the sound and if you don't like drop another one and so on. I find it really user friendly

    There is not really anything quick and easy about opening a second app just to drag n drop samples haha, good luck with your app though ;)

  • It just must be me. I cannot program the 808 or the 909! I can't figure these damn things out! Very frustrating and not intuitive at all. I bought them and there they sit.

    I am not a complete idiot, I can program DM1 with ease, I use Protools, create tracks with Cubasis 2, NanoStudio2, Gadget etc. heck I even made sequences and combi's on an old M1. I have built animatronic masks and toured the US and Japan. I know how to put one foot in front of the other

    I do think the instructions are severely lacking. They presume you have used these machines before. I have not, I have never seen one.

    That said, are there any comprehensive instructions or tutorials for the 808 & 909 app out there or did I just throw my money and time away? I have never wanted to smash my iPad before attempting to use these apps.

    Please excuse the poor grammar I am just too frustrated ATM!!!!!

  • @ralis you're right and I'm trying with each version of the app to make easier the drums programming. The first version of the app was really tricky, because I tried to be loyal to the original vintage drum machines. So I added the quick rhythm view, that is a basic sequencer grid view and users were pretty happy with that.
    So you have 2 way to program the dm, the original tricky one (and you can check any youtube video of people programming the hardware dm) and the new quick rhythm grid view.

    Also, did you check the youtube channel? You can find some quick tutorials

  • @ralis said:
    It just must be me. I cannot program the 808 or the 909! I can't figure these damn things out! Very frustrating and not intuitive at all. I bought them and there they sit.

    I am not a complete idiot, I can program DM1 with ease, I use Protools, create tracks with Cubasis 2, NanoStudio2, Gadget etc. heck I even made sequences and combi's on an old M1. I have built animatronic masks and toured the US and Japan. I know how to put one foot in front of the other

    I do think the instructions are severely lacking. They presume you have used these machines before. I have not, I have never seen one.

    That said, are there any comprehensive instructions or tutorials for the 808 & 909 app out there or did I just throw my money and time away? I have never wanted to smash my iPad before attempting to use these apps.

    Please excuse the poor grammar I am just too frustrated ATM!!!!!

    I would suggest that you watch any youtube tutorial on a real hardware 808/909 drums, then you’ll find it very easy to program EG Drum machines. I have to admit it’s not intuitive for current technology and UI/UX standards, but it works almost exactly as the real thing.

  • @ElliottGarage said:
    @ralis you're right and I'm trying with each version of the app to make easier the drums programming. The first version of the app was really tricky, because I tried to be loyal to the original vintage drum machines. So I added the quick rhythm view, that is a basic sequencer grid view and users were pretty happy with that.
    So you have 2 way to program the dm, the original tricky one (and you can check any youtube video of people programming the hardware dm) and the new quick rhythm grid view.

    Also, did you check the youtube channel? You can find some quick tutorials

    I did check your YouTube it was for the most part, shall we say "Vague". You know the app you created it therefore you know how it works inside and out. Imagine a person from a foreign land only learned English 4 years ago and has never seen nor used a hardware 909 read your instructions or watched your videos.

    If you put youself in that place you would understand. All I ask is for clear step by step instructions.

    I want to make a pattern, a single kick drum on the down beat in 4/4 for one measure and save it. That should be simple. How do I do that?

    Please Keep in mind I have no idea how to use your app or the original 909 and I have the English comprenision of a 4 year old.

    Step one: Open the app

    Step two: ?

Sign In or Register to comment.