Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

May 2018 Sound Design Fest - Layr

Comments

• edited June 2018

It should work, like this:

In the Save Preset dialog select an empty bank, tap the cloud icon and it should open a Files view.

Be sure to select an empty bank, but it definitely works because that's how I imported everyone else's presets.

• @richardyot thanks. And what do you see after you click Import Bank? A pop up window?

• I see the Files app, obviously this requires iOS 11:

If you're on iOS 10 you'll probably have to try another method, sorry.

• Strange. On the latest iOS. Will delete and reinstall Layr and reboot iPad.

Thanks for your help!

• @gusgranite said:
    Strange. On the latest iOS. Will delete and reinstall Layr and reboot iPad.

Thanks for your help!

Sometimes the Files app seems to go wonky and not display anything (happens in GarageBand too) in which case a reboot fixes things.

• Thanks to all deliverer!!!👍🏽

• @richardyot said:

@gusgranite said:
    Strange. On the latest iOS. Will delete and reinstall Layr and reboot iPad.

Thanks for your help!

Sometimes the Files app seems to go wonky and not display anything (happens in GarageBand too) in which case a reboot fixes things.

In my case, the reboot/power up did not help - pressing the cloud icon does not show the file brower. IOS 11.3.1/iPad Pro 10.5.

I am waiting for @gusgranite to progress, i currently don’t want to reinstall Layr, since i did many more presets and ensembles which i didn‘t include in my contribution.

• Reinstalled app and rebooted. No joy.
    Upgraded to 11.4 (had been planning to anyway). No joy.
    Tried standalone and AU. Just can’t get that files window to show.
    iPad 10.5.

@LivingMemorySoftware have you seen this before? Very possibly user error, of course...

• I wonder if it's a bug with the iPad Pro 10.5, which you're both using?

• I had no issues importing the patches on my Air 2, iOS11.4.

What is a bit 'counter-intuitive' is that the import is done using the save buttons instead of the load buttons.
    (In my 'brain' Load = Import, and Save = Export but in LayR it's the other way around).

• Ok now imported, thanks for everyone's work :)

Also make sure the bank you are importing to is completely empty or the files will be greyed out in iCloud.
    Agee there are some unusual layout preferences in Layr, I would think import performances/instruments would be in the load section....

Only just recently purchased and so am feeling my way around this one.
    Also the solo buttons look like I'm muting the layers to me :)

• @Samu said:
    I had no issues importing the patches on my Air 2, iOS11.4.

What is a bit 'counter-intuitive' is that the import is done using the save buttons instead of the load buttons.
    (In my 'brain' Load = Import, and Save = Export but in LayR it's the other way around).

I 2nd this.

• edited June 2018

I 3rd this. :)

The icon buttons are counter-intuitive for importing instruments and performances. At first, I thought I should be using the down-arrow button, since I'm downloading the files from an iCloud Drive.

• @richardyot said:
    I wonder if it's a bug with the iPad Pro 10.5, which you're both using?

I was able to install the files on an iPad Pro 10.5

• edited June 2018

@DavidEnglish said:

@richardyot said:
    I wonder if it's a bug with the iPad Pro 10.5, which you're both using?

I was able to install the files on an iPad Pro 10.5

No problem too with IPad Pro 10.5 👍

Thanks a lot to all who created all these amazing sounds! 🎶🎶🎶😊

• Got them all imported a-ok on my end. Some great instrument patches! Good work team. There’s a performance patch named krahw made my jaw drop! Insane!

• Where’s the link to the file guys?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Where’s the link to the file guys?

They are on the previous page fourth post from the bottom on my browser.

The import program doesn't do anything on my 10.5 though the files can be seen in the Files app.

• 10.5 owners. If you were able to import presets, which version of iOS are you on?
    11.3.1 and 11.4 not working for me.

• edited June 2018

Preset import was no problem with IOS 11.3.1 on iPad Pro 10.5

• @gusgranite said:
    10.5 owners. If you were able to import presets, which version of iOS are you on?

I have 11.4 on my iPad Pro 10.5. Be sure to use the Layr icon with the up arrow rather than the down arrow, when you bring each file into the app.

• @DavidEnglish said:

@gusgranite said:
    10.5 owners. If you were able to import presets, which version of iOS are you on?

I have 11.4 on my iPad Pro 10.5. Be sure to use the Layr icon with the up arrow rather than the down arrow, when you bring each file into the app.

I was going the same way...

• edited June 2018

Import iPhone 8 11.4 no Problem
    Import iPad Pro 10.5 not possible
    (Files are grey)

• @david_2017 said:
    (Files are grey)

Click on a new empty bank that you want to import to.

• _ki_ki
    edited June 2018

Still no luck with the cloud icon - but here is some more information for @LivingMemorySoftware :

• All 4 export variants (instrument bank, instrument, performance bank and performance) open the file system brower.
    • None of the 4 import variants open the file system browser
    • The import icon is ‚white‘ and not gray, so it seems to be enabled - It also shows the correct text what would be imported (if the damned dialog would appear :) )
    • I found a difference with the cloud import buttons: The „save“, „cancel“, „export“, „close“ dialog buttons show a glow effect, when you start pressing them - you can move your finger outside off the button to see a change of the interactive glowing highlight. The „import“ cloud buttons don‘t show this effect, as if they are not active at all.
    • Switching off the iPad and rebooting did not help
    • IOS 11.3.1 with 10.5 iPad Pro (But import seems to work for others with this ios/ipad combination

• @Keenan said:

@david_2017 said:
    (Files are grey)

Click on a new empty bank that you want to import to.

Thanks. That did the trick

• Awesome collection of new instruments to play with. Excellent work AB Team!

• I am looking forward to reaping the rewards of everyone's hard work on this one. I've not had any time this month between family, work, videos, beta testing, my music, life, etc.

• Thanks to everyone ! Just installed no probs. will check em out over weekend.