Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

20 politically incorrect songs that'd be wildly controversial today

Comments

• edited April 2018

@Samu said:
    So in essence it's better to do 100% instrumental music since all words can potentially get offensive over time...

“Words” by the BeeGees ......simply unacceptable by today’s standards :D
    By the way even instrumental music has the potential to offend now or later..think it’s best to do something else other than making tunes :D

• edited April 2018

@Arpseechord said:

@Samu said:
    So in essence it's better to do 100% instrumental music since all words can potentially get offensive over time...

By the way even instrumental music has the potential to offend now or later..think it’s best to do something else other than making tunes :D

Don't forget the name of the band or artist name this also could trigger emotions. Sex Pistols, Butthole Surfers, Nashville Pussy, Circle Jerks and Rapeman.

• @Arpseechord Tubby Custard! Tubby Custard!
    Man, both of my kids loved this show as toddlers. We still say that Tubby Custard chant when we see some goopy stuff.

The show is pretty much incomprehensible to adults, but if you watch it with little kids you can get a sense of the genius behind the show.

• @CracklePot said:
    @Arpseechord Tubby Custard! Tubby Custard!
    Man, both of my kids loved this show as toddlers. We still say that Tubby Custard chant when we see some goopy stuff.

The show is pretty much incomprehensible to adults, but if you watch it with little kids you can get a sense of the genius behind the show.

Barney the dinosaur probably used the same formula!

• @greengrocer said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Samu said:

Don't forget the name of the band or artist name this also could trigger emotions. Sex Pistols, Butthole Surfers, Nashville Pussy, Circle Jerks and Rapeman.

Yes, even numbers like 666, 33 etc can cause a commotion. I suggest we all take a deep breath, get a trustworthy map and re-enter the mine field...

• ‘Fuck the fucking fuckers’ by Black Smoke (KLF) has always been a favourite of mine. Best played loud with the windows open when your neighbors are pissing you off.

• From the immortal Little Walter (i tried to post video link but it was refused)

No kiddin', I'm ready to fight
    I've been lookin' for my baby all night
    If I get her in my sight
    Boom, boom, out go the lights

• Incidentally Little Walter died in a street brawl in Chicago

• @Zen210507 said:
    Surely, the worst has to be the distinctly pervy possibly paedo apparently innocent babysitter lyric -

‘Clair’ by Gilbert O’Sulivan

Yo. This is creepy. Like really really creepy. Couldn't even repost the vid.

• My neighbours enjoy this

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @CracklePot said:
    What happened to “Every Breath You Take?”

>

A long time ago, in a life far, far away, when I was a DJ, This one was often requested at weddings. None of those asking seemed to have any inkling as to what the song was really about.

• @d4d0ug said:
    Oh yeah - ‘Abracadabra’ by Steve Miller band has some very ‘grabby’ lyrics...

>

As I recall, MrMiller says he wants to reach out and grab. But at no point does he act on this impulse. Highly commendable restraint. ;)

• edited April 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@CracklePot said:
    What happened to “Every Breath You Take?”

>

A long time ago, in a life far, far away, when I was a DJ, This one was often requested at weddings. None of those asking seemed to have any inkling as to what the song was really about.

Dude, just listen closely to the lyrics. Sinister and creepy as hell.
    I think most people only listen to choruses when deciding if a song is appropriate or not.
    “Born in the USA” at Republican rallies is another prime example. :D

Shoot, I may be getting too political in my commentary. I will stop now. B)

• "Bobby Brown" by Zappa on the Sheik Yerbouti album. From the same album, "Broken Hearts are for Assholes".

Oh, and "Jewish Princess", which did cause a minor ruckus in its day. "I want a steamy little jewish princess. With over-worked gums, who squeaks when she cums." Oy vey!

• “Play that Funky Music” by Wild Cherry would also probably be unacceptable today. The white boy was asked to play that funky music and nobody else. It’s not inclusive enough. Also, asking the white dude first is cultural appropriation of funk music. :smirk:

• What about Frank Zappa’s Don’t Eat the Yellow Snow.....we can find fault with that too :D

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    “Play that Funky Music” by Wild Cherry would also probably be unacceptable today. The white boy was asked to play that funky music and nobody else. It’s not inclusive enough. Also, asking the white dude first is cultural appropriation of funk music. :smirk:

• You can try all day... but you won't beat this one!

• edited April 2018

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    “Play that Funky Music” by Wild Cherry would also probably be unacceptable today. The white boy was asked to play that funky music and nobody else. It’s not inclusive enough. Also, asking the white dude first is cultural appropriation of funk music. :smirk:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=4137

Check the link, seems it was Rob Parissi (Wild Cherry's frontman) just wanted a succes, no1 hit and get famous (who doesn't?), studied what was hot at the time and found the solution. And yes Wild Cherry was a rocknroll band that went funky music. The line "Play that funky music white boy" was inspired by an Afro American that shouted at a gig: "Are you white boys gonna play some funky music?" so autobio lyrics.
    With most lyrics context is everything :)

• edited April 2018

gotta be this one

• edited April 2018

@greengrocer said:
    With most lyrics context is everything :)

That’s exactly what I said in my first post (the bitchy one from the first page https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/483484/#Comment_483484 :lol: ). I was being cheeky with my Wild Cherry post and already knew the history behind it. (Then again, it’s always good to have it repeated here. :smile: ).

• edited April 2018

• @Arpseechord said:
    My neighbours enjoy this

Good bass player too!

• Statutory Rock

• No Sleep Til Bedtime!