Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Samplist goes universal

Comments

• @alecsbuga just bought now that it’s gone universal - very happy with S so far, looking forward to seeing how Samplist evolves! Wishing you all the best :) <3 :)

• Really an amazing app! Can‘t wait for the sequencer ;)

• The next Monday update will focus on UI for smaller iPhones. Here’s a a preview. I’ve enlarged the pads on the iPhones.
    So you have 8 instead of 16. But you can page through them as on the iPad.

• I've reduced Samplist from $4.99 to $2.99 for this weekend. Happy Easter everyone!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/samplist/id1347142920?&ct=HappyEaster&ls=1&mt=8

PS: As usual, it takes a couple of minutes for the price to be live :)

• Hey does this app support stereo samples and is working well on 12.9 iPads? :)
    Also is panning in there for each slice?
    Sorry if the info is in here somewhere but I can’t see it...

• @Carnbot said:
    Hey does this app support stereo samples and is working well on 12.9 iPads? :)

Yes to all of that :)

• @alecsbuga said:

@Carnbot said:
    Hey does this app support stereo samples and is working well on 12.9 iPads? :)

Yes to all of that :)

great, thanks :)

• @alecsbuga are you working on reverse play for slices?

• @alecsbuga Was getting pessimistic that it wasn’t going to run on the grizzled old iPhone 5, but the fix sorted it out, thanks! Will be perfect for me once the button adjustment comes out.

• @alecsbuga I figured I would hold out for AU support but you are working your ass off on this app and so I'm buying as thanks for that dedication and as an investment in where you take this next. Oh, and app looks good on first play with it!

• Thanks guys. I haven’t had any requests for reversed slices but I’m going to add it.

• Just picked this up for an incredibly cheap $2.99. Wasn’t this around $10 when it launched? Anyway, very happy to get to check this one out. Another rapidly developing app with an amazing developer. We have it so good. <3 B)

• edited March 2018

@alecsbuga said:
    Thanks guys. I haven’t had any requests for reversed slices but I’m going to add it.

Just bought it and it’s a very interesting app. I like the time stretch option which can give really interesting things, and the slice tools. All sound design features are very welcome and what lot of us are searching for in a slicer. First thing I’ve noticed is the lack of reverse mode per slice, very glad you’ll add it soon. Also, AU if possible should be really great.

• I am really happy to support any dev who is furthering the AudioKit cause. B)

• Works nice so far. Tested with cubasis and routed softdrummer to control samplist and it recorded everything nicely. Thanks and keep on the good work.

• edited March 2018

I had some audio lost in Samplist, need to close and reopen it to get sound again. Happened in both standalone and iaa. I use an iPhone 7 Plus and latest 11.3 iOS.

Also how do you save presets? I don’t find it.

• @alecsbuga said:
    I've reduced Samplist from $4.99 to $2.99 for this weekend. Happy Easter everyone!

Has it returned to $4.99?

• @knewspeak said:

@alecsbuga said:
    I've reduced Samplist from $4.99 to $2.99 for this weekend. Happy Easter everyone!

Has it returned to $4.99?

Well I’m stupid. I’ve set it from March 31 to April 1. Thinking it’s April 1 included. Apparently it wasn’t. Trying to reset it and it doesn’t work. I’ll keep trying different combinations

• @Janosax said:
    I had some audio lost in Samplist, need to close and reopen it to get sound again. Happened in both standalone and iaa. I use an iPhone 7 Plus and latest 11.3 iOS.

I’ve had this issue before and I found out what’s happening. iOS shuts the audio session of the app when you receive a call or some other system audio which is more important. I’m including this fix in the next update.

Also: Tools > Save preset

• Ok pricing is fixed. It’s still 2.99
    Happy Easter! :)

• @alecsbuga very enticing offer but I'm holding out until Audiobus input or IAA input is implemented, even if it means paying a higher price. Still rooting for you from the sidelines! Great work :)

• @alecsbuga said:

@Janosax said:

I’ve had this issue before and I found out what’s happening. iOS shuts the audio session of the app when you receive a call or some other system audio which is more important. I’m including this fix in the next update.

Thanks for info. On iPhone, it’s needed to scroll down tools menu as save preset option is hidden. Lol.

• @Janosax said:

@alecsbuga said:

@Janosax said:

Thanks for info. On iPhone, it’s needed to scroll down tools menu as save preset option is hidden. Lol.

I put it first after your feedback. Sending update to Apple tonight.

• It’s how alerts work on iPhones. If you have lots of options you need to scroll.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Ok pricing is fixed. It’s still 2.99
    Happy Easter! :)

• Hi, a couple of questions: I bought this thinking it was a general sampler. It’s not clear that this is just a drum sampler. What I’ve always wanted on iOS is a chromatic sampler. What are the chances of this app incorporating chromatic sampling capabilities for instrumental sampling?

Also, are there any plans for this app to support AU?

Thanks! @alecsbuga

• edited April 2018

@Audiojunkie said:
    Hi, a couple of questions: I bought this thinking it was a general sampler. It’s not clear that this is just a drum sampler. What I’ve always wanted on iOS is a chromatic sampler. What are the chances of this app incorporating chromatic sampling capabilities for instrumental sampling?

Also, are there any plans for this app to support AU?

Thanks! @alecsbuga

There is an option in controls page « play slice chromatically » that allow to play the slice on a keyboard, and you can also use « enable timestretch » and set « slice tempo » it will play like an instrument. Also, as pads are set chromatically in drum mode you should be able to set a slice per note to make a multisampled instrument played by external midi keyboard app or hardware.

• @alecsbuga how do you slide keyboard to change range in chromatic mode?

• @Janosax said:
    @alecsbuga how do you slide keyboard to change range in chromatic mode?

Theu Keyboard is fixed. It does have an octave switch on the iPad.

Try transposing the sample using the semitones controls. It’s even cooler because you can play C minor pentatonic in whatever key you want :)

• edited April 2018

@alecsbuga said:

@Janosax said:
    @alecsbuga how do you slide keyboard to change range in chromatic mode?

Theu Keyboard is fixed. It does have an octave switch on the iPad.

Try transposing the sample using the semitones controls. It’s even cooler because you can play C minor pentatonic in whatever key you want :)

I thinked about that, I will try. So another feature request is slidable Keyboard I guess : ))

Also the possibility to assign one individual sample per key in keyboard mode should be huge!! It will become a slicer/multisampler. I must say the app has already very nice capabilities: you can set slice global tempo, set an automatic number of slices, choke function, controls parameters to individual slice or all slices, chromatic assignation, timestretch with slice tempo... nice work really. I love slicers!!