go to iphone app for writing when inspiration hits on the go?

What is your go iphone app for getting ideas down as quickly as possible when they pop in your head?
I have some melodies bouncing around and some chords to go with them and i want to get them out of my head as quickly as possible

Comments

• 20 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Music Memos :p

• Gadget

• Noteshelf / Audioshare

• AUM Preset loaded with Zeeon or Poison-202! Ready to record. But if I wanna quickly capture the midi of it the. Yeah Gadget is the only viable option for ease of setup. I need to get a template going on Xequence to fire it up quickly and record fast. Main reason I really wish Xequence hosted AUs. If it did, it would beat Gadget as I’m a linear midi guy and nothing beats Xequence on iPhone.

• GarageBand. It has enough onboard toys to be just fine in a pinch and no need to worry about loading this or that into audiobus. As for what I actually use for musical inspiration, I find myself firing up Figure (or maybe Bebot) more often than anything.

• In a pinch, I hum into the mic and record that.

• It used to be Auxy, now it's sometimes Gadget LE (when I prefer "bread an butter instruments"), or BeatHawk (when I prefer to sample). They're better anyway.
    For writing down chords, my absolute favourite is ChordPolyPad.
    There's not much choice on a small iPhone 5S screen...

• interesting so many for gadget. i keep forgetting i have that on my phone. i’m gonna have to head there first to get my ideas down. thanks guys

• Hum or scat into Audioshare or use Beatonal

• @fprintf said:
    GarageBand. It has enough onboard toys to be just fine in a pinch and no need to worry about loading this or that into audiobus. As for what I actually use for musical inspiration, I find myself firing up Figure (or maybe Bebot) more often than anything.

Beatonal is also great for firing up in much the way you would use Figure or Bebot.

• Auxy. The subscription is worth it in this case.

Beathawk, although entering notes can be a bitch when the GUI doesn’t have enough contrast.

Gadget, because Gadget (and I own every last IAP you can imagine).

• yeah auxy? Similar to that; ive been using groovebox to get ideas down. live the exapansion pack for drums, and the wave table synth sounds really nice

• Music memos and the uke

• Remix Live
    Groovebox
    Elastic Drums
    BlocsWave
    Argon
    Yellofied
    DM1
    iMASCHINE
    Bassline
    MoDrums
    Ripplemaker

Use it daily at the gym for an hour doing cardio.

Here is what I did yesterday on iMaschine.

• Audioshare and the built-in mic for acoustic things or to sing a melody in my head. Nanostudio for the rest.

• Music memos and Garage Band.
    The smart piano and guitar are really good for quickly getting a chord pattern down

• @syrupcore said:
    Audioshare and the built-in mic for acoustic things or to sing a melody in my head. Nanostudio for the rest.

Yeah Audioshare for vocals in the car

• iMaschine2 and BlocsWave all day! So easy to get a groove going and export the stems to the iPad.