Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

go to iphone app for writing when inspiration hits on the go?

What is your go iphone app for getting ideas down as quickly as possible when they pop in your head?
I have some melodies bouncing around and some chords to go with them and i want to get them out of my head as quickly as possible

Comments

• Music Memos :p

• Gadget

• Noteshelf / Audioshare

• AUM Preset loaded with Zeeon or Poison-202! Ready to record. But if I wanna quickly capture the midi of it the. Yeah Gadget is the only viable option for ease of setup. I need to get a template going on Xequence to fire it up quickly and record fast. Main reason I really wish Xequence hosted AUs. If it did, it would beat Gadget as I’m a linear midi guy and nothing beats Xequence on iPhone.

• GarageBand. It has enough onboard toys to be just fine in a pinch and no need to worry about loading this or that into audiobus. As for what I actually use for musical inspiration, I find myself firing up Figure (or maybe Bebot) more often than anything.

• In a pinch, I hum into the mic and record that.

• It used to be Auxy, now it's sometimes Gadget LE (when I prefer "bread an butter instruments"), or BeatHawk (when I prefer to sample). They're better anyway.
    For writing down chords, my absolute favourite is ChordPolyPad.
    There's not much choice on a small iPhone 5S screen...

• interesting so many for gadget. i keep forgetting i have that on my phone. i’m gonna have to head there first to get my ideas down. thanks guys

• Hum or scat into Audioshare or use Beatonal

• @fprintf said:
    GarageBand. It has enough onboard toys to be just fine in a pinch and no need to worry about loading this or that into audiobus. As for what I actually use for musical inspiration, I find myself firing up Figure (or maybe Bebot) more often than anything.

Beatonal is also great for firing up in much the way you would use Figure or Bebot.

• Auxy. The subscription is worth it in this case.

Beathawk, although entering notes can be a bitch when the GUI doesn’t have enough contrast.

Gadget, because Gadget (and I own every last IAP you can imagine).

• yeah auxy? Similar to that; ive been using groovebox to get ideas down. live the exapansion pack for drums, and the wave table synth sounds really nice

• Music memos and the uke

• Remix Live
    Groovebox
    Elastic Drums
    BlocsWave
    Argon
    Yellofied
    DM1
    iMASCHINE
    Bassline
    MoDrums
    Ripplemaker

Use it daily at the gym for an hour doing cardio.

Here is what I did yesterday on iMaschine.

• Audioshare and the built-in mic for acoustic things or to sing a melody in my head. Nanostudio for the rest.

• Music memos and Garage Band.
    The smart piano and guitar are really good for quickly getting a chord pattern down

• @syrupcore said:
    Audioshare and the built-in mic for acoustic things or to sing a melody in my head. Nanostudio for the rest.

Yeah Audioshare for vocals in the car

• iMaschine2 and BlocsWave all day! So easy to get a groove going and export the stems to the iPad.