Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Numan Lives!

Comments

• @greengrocer said:

@Zen210507 said:
    Just saw a performance by Gary Numan and his daughter Persia, on a one night only return of the Old Grey Whistle Test, and after all these years he’s got a modern classic. Fast forward to about 1:40

My Name is Ruin

https://youtu.be/4nsN0W_DrvY

Sadly, the gits at Billboard have already taken against him....

__Following the album's release, it was revealed that, in spite of it being predominantly recorded with electronic instruments, it had been excluded from Billboard's dance/electronic music chart, with an executive from Billboard advising BMG that “Sonically, the Numan album just does not fit in" with Billboard's perception of electronic dance music._

Weird decision to exclude this type of music from Dance/ Electronic charts if you look at this weeks no 1 a just hear a love ballade on which I hardly can move ;)

Probably doesn’t fit their algorithm... Formatting is total brainwashing for money.
    I’ve worked in radio for 25 years. Since streaming began, you don’t earn money unless your Taylor swift.

• @Kühl said:
    I’ve worked in radio for 25 years. Since streaming began, you don’t earn money unless your Taylor swift.

>

Taylor bloody Swift. :/ If Microsoft had set out to make a pop star, she would be the result. How the sheer calculation and disingeunity fools so many is a testament to the power of mass media brainwashing.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Kühl said:

>

Taylor bloody Swift. :/ If Microsoft had set out to make a pop star, she would be the result. How the sheer calculation and disingeunity fools so many is a testament to the power of mass media brainwashing.

I dislike most modern pop music but the girl has undeniable talent in writing catchy pop songs. I can actually stand her music because its damn catchy and clever. She is a lot more talented than most curmudgeons give her credit for - including me initially.

• @MikeyP said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Kühl said:

>

I dislike most modern pop music but the girl has undeniable talent in writing catchy pop songs. I can actually stand her music because its damn catchy and clever. She is a lot more talented than most curmudgeons give her credit for - including me initially.

Well... let’s say, I like her haircut. That’s the important thing. That, and the clothes, perfume, jewellery... tattitata blah
    That’s what’s generating money. I don’t think any new Popstar inspires anyone to buy an instrument and learn how to play...

• @MikeyP said:
    I dislike most modern pop music but the girl has undeniable talent in writing catchy pop songs.

>

Hey, if it works for you, MikeyP, that’s great.

• edited March 2018

@Kühl said:
    Well... let’s say, I like her haircut. That’s the important thing.

>

Image is all, Kühl. :)

As we know, pop and rock music has always been heavily influenced by its own image. But in the past some exponents we’re trying to promote change, awareness or growth in various positive ways.

The first example of many that springs to mind is ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’ by The Who.

Today, I have no doubt that there are music makers still trying to ‘say something’ amongst the work that is intended purely to entertain. I know that RTM do that, ‘cause I write it, ;) But in the mainstream industry sponsored arena, very few acts seem to be even trying to make a point, today. It’s all just formulaic - if well crafted - fluff and nonsense, intended to distract and confuse.

There is a huge difference between aspiring to be like Taylor Swift and aspiring to be like Kate Bush, for example. KB challenged the system throughout her career, whereas TS is the system.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Kühl said:

>

As we know, pop and rock music has always been heavily influenced by its own image. But in the past some exponents we’re trying to promote change, awareness or growth in various positive ways.

The first example of many that springs to mind is ‘Won’t Get Fooled Again’ by The Who.

Today, I have no doubt that there are music makers still trying to ‘say something’ amongst the work that is intended purely to entertain. I know that RTM do that, ‘cause I write it, ;) But in the mainstream industry sponsored arena, very few acts seem to be even trying to make a point, today. It’s all just formulaic - if well crafted - fluff and nonsense, intended to distract and confuse.

There is a huge difference between aspiring to be like Taylor Swift and aspiring to be like Kate Bush, for example. KB challenged the system throughout her career, whereas TS is the system.

Kate Bush, definitely!
    I just ask people to wring their brains a little: Did the all the most talentless, but sexy, groupies take over the music scene while rock pioneers lay in a daze of dope? It looks that way from my planet :smile:

• @Kühl said:
    I just ask people to wring their brains a little: Did the all the most talentless, but sexy, groupies take over the music scene while rock pioneers lay in a daze of dope? It looks that way from my planet :smile:

>

ISTM, that what changed was the industry deciding to standardise product. So rather than take a chance on someone innovative, who might sell, they pushed only versions of what had sold before. All anguished boy bands or vaguely Hispanic warbling girls. Then equipped them with bland, formulaic one song fits all tunes, pounded into the public consciousness by Radio Boredom across the planet.

As for being sexy, I find the average popstrell of today either asexual, like the aforementioned Taylor Swift and Leona Lewis, or over the top crude, like Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus. There are exceptions, of course, who manage to combine sexiness with class, but they are in a minority.

• @Zen210507 said:

@Kühl said:

>

ISTM, that what changed was the industry deciding to standardise product. So rather than take a chance on someone innovative, who might sell, they pushed only versions of what had sold before. All anguished boy bands or vaguely Hispanic warbling girls. Then equipped them with bland, formulaic one song fits all tunes, pounded into the public consciousness by Radio Boredom across the planet.

As for being sexy, I find the average popstrell of today either asexual, like the aforementioned Taylor Swift and Leona Lewis, or over the top crude, like Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus. There are exceptions, of course, who manage to combine sexiness with class, but they are in a minority.

The pendulum always swings back, hopefully with a blade on

• edited March 2018

@Kühl said:

@MikeyP said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Kühl said:

>

Well... let’s say, I like her haircut. That’s the important thing. That, and the clothes, perfume, jewellery... tattitata blah
    That’s what’s generating money. I don’t think any new Popstar inspires anyone to buy an instrument and learn how to play...

OMG LOL. Look you can dislike her and her music - thats fine - but this is such an old person's argument. There is nothing more inherently bad about Taylor Swift than Debbie Gibson in the 80s, or Diana Ross in the 60s/70s. Pop music is what it is. If you are looking for creative, cutting edge artistic excellence you are looking in the wrong place, and that is nothing new. Are we going to start the "I hateNickelback" thread next?

In Swift's case I daresay you're probably wrong on this - I am sure lots of young girls are picking up the guitar and singing because of her - way more so than some of the other artists out there, but regardless in general I think its a pretty strange bar for measuring the worth or success of a pop artist.

• @Kühl said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Kühl said:

>

Kate Bush, definitely!

I am not even sure why you guys are even comparing Kate Bush and Taylor Swift? The Kate Bush's are still out there but like she was, they are not really mainstream so you arent hearing about them as much.

Anyhoo - Rock is definitely still out there but it is no longer really "Pop music" like it once was. Pure pop and hip hop is.

Rock is dead. Long live rock.

• edited March 2018

@MikeyP said:
    I am not even sure why you guys are even comparing Kate Bush and Taylor Swift? The Kate Bush's are still out there but like she was, they are not really mainstream so you arent hearing about them as much.

That is just the point, MikeyP. Innovative acts today are not being allowed to break though, not being given corporate support. Sure, there are some great acts around today who do not follow the formula. But they only get on fringe radio, not the mainstream.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MikeyP said:

That is just the point, MikeyP. Innovative acts today are not being allowed to break though, not being given corporate support. Sure, there are some great acts around today who do not follow the formula. But they only get on fringe radio, not the mainstream.

My point is that this is nothing new. Kate Bush was not really mainstream either. The landscape has changed. Radio is largely irrelevant. MTV is dead. iTunes rules.

• @MikeyP said:

There is nothing more inherently bad about Taylor Swift than Debbie Gibson in the 80s, or Diana Ross in the 60s/70s. Pop music is what it is.
    >

I agree. That is the point. The only thing that has changed is that the machine wants far less innovation, and much more formula.

• @MikeyP said:
    The landscape has changed. Radio is largely irrelevant. MTV is dead. iTunes rules.

>

I fear that you are probably correct. :'(

• @Zen210507 said:

@MikeyP said:

There is nothing more inherently bad about Taylor Swift than Debbie Gibson in the 80s, or Diana Ross in the 60s/70s. Pop music is what it is.
    >

I agree. That is the point. The only thing that has changed is that the machine wants far less innovation, and much more formula.

This I can agree with. It's not just true in music. The movie industry has been plagued by this.

• @MikeyP said:
    This I can agree with. It's not just true in music. The movie industry has been plagued by this.

>

Absolutely right. TV also.

I don’t know if you’ve had the misfortune to see Star Trek Discovery. What happened there was Paramount bastardising their franchise for an agenda favoured by the actors and writers.

Regardless of where any of us stands with reference to what they are pushing, Paramount has forgotten the Prime Directive of showbiz: to entertain. We watch TV and go to the movies for entertainment, not a lecture.

There will be a backlash.

• edited March 2018

@Zen210507 said:

@MikeyP said:

>

:)

• @Zen210507 said:

Great idea. :)

We do need both of course :)

• I listened to Regina Spektor Live in London today on Spotify, I’ve never heard it before. I only knew a little bit of her music, but wow. Sadly, someone I knew for a brief time through playing at church was the bandleader on that album and some subsequent work of hers until he drowned swimming in the lake the day before their performance at Montreaux in 2012 (I think), so I was a little sad listening, but I will be checking out more of her work for sure. Musically not terribly similar to Kate Bush but definitely bucking the system.

• edited March 2018

@mrufino1 said:
    I listened to Regina Spektor Live in London today....

>

A huge talent, for sure. Not getting the push she deserves.

• edited March 2018

@MikeyP said:

@Kühl said:

@MikeyP said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Kühl said:

>

OMG LOL. Look you can dislike her and her music - thats fine - but this is such an old person's argument. There is nothing more inherently bad about Taylor Swift than Debbie Gibson in the 80s, or Diana Ross in the 60s/70s. Pop music is what it is. If you are looking for creative, cutting edge artistic excellence you are looking in the wrong place, and that is nothing new. Are we going to start the "I hateNickelback" thread next?

In Swift's case I daresay you're probably wrong on this - I am sure lots of young girls are picking up the guitar and singing because of her - way more so than some of the other artists out there, but regardless in general I think its a pretty strange bar for measuring the worth or success of a pop artist.

I’m an old seasoned rocker, that’s why I’m right :smile:
    Don’t let my satire and wordsmithery offend you. One just takes a little truth and cast a spotlight on it.
    I love Taylor Swift, she’s almost as beautiful as Joni Mitchell, but Joni could finger pick even if someone chopped her head off. That’s tradecraft

• edited April 2018

@Kühl said:

You might like our new album, ‘Legal in Fifty States’ URL in its own thread. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@Kühl said:

Thanx, I’ll check it out. I’ll try fin the url

• @Kühl said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Kühl said:

Thanx, I’ll check it out. I’ll try fin the url

>

Tried to PM you, but system won’t allow me to post URL without cutting off the last six tracks. Please just look up Repulse the Monkey on BandCamp.

• Looks like he’s having well-deserved fun at present:

• I was at the last show of the Savage tour and it was incredibly powerful. Not really visually – I didn’t even see the drummer and I was 5 m from the stage – but the sound was massive and the album is absolutely some of his best work yet. Really hoping he’ll play somewhere close soon again.