Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - February 2018

Comments

• @Jocphone said:
    I don't get your observation about the lack of structure though. Maybe I'm a bit slow sometimes but I took as three lots of verse/chorus repeated. Easy to admit that I may have caused it to sound a bit chaotic..

I just hear it as three verses, I guess maybe you can consider the last two lines in each verse to be a chorus, but it's not what I would call a traditional chorus. Maybe a refrain, except even then it's not repetitive enough. Anyway, it's not important, it's just that to my ears it sounds maybe more like a poem than a song.

• @studs1966 good fun tune--there are parts of this one that remind me of The Avalanches, which is cool. I prefer the Disco version; I just think the arrangement suits the tune better. Agree with whomever noted that some of the vocals are a bit "pitchy". I'm generally not a stickler for these things but your productions are always so clean and professional that it stood out to me.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @studs1966 good fun tune--there are parts of this one that remind me of The Avalanches, which is cool. I prefer the Disco version; I just think the arrangement suits the tune better. Agree with whomever noted that some of the vocals are a bit "pitchy". I'm generally not a stickler for these things but your productions are always so clean and professional that it stood out to me.

Cheers mate........ Yep!...... The deep House mix was....... well....... Could be better (probably gonna either delete it, or maybe a re write it?)....... A friend of mine did suggest if I tried to use Melodyne & tool up the vocal acapella & re tune it that way. But thanks for listening to it, & the kind comments. Much appreciated. ;)

• If anyone has time I would greatly appreciate if you check out my new song I just dropped titled "Ask About Me". I'd love any feedback. Once again thanks for your time and listening!

• @Jocphone @bluepunk, that’s a new level or rawness. Very cool mix and sounds, the edges around everything just verge on going to nasty, but work very well.

Was that really a uke making those sounds? Generations of Hawaiians just flipped in their collective graves. :D

• @lukesleepwalker, you were definitely channeling Mr. Cohen on that one. I think you’ve done more interesting things, (Leonard, despite being my countryman, is not a fav of mine, :D ). Vocals are great, mix is good.

• @Dream_Nasir, it’s okay, just not my kind of thing. Mix is good, sounds are good. It’s not got a lot of oomph for me, you need more of an edge in your vocals, though I think you’re following a particular style pretty closely.

• I figured I should get this is before the end of the month! It’s all iPad, with the guitar recorded in GarageBand.

• @rickwaugh said:
    @Jocphone @bluepunk, that’s a new level or rawness. Very cool mix and sounds, the edges around everything just verge on going to nasty, but work very well.

Was that really a uke making those sounds? Generations of Hawaiians just flipped in their collective graves. :D

Thanks Rick. I don't remember if much of the uke survived in the final song. That stringed instrument you can hear is a mountain dulcimer. So,the Appalachians (and Germans?) doing the flipping rather than the Hawaiians (and portuguese?). Doubt I could coax anything that deep and raucous out of my uke. Won't stop me trying though :lol:

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Have been getting some kindly ribbing for writing too-short songs so I was determined to do the full four minutes this month :) Lyrics were shared on a thread here a while back (can't seem to find it now), but I kept a copy. The mutated end result is in the spoiler.

Sometimes we write with a very particular purpose in mind, a story or a point, but then sometimes it seems the words only become filled up and real once you begin to sing them and thereafter figure out what they meant all along. It is very obvious to me now that my Walker Percy (not the American author from Covington, Louisiana, whose interests included philosophy and semiotics but instead some form of doppelgänger ) is a man who's good enough to know his bad true self and is trying to make peace with that. For some of us this is a familiar predicament..

Johnny, this is wonderful. Very dark, and I like "dark" in my music, coffee, beer and chocolate. I really enjoy the lyrics, and the vocal effect are very effective - meaning, just the right amount at just the right times. I think you nailed it on this one. The piano sounds excellent as well. Really nothing I'd change. The video is very well done too, cool and appropriate imagery there. Without going back and listening to all you submitted since I gained admission to the club, this might be my vote for "Goodyear's Best". Cheers!

• @Shaken&;Stirred I did have a chuckle thinking about Lemmy listening to this tune--not sure he would approve, but Lou Reed and David Bowie would surely applaud. I didn't miss the guitars at all, mostly because I don't think they would have worked with the song. And, in the end, the song works because the lyrics and the melodies are strong. The arrangement has a nice lilting feel and the synth noises burble in at the right places to keep things interesting. Enjoyed it.

• @trackedout another woozy slice of goo. in other words, i love it. the slide guitars slither around effectively as the groove ambles along. my favorite part of this one is the backing vocal treatment--the backing vox arrive at all the right places to keep things interesting when the song starts to sound a bit too monotonous. Do things stray very close to "too shambling"? Maybe a little, but I'm liberal on these things and I'd stamp it with "let's rock!" and move on.

• @gburks really dig the vibe of this one--it just has this sound that grabs you from the start. I don't know what you are playing at the 2:35 mark (probably the guitar through the analog pedal) but it really took things in a different direction right when I needed it, as did the chord progression at 3:10. That said, I felt like I needed the train to take a different track or slow down at a station or two along the way--it was a little too linear and consistent toward the end.

• @LostBoy85 said:
    Sooo....you guys are all gonna hate this...I just know it... :D BUT, look at it this way, I have brought an AMAZING female vocalist to the forum!! So every cloud...yadi yada! :p

This is a song that I have just finished writing with the glorious Shevaun. We sing loads of stuff on the Smule karaoke app and decided to write our own 80’s style duet, complete with cheesy lyrics and snares you could land a plane on!

I know you won’t like it...but I take comfort in the fact that the girls LOVE IT..sooo :p
    All thoughts are welcome!

Very well done - you nailed the vibe you were after. I don't need to tell you both vocals sound great, but the production is perfectly executed on this one as well. You're right about the snare - made me smile. Very nice work!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @Shaken&;Stirred I did have a chuckle thinking about Lemmy listening to this tune--not sure he would approve, but Lou Reed and David Bowie would surely applaud. I didn't miss the guitars at all, mostly because I don't think they would have worked with the song. And, in the end, the song works because the lyrics and the melodies are strong. The arrangement has a nice lilting feel and the synth noises burble in at the right places to keep things interesting. Enjoyed it.

hey, thanks for the listen and the kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed it, and like the thought of Lou and Mr. Bowie applauding this. cheers!

• @JohnnyGoodyear CONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO FOUR MINUTES LONG!

ha, well, it needed to be said, right?

what else needs to be said? I was not expecting this turn in your tunes--this month's piece is downright harrowing. The minor piano dirge? Good! Switching to the major key for a lift? Good! The vocal performance sounding at times completely unglued? Good! The weird vocal effect burbles at times? Good!

I'm also glad you specified that your Walker Percy is not Lost in the Cosmos. Saved me that bit of analysis.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @gburks really dig the vibe of this one--it just has this sound that grabs you from the start. I don't know what you are playing at the 2:35 mark (probably the guitar through the analog pedal) but it really took things in a different direction right when I needed it, as did the chord progression at 3:10. That said, I felt like I needed the train to take a different track or slow down at a station or two along the way--it was a little too linear and consistent toward the end.

Thanks man! I shifted keys from minor to a mixolydian mode at that point (not necessarily intentional like some informed music theory acrobatics, just mentally fell into this new scale by accident!). That is guitar through a Big Muff, doubled with Eurorack modular synth through some distortion too.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    A bit over indulgent due to hearing just coming back..but hey.

this was a very enjoyable listen. There is a lot going on here, but there is continuity in it all, so it makes sense, and doesn't feel random. This is very unique, creative and well executed. more please.

• @cuscolima said:
    Here my contribution

• werkbench
    • AUM
    • groovebox
    • launchpad
    • NYCompressor
    • Nolimits
    • seekbeats
    • Eos2
    • Dubstation 2

Hey man, I like what you've done here. It sounds great, mixed well, and very interesting stuff going to keep in interesting. This really illustrates what cool electronic music can be created in iOS.

• Updated the SOTMC soundcloud, just in the nick of time.. 23:50 on 28th Feb! phew!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I love this. Just odd. Redolent of much, unlike anything. Such a kedgeree of soundtracks for suburban childhood nightmares. Video must have many ventriloquist dummies. And, yes, it is indulgent. I reckon two minutes tops :)

@richardyot said:
    @AndyPlankton Cool tune, it's all about the samples, there are lots of them and they're fun and interesting. I like the melodies as well, and the overall vibe which is nicely upbeat. The changes flow nicely too.

@Shaken&;Stirred said:

@AndyPlankton said:

this was a very enjoyable listen. There is a lot going on here, but there is continuity in it all, so it makes sense, and doesn't feel random. This is very unique, creative and well executed. more please.

Thanks peeps....it was one of those things that just came together, didn't feel forced. I had fun doing it :)

• @mistercharlie said:
    I figured I should get this is before the end of the month! It’s all iPad, with the guitar recorded in GarageBand.

Very nice guitar tone on this. It has a very nice vibe, and even though done inside of an iPad, It has the feel of a group of people in a room jamming this out... except for the violin. The violin doesn't sound natural to me, and this being such an organic sounding song, it jumps out at me. Maybe if it was pushed way back in the mix to make it subtle, it would fit better to my ears. Otherwise it's great, mix is good, and I like the stereo placement of everything. I also like the stumbling feeling of the timing, it work well. nice job!

• @Dream_Nasir said:
    If anyone has time I would greatly appreciate if you check out my new song I just dropped titled "Ask About Me". I'd love any feedback. Once again thanks for your time and listening!

Thanks for sharing this - it's refreshing to get new blood and new styles here. I'm far from an expert in what makes good rap, but this one sounds to me like it dips its toe in the mumble rap pool which is a genre I'm fascinated with. Overall production is excellent, IMO, especially the vocals. From what I've heard you've nailed the style. Bass sounds really good too! cheers!

• @rickwaugh Now this woodland wonder is yet to appear in National/Woodland Trust brochures down here. Yes, vivid scenes painted in sounds played by bluebells, then nettles, that you have me peering through laid on top of the moss bank overlooking the stages of a hunt.

“Stoats to the left of me, Squirrels to the right,
    here I am stuck in the middle with you.” - Beavers Kestrel.

Your playing exudes calmness/pluckiness/coolness and congratulations on the crystal clear video/audio. B+

• @richardyot Bloody bass me boss. A toss of gloss, chris crossing across (keep going) your fosse ‘cos the dental floss you emboss is thankfully, nothing like Bros. Back in the studio chateau dishing us sweet potatoes and oregano risotto giving me ear aniseikonia, did you know. Weeping willows to the left.... from doleful to hopeful and an oval (more a triangle) vocal brimful of dernful.

Beehooveful to dream folk such as I. A colourful crateful of despairful. B+ full.

Mmmm. Sorry. These reviews don’t work in video. They don’t work like this either. I don’t understand compression ratios. :)

• @studs1966 NO Geezer, please be unable to find another acapella fella. Leave it well alone and smoke a panatella. YES Geezer, they are slightly off piste and a first of singing half pissed. Brilliant. Ah, our sun god is succumbing to some disco cyst, hard to resist. Please persist. Edgy, lefty fieldy, heavy jelly, confetti with a taut belly. Snow Disco. B+ :)

• @Shaken&;Stirred From Stipe to Sparks. How much did it cost to get Ron Mael to play his version of Chopsticks? Chorus lyrics magnetise magma and pour robust rough down the middle. Is there a case (your honour) that some of the words could be delivered in your dreams? I’m annoyed that I failed to find the dream state delivery in parts of our latest. General feel of air/space/puppeteer showing his secrets/playing Twister with happy folk/Kerplunk with the sad.

“The paint on my brush doesn’t know where to flow.” Oh, I think it does and have proved it again. The mix of sticks are rows of soft bricks and from left to right, the only colour crayon you leave here is polite white. Keep pushing. B+. :)

• @trackedout Told you last month Mister Orca that ice is nice. Great. Now the lizard pit. Is that your face I see looking down from the top of the well? HELP! It’s the tails. Yuk.

Berserk Bass by the Basilisk. Drums: Desert Iguano. Guitar by the Gecko to the left of me and a Gila (yikes) to the right. Singing by the Skink with Springtail harmonies. Mixed by the Mexican beaded. Where did you have it mastered? Mangrove Monitor in Maidenhead?
    Crazy chameleon. B+ :)

• @Marcel Love to hear attitude in a strum. You played/captured the intensity of the swipe in its natural habitat. Your poor fingers! Thanks for scything your digits. Art. Wistful wandering with warm winds waving webs of waking wash, challenging me to lay on sand to search the soul. And all that before the singing. Getting old mate so it may be the ancient ears whispering, but could do with the vocals up a notch and possibly the bass drum down. Great to hear you again Marcel and ‘You Do Know’ that I cannot give more than a B+.

The psych’s gave up and was eventually signed off as ‘Miscellaneous.’ That’ll do. :)

• @gburks Was out running listening to your track... from the technicals in your work flow nudge. Those things are petrifying and kept me on my toes. Bought a running sack because you mentioned “eurorack,” new trainers because of a “Vulf Compressor.” Didn’t stretch first, pulled a muscle, home did I hobble, and all due to “some tape wobble.” The “Mac Plugins” caused rubbing, had to get a lift when the “drift from Goodhertz” hurt. Jogging to mild Killing Joke without Jaz is fantastic fitness fodder. B+