Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you watching? Is it good?

Comments

• The Menu (2022), with a great cast including Ralph Fiennes. A dark comedy horror about rich foodies.

• @HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:
    Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me. It’s David Lynch, what more do I have to say.

Might be my favorite second favorite Lynch film. It’s excellent but a very hard watch.

I think you really have to watch the two seasons of the TV show to fully appreciate it, but yes it’s a great movie. Probably my 3rd favorite after Eraserhead and Blue Velvet.

• @Gavinski said:
    The Menu (2022), with a great cast including Ralph Fiennes. A dark comedy horror about rich foodies.

Loved that one as well! I wasn’t expecting it to be as funny or as horrific as it ended up being lol. A great dark comedy (one of my favorite genres).

• @michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

Might be my favorite second favorite Lynch film. It’s excellent but a very hard watch.

I think you really have to watch the two seasons of the TV show to fully appreciate it, but yes it’s a great movie. Probably my 3rd favorite after Eraserhead and Blue Velvet.

Top 3 for me is probably Inland Empire, FWWM, and maybe Wild At Heart. I have a massive soft spot for that one for some reason. Maybe bc I’m a big Nic Cage and Harry Dean Stanton fan as well.

• @HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:
    The Menu (2022), with a great cast including Ralph Fiennes. A dark comedy horror about rich foodies.

Loved that one as well! I wasn’t expecting it to be as funny or as horrific as it ended up being lol. A great dark comedy (one of my favorite genres).

Yeah! I don't know how I didn't hear about it before, this is really up my street, also done by a few people who worked on Succession, easily one of my favourite TV shows ever.

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Yeah! I don't know how I didn't hear about it before, this is really up my street, also done by a few people who worked on Succession, easily one of my favourite TV shows ever.

That’s high up on my list of things to watch. Gotta get caught up on Atlanta and finish Better Call Saul first. That and Severance are the 2 I want to watch the most right now.

• @HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

That’s high up on my list of things to watch. Gotta get caught up on Atlanta and finish Better Call Saul first. That and Severance are the 2 I want to watch the most right now.

Oh man, lucky you still having Succession to look forward to. The first season really takes a while to get going, many of the early episodes are quite weak, but it really picks up in the second half and the last 2 episodes are some of the best TV ever. Then the future seasons are all generally very high quality.

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Oh man, lucky you still having Succession to look forward to. The first season really takes a while to get going, many of the early episodes are quite weak, but it really picks up in the second half and the last 2 episodes are some of the best TV ever. Then the future seasons are all generally very high quality.

Yeah everyone whose opinion I trust says it’s a great show and I’ve heard a handful of people saying it may be a contender for all time best lists. I’m looking forward to it. It’s nice to have a new show to be obsessed with lol. It’s over now correct? Or is there another season coming?

• @HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

Yeah everyone whose opinion I trust says it’s a great show and I’ve heard a handful of people saying it may be a contender for all time best lists. I’m looking forward to it. It’s nice to have a new show to be obsessed with lol. It’s over now correct? Or is there another season coming?

It's over, thank god they didn't drag it out forever and wreck it, as usually happens.

• @HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

Top 3 for me is probably Inland Empire, FWWM, and maybe Wild At Heart. I have a massive soft spot for that one for some reason. Maybe bc I’m a big Nic Cage and Harry Dean Stanton fan as well.

I haven’t seen Inland Empire yet, but it’s on my list of movies to watch. Wild at Heart is good, but I don’t think Nicholas Cage particularly adds to it - IMO he’s a terrible actor, but that can work to someone’s advantage in a David Lynch movie as he sometimes wants characters to be over-acted or very clichéd.

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

I don’t think there’s any weak episodes - I was hooked on Succession episode 1.

the new season of Fargo is back - and from the 1st two episodes seems like it’s back to s1/2 level greatness! Season 3 wasn’t good, and s4 almost unwatchable. Succession is one of the best series lately - But I also think Fargo is right up there with the best television in recent memory.

• edited November 2023

Watching this for tte umpteenth time:

• @Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

@HotStrange said:

@Gavinski said:

It's over, thank god they didn't drag it out forever and wreck it, as usually happens.

I have a lot of respect for TV show writers that know when to call it quits. Lots of shows jump the shark and ruin their legacy a bit by dragging it out too long. Though a lot of that is studio interference.

• @michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

I haven’t seen Inland Empire yet, but it’s on my list of movies to watch. Wild at Heart is good, but I don’t think Nicholas Cage particularly adds to it - IMO he’s a terrible actor, but that can work to someone’s advantage in a David Lynch movie as he sometimes wants characters to be over-acted or very clichéd.

I politely disagree about your Nic Cage point lol. Lord of War, Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas, and Mandy are all great performances (imo of course). But I think I mostly just like is exaggerated style.

I’d love to hear your thoughts once you watch IE. It’s a bit divisive I think but I’m firmly in the “love it” camp.

• @HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

I politely disagree about your Nic Cage point lol. Lord of War, Adaptation, Leaving Las Vegas, and Mandy are all great performances (imo of course). But I think I mostly just like is exaggerated style.

I’d love to hear your thoughts once you watch IE. It’s a bit divisive I think but I’m firmly in the “love it” camp.

Leaving Las Vegas is the only one of those that I have seen (I don’t go out of my way to watch his movies), and it’s the only one I have seen where he manages to constrain his tendency to overact, although now and then he can’t resist hamming things up.

I’ll definitely watch Inland Empire, but I just started re-watch the original Twin Peaks show after watching the movie.

• @michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

Leaving Las Vegas is the only one of those that I have seen (I don’t go out of my way to watch his movies), and it’s the only one I have seen where he manages to constrain his tendency to overact, although now and then he can’t resist hamming things up.

I’ll definitely watch Inland Empire, but I just started re-watch the original Twin Peaks show after watching the movie.

I’m in the middle of watching Twin Peaks also. I’m a few eps into the second season. It somehow gets better each watch even though I’ve seen it so many times now

• @HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

I’m in the middle of watching Twin Peaks also. I’m a few eps into the second season. It somehow gets better each watch even though I’ve seen it so many times now

I forgot about how much it focuses on just about every character’s life, and how many cliffhangers there are!

Watched the last episode of season 1 last night, so starting season 2 tonight.

• edited November 2023

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

I forgot about how much it focuses on just about every character’s life, and how many cliffhangers there are!

Watched the last episode of season 1 last night, so starting season 2 tonight.

I rewatch it every year and find new stuff every time! It really is one of the greatest pieces of art ever made (imo). The score is also perfect in what it tries - and succeeds - to do. I don’t shill often but for Twin Peaks I happily will 😆

• Widows, Steve McQueen 2018, can that man do no wrong? Makes Tarantino look like a lily arsed petulant teenager… I heard Steve talk about this on the radio a while back and forgot to catch it, just gripped me like most other films of this genre don’t…

• @Krupa said:
    Widows, Steve McQueen 2018, can that man do no wrong? Makes Tarantino look like a lily arsed petulant teenager… I heard Steve talk about this on the radio a while back and forgot to catch it, just gripped me like most other films of this genre don’t…

I still love Tarantino. Even though he only wrote it, True Romance is one of my favorite films ever.

But yah Steve McQueen is great. Hunger and Shame especially. I haven’t seen Widows yet because I keep forgetting about it. I need to catch that one. Btw, he has a new film coming out next year I think?

• @HotStrange said:

@Krupa said:
    Widows, Steve McQueen 2018, can that man do no wrong? Makes Tarantino look like a lily arsed petulant teenager… I heard Steve talk about this on the radio a while back and forgot to catch it, just gripped me like most other films of this genre don’t…

I still love Tarantino. Even though he only wrote it, True Romance is one of my favorite films ever.

But yah Steve McQueen is great. Hunger and Shame especially. I haven’t seen Widows yet because I keep forgetting about it. I need to catch that one. Btw, he has a new film coming out next year I think?

True romance is great, Reservoir dogs and pulp fiction, even inglorious but he’s definitely been going downhill since the high water mark, defo watch Widows, just great and I would guess he’s got something simmering, the last was that TV series, I’ve loved his work since seeing Carib Falls and the Deep installations in Covent Garden sometime early noughties

• Glad Steve McQueen’s name was brought up - he’s a great director and I really need to catch Widows at some point too.

• Invasion, season 2 on Apple TV, I just got 3 free months from Best Buy in the states. Second 3 month trial in past year… Watched season one a year ago, almost done season 2 now. Really good stuff.

• @Krupa said:

@HotStrange said:

@Krupa said:

True romance is great, Reservoir dogs and pulp fiction, even inglorious but he’s definitely been going downhill since the high water mark, defo watch Widows, just great and I would guess he’s got something simmering, the last was that TV series, I’ve loved his work since seeing Carib Falls and the Deep installations in Covent Garden sometime early noughties

My personal favorite QT (of his directorial work) is Jackie Brown. It’s got a lot of heart compared to his other flicks.

I’ll definitely check it out. Thanks for the rec!

• Anyone like the Hell House movies? Watched the newest one last week. It’s a cheesy FF horror movie but I love it.

• Impractical Jokers for the thousandth time. It’s probably one of my favorite shows to just have on and cracks me up even when I know what’s coming.

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Impractical Jokers for the thousandth time. It’s probably one of my favorite shows to just have on and cracks me up even when I know what’s coming.

Oh it’s absolutely excellent. Me and the wife watch it all the time. The skit where they’re in wheelchairs and the other jokers control where they go is hilarious.

• @HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

Raising Arizona is one of my favorites.

• @bluegroove said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

@HotStrange said:

@michael_m said:

Raising Arizona is one of my favorites.

For sure. Anything by the Coen Bros is good. O Brother Where Art Thou is an all time favorite.

• Jeff Koons and Jimmy Page
    My favorite living visual artist (sue me) interviews my favorite living occultist/riffmeister/producer