Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you watching? Is it good?

Comments

• edited September 2021

@SpookyZoo said:

@AudioGus said:
    I didn’t Photoshop this…

Haha.

I wonder what the Disney version of The Shining would look like?

The Shining on audiobook now. Read the book a long time ago.
    Last weeks been watching Lock Stock, Snatch and tonight Reservoir Dogs with my much younger staff, like I've been doing for decades, I like showing them my favorite movies, that they probably classify as how I view the Hitchcock movies 😂 Still good to show, a little more depth as many of the crappy shallow action coming out (not so) lately.
    If anyone wants to see some Filipino movies worth watching :
    Metro Manila
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1845838/
    On the Job
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2717558/
    General Luna
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4944352/
    Birdshot
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6135042/

• Dan Worrall - WTF is a Non Linearity?

I can't get enough if this 'dude'.

• @supadom said:
    Great stuff. I just finished watching that series yesterday!

Billy Bob Thornton is one of my few instawatches. :)

• What are some good trippy science documentaries with good visuals and music and voiceover?

• Anything with Brian Cox on BBC, his shows are really well done and get pretty deep in neat ways.

• A very nice version of 'Happy Birthday' my guess is they would have totally flipped over if it was played like that back then...

• edited October 2021

"JU-ON: Origins" is a good series on Netflix. This work is scripted by a supervisor from the early days of the series. Thanks to this, the standard of the work has returned to a decent level.
    Here is a very informative review I read before watching this work.(I'm relying on my memory, so the quotes are not exact.)
    "The last scene is so natural that viewers may accept it without giving it a second thought."
    It was something like that.
    With that review in mind, I thought carefully about what I saw in the last scene of the work. I am grateful for that review. This work is seriously amazing.
    Supplementary information:
    I think there are three levels of understanding of the last scene of this work.
    1. Viewers feel nothing special.
    2. Viewers are impressed.
    3. Viewers are blown away by the tremendous plot.

• Squid game. ⭕️❌🔺🟥

• The Velvet Underground.
    Documentary on Apple TV.

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

Foundation. Lame. Boring.
    I didn't expect much. Foundation seems like it would be impossible to port to the screen. But still. 🥱

I finally took up Apple on their 1-year free offer after hearing this was going to come out. What is up with Apple TV+? There's ... like ... nothing interesting. I simply can't imagine anyone paying a monthly subscription for it.

• I like Foundation myself, I think it’s pretty well done if a little slow still. Ted Lasso is great too on +.

• edited October 2021

I started reading Asimov's Foundation novels when I was in junior high.

I'm not sure why I got hooked. 12-13 year olds are supposed to be bored by political drama disguised as science fiction - hardly any depictions of fight scenes, epic space battles, etc.

Then again I find a lot of action films and TV shows that men love to be awfully boring.

• edited October 2021

@GovernorSilver said:

I had a friend back then who devoured Foundation and was a big physics nerd too. Super brainoid. Watchmen was as advanced as I got. Purdy pitcures etc.

• edited October 2021

@AudioGus said:

@GovernorSilver said:

I had a friend back then who devoured Foundation and was a big physics nerd too. Super brainoid. Watchmen was as advanced as I got. Purdy pitcures etc.

I guess I was just really into scifi at the time. I was checking out any scifi and fantasy books I could find at the school library.

Kurt Vonnegut's stuff was admittedly tough reading for me at that age.

I'm not sure I could have handled the likes of Greg Egan's "Diaspora" if it had been published and available for me to read at that library, at that time.

• @Ben said:
    The Velvet Underground.
    Documentary on Apple TV.

I watched it Friday morning, and was pleasantly surprised.
    I confess that I approached it with some trepidation because everyone seems to have their own narrative of the Velvet Underground;
    some old, some borrowed, some new, others always forthcoming in a week or two.

Some things I particularly liked:
    “THE QUOTE” was not used (you know the one I’m talking about)
    The other quote about “no blues licks” was also absent.
    Finally seeing Shelly Albin Corwin interviewed.
    Seeing Lou’s sister Bunny dancing to “The Ostrich”
    The background setting of the NYC art underground of the time.
    Lou’s sexuality was touched upon more than a little.
    Cale was given props for his invaluable sonic contributions.
    The inclusion of clips from little seen Warhol films such as “Moe In Bondage” and others.

Definitely recommended.
    Haynes’ film is clearly a labor of love about something that I also love.

• I’m on session 4 of Mr. Robot. Man this is a good program. I highly highly recommended this show. So freakin great.

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

@Morgman73 said:
    I’m on session 4 of Mr. Robot. Man this is a good program. I highly highly recommended this show. So freakin great.

Yep. It's always good to have some shows around that make you think you must be stoned when you're not.

• Riders Of Justice.
    might just be a perfect movie, if you don't mind the violence and/or the tenderness

• @wim Totally. Love this show. Super well thought out for sure.

• Just blew my tiny mind. Love Denis Villeneuve films. Really really fucking good.

• @ashh said:
    Just blew my tiny mind. Love Denis Villeneuve films. Really really fucking good.

I can not wait for this, ever since I heard about it a year ago or so.

• New season of Succession on HBO. Shit is good.

• Yeah the new Dune is SOOO fucking good. I had a lot of expectations for it being a fan of the SciFi series and the books, and it was MUCH better than I was even hoping for. I can't believe they haven't even made Part 2 yet, how did they not realize they had something incredible on their hands already?

Also, cool music and sound design. I'm guessing Villeneuve brought in the same team from Arrival by the sound of it, but I haven't checked yet.

• edited October 2021

@Poppadocrock said:

@ashh said:
    Just blew my tiny mind. Love Denis Villeneuve films. Really really fucking good.

I can not wait for this, ever since I heard about it a year ago or so.

Honestly, if it comes to a cinema within 100 miles* of me then I'm down.

I loved Chalamet in The King and he is really good in this, as is the actor who plays his mother, Rebecca Ferguson. The rest of the cast are really good too, even the wrestler. Although they have clearly chosen his screen time carefully.

*People who live in bigger countries can scale up that mileage or change it to metric as they please.

• Only Murders In The Building!

• Succession Season 3. One of my favourite shows ever, so glad it is back and that it comes out weekly so I can savour it rather than binge watch.

• This made my day good! (And also the other video's from the same channel)

• McDMcD
    edited October 2021

Watched Dune (Part One) tonight on HBO Max... truly epic film, IMHO. Something I'll probably return to
    several times before they finish and release Part Two.

I do love that Novel and I'm glad Denis has such respect for the material. I was questioning the casting
    but after watching it, I'm comfortable with the decisions made. I now have multiple renderings of Dune
    in my head (Book, Lynch film, mini-series, Dune "Part One"). I think I'll listen to the audio book since the
    internet has effectively killed my ability to hold up a large bundle of paper for hours while lying on my back... I can't face the physical nature of reading paper or the ability to channel my focus without a little
    burst of surprise. Books that offer little burst of surprise still work for me... like Vonnegut.

After watching Dune, I watched episode 5 of the excellent "Foundation" which inspired Frank Herbert to
    craft the universe of Dune. Isaac Asimov probably had an inspiration to create the Foundation stories that eventually became a trilogy. He was paid by the short story and later sold millions of books.

The sequence of "Foundation" to "Dune" to "Star Wars" and maybe I'll throw in "Firefly/Serenity" and end with "The Expanse". It created the genre of space epics that mixed story lines from the great Westerns and the Hero's Journey of the classics.

Alec Baldwin was making a new western and something really bad happened. Something similar to the John Carpenter "Twilight Zone" movie episode. Tragic.

• McDMcD
    edited October 2021

Oh. Ted Lasso on Apple TV. It's like the Breaking Bad of sitcoms. Which means we might get a spin off that's the Better Call Saul of Ted Lasso... "He's Every Fucking Where, Roy Kent". Seriously, it's almost perfect comedy writing, IMHO. Close to Seinfeld quality week to week.

Be advised I cannot watch most modern sitcoms. They just don't pull me into giving a fuck about the characters and the best comedy for me is about the situation and not just the
    punchlines.

Lots of great backstory in season 2.

• @ashh said:

@ashh said:

The BFI Player has a great season at the moment called The Path to Dune. There are a couple of his early 'arthouse' films included which I haven't seen yet seen.

https://player.bfi.org.uk/subscription/collection/denis-villeneuve-the-path-to-dune

Can't get out to see Dune until after the weekend. I was overjoyed when I read the Peter Bradshaw review in the Guardian earlier this week. I was confident he'd deliver the goods again, but with a prize like Dune, there was always that nagging thought in the back of my mind that this might be where drops the balls!