Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just picked up a Keith McMillen BopPad - suggestions on configuring it for iPad

12346»

Comments

• Mr Bop is back 😬😇

• Nice setup. I wish mine was that travel friendly.....

• @Daveypoo said:
    Nice setup. I wish mine was that travel friendly.....

Yeah it’s great. It’s just so far every time I take it to musical gatherings it always gets swept aside in favour of real instruments! Hopefully we can get something cooking with @Gravitas once Covid subsides.

• Lookin good. Does it have the orange discoloration that other units seem to have?

• @supadom said:

@Daveypoo said:
    Nice setup. I wish mine was that travel friendly.....

Yeah it’s great. It’s just so far every time I take it to musical gatherings it always gets swept aside in favour of real instruments!

Agreed.

Hopefully we can get something cooking with @Gravitas once Covid subsides.

Most certainly.

Which reminds me I need to start practicing.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Lookin good. Does it have the orange discoloration that other units seem to have?

I don’t think it is discolouration, just part of the sensor network. Could be the pressure sensors? They seemed to be similarly distributed on all units I’ve seen.

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Lookin good. Does it have the orange discoloration that other units seem to have?

I don’t think it is discolouration, just part of the sensor network. Could be the pressure sensors? They seemed to be similarly distributed on all units I’ve seen.

Yeah, I can see them on my unit too. They just looked far more pronounced on the last one you had. Perhaps it was just the lighting in the photo you posted.

I have such a love/hate relationship with the Boppad. I LOVE the hardware--solid quality at an affordable price and the sensitivity is very good. That said, the MIDI it generates drives me crazy. Just when I think I've dialed in the idiosyncrasies, I see a new curve ball.

• edited January 2021

@lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Yeah, I can see them on my unit too. They just looked far more pronounced on the last one you had. Perhaps it was just the lighting in the photo you posted.

I have such a love/hate relationship with the Boppad. I LOVE the hardware--solid quality at an affordable price and the sensitivity is very good. That said, the MIDI it generates drives me crazy. Just when I think I've dialed in the idiosyncrasies, I see a new curve ball.

I know exactly what you mean. When I plugged it in today and saw the led light lit orange without me even touching it the memories of my previous bop flooded in. Then I went to settings, lowered global sensitivity to 40, put all quadrants on one channel and disabled pressure on most pads it suddenly started behaving again.
    I have a feeling that the curve balls you’re talking about might be caused by temperature, humidity and the bend that bop pad can be subjected to. It also might be reacting negatively to the changes of current coming from the iPad. Basically: fuck knows.
    I bought it again because one cropped up on eBay for £110 including mount. I’ll give it another proper whirl, maybe Velcro it to a piece of wood to stop vibrating and bending and see what happens. Worst case scenario it’s going back on eBay!!! 🤣🤣

• Nice, @supadom! What's in the Drambo track?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Nice, @supadom! What's in the Drambo track?

I’ll tidy it up and I’ll upload it to patchstorage tonight.

It uses CC modulator module for radius and pressure which unfortunately doesn’t get recorded by the sequencer yet but will be hooked up in the next beta built.

• @supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

It uses CC modulator module for radius and pressure which unfortunately doesn’t get recorded by the sequencer yet but will be hooked up in the next beta built.

Gracias for the upload!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Gracias for the upload!

De nada. Now with BT keypad.

• Grabbed it. Thanks!