Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blocs Wave: Next Generation

13»

Comments

• @busker said:
    I would love for randomize to work my own samples (instead of just the included content)!

It does work for your own samples.

• Wow, my threads are timeless....poignant..relevant....I need to take this to a new level...I think I need a Youtube channel......... ;)

• edited October 2019

@RUST( i )K said:
    Wow, my threads are timeless....poignant..relevant...

Well, you start so many threads a few of them are bound to stick... :)

• @RUST( i )K said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    We’ve got one job...

Buy the packs and IAPs.

We’re doing that!

Kinda feels like been in a lame one-way relationship.

Voicemail.

Fucked with no kiss.....

..or lube

• @klownshed said:
    I love BlocsWave.

But I love it because it’s so simple. I think it could easily be ruined by adding too much stuff, especially auv3s

I can’t say that i haven’t wanted a way to put reverb on a track, etc. and Having access to Auv3 fx and stuff

But when I think about it, that would ruin the best thing about Blocs, which is the immediacy. The way you can just get in and play with no friction and with simplicity and elegance.

However, I often export my BlocsWave projects to launchpad and that’s where I think the extra features can be added. Launchpad is more of a way to play back and arrange/mix an already created project.

If I could put the loops together and jam out ideas in Blocs then use a hypothetical launchpad pro to arrange mix and master i think that would be the perfect solution.

Don’t think Au would hamper Blocs ‘immediacy’ but enhance it.. State saving, multiple instances... and, IAA is on the way out.. Most apps that do Au do have an IAA version.. so you won’t be left out..

• @robosardine said:

@busker said:
    I would love for randomize to work my own samples (instead of just the included content)!

It does work for your own samples.

Wow, it’s been so long since my initial post that It took me about a minute to even remember what Blocs Wave is :smile:

But thanks for prompting me to check it out again, I think I’ll give it another shot as a library for stray loops.

• edited October 2019

@RajahP said

Don’t think Au would hamper Blocs ‘immediacy’ but enhance it.. State saving, multiple instances... and, IAA is on the way out.. Most apps that do Au do have an IAA version.. so you won’t be left out..

Eh? I never use blocs as an IAA. I won’t be left out.

I was talking about BlocsWave being able to host auv3 plugins, not become an auv3.

I think adding any extra layers of complexity absolutely could affect the immediacy. If you get to mess about with auv3 fx for each part how could it not? Adding auv3 hosting support would at the very least make the app slower to load. Every auv3 host I have takes longer to load than those that don’t as they need to scan for new auv3 plugins etc.

Limitations are good in this respect. If I want to play with loops and be able to add auv3 fx etc then I’ll just use a Daw. I use BlocsWave precisely because it’s not a DAW and has a very limited but very focussed feature set.

But as I said before; Launchpad would be my preferred app to add all the extra features. That way I can use blocs as the main creative app and use a launchpad session to tweak, add fx etc.

I have many apps that can host auv3s. I don’t need or want blocs to host them too. It seems that in this regard I’m in tune with the developers. Which is a rare but cool experience ;-)

BlocsWave is at heart an extremely simple app. That’s why i like it.

My big request for BlocsWave is for project sharing. I would like to be able to open iPhone projects on my iPad seamlessly or export to launchpad on iPad.

As it is I only really use it on my iPhone.

• edited October 2019

8 sections instead of 6 would be nice for Ableton Project Export into Lite 10.
    8 track limitation is helping me with decisions, lately find myself using Lite more than Suite 9!

Also never use Blocs as an IAA, stand-alone is my preferred method.

Looks like Ampify are focussing heavily on Groovebox development/iOS compatibility at the moment but wouldn’t be surprised if Blocs gets revisited at some stage.

It’s still in heavy rotation here and have never had issues.

On a side note, AU effects are great but not all apps need to automatically become AU. There are drawbacks to the AU format as well as advantages.

I will buy anything if it’s weird enough or does something that I can’t already achieve.

Lack of Audiobus integration is a dealbreaker for me.

• @wiLtroniqué said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    We’ve got one job...

Buy the packs and IAPs.

We’re doing that!

Voicemail.

Fucked with no kiss.....

..or lube

Well know ...spit is free.

Sorry.....this is heading to a bad place...wrong site..😏

• @Simon said:

@RUST( i )K said:
    Wow, my threads are timeless....poignant..relevant...

Well, you start so many threads a few of them are bound to stick... :)

C mon.......

Probability scales are not fun and really crush my soul.

😜

• @klownshed said:

@RajahP said

I was talking about BlocsWave being able to host auv3 plugins, not become an auv3.

I think adding any extra layers of complexity absolutely could affect the immediacy. If you get to mess about with auv3 fx for each part how could it not? Adding auv3 hosting support would at the very least make the app slower to load. Every auv3 host I have takes longer to load than those that don’t as they need to scan for new auv3 plugins etc.

Limitations are good in this respect. If I want to play with loops and be able to add auv3 fx etc then I’ll just use a Daw. I use BlocsWave precisely because it’s not a DAW and has a very limited but very focussed feature set.

But as I said before; Launchpad would be my preferred app to add all the extra features. That way I can use blocs as the main creative app and use a launchpad session to tweak, add fx etc.

I have many apps that can host auv3s. I don’t need or want blocs to host them too. It seems that in this regard I’m in tune with the developers. Which is a rare but cool experience ;-)

My big request for BlocsWave is for project sharing. I would like to be able to open iPhone projects on my iPad seamlessly or export to launchpad on iPad.

+1 and GrooveBox export to Launchpad app (even bounce the material into audio loops as BlocsWave does) could be a great addition for those who don't want to link them and parallel use (also since GB seems to crash when more than one Launch Controller is plugged into the iDevice). I'm not sure about implment AUfx into Launchpad app as I'm not sure of AUinstruments into GB...

I'm not sure about the whole Host apps as solution... even if @AmpifyxNovation makes Launchpad/GrooveBox apps something like Ableton for iOS... simplicity is the key IMHO (and I probably will end buying a dedicated audio loop player if @AmpifyxNovation releases a dedicated hardware based on Circuit and let me avoid directly the iDevices)

In the end I want to make music and bring it to stage with me. If I need extra complexity mac apps such Logic/Ableton are more than enough but as days gone I reject the idea of macbook on stage. I prefer a dedicated box ala mc707 or Pioneer DJs1000 or going cheaper than Apple a xiaomi with Superlooper pd patches and/or StageLight. BangXbuck I'm still wondering what to do (to be fair).
    ATM Launchpad app is one of the few apps I want to keep using in live gigs...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@klownshed said:

@RajahP said

+1 and GrooveBox export to Launchpad app (even bounce the material into audio loops as BlocsWave does) could be a great addition for those who don't want to link them and parallel use (also since GB seems to crash when more than one Launch Controller is plugged into the iDevice). I'm not sure about implment AUfx into Launchpad app as I'm not sure of AUinstruments into GB...

I'm not sure about the whole Host apps as solution... even if @AmpifyxNovation makes Launchpad/GrooveBox apps something like Ableton for iOS... simplicity is the key IMHO (and I probably will end buying a dedicated audio loop player if @AmpifyxNovation releases a dedicated hardware based on Circuit and let me avoid directly the iDevices)

In the end I want to make music and bring it to stage with me. If I need extra complexity mac apps such Logic/Ableton are more than enough but as days gone I reject the idea of macbook on stage. I prefer a dedicated box ala mc707 or Pioneer DJs1000 or going cheaper than Apple a xiaomi with Superlooper pd patches and/or StageLight. BangXbuck I'm still wondering what to do (to be fair).

Exactly.

One of the things I like about iOS is that it suits small apps with focussed features.

Not every app needs every feature.

It’s nice to have small uncomplicated apps.

BlocsWave is great at exporting stems. It makes setting up a mix in a DAW quite easy, especially as it numbers each part.

AnywY. Blocs is great once you cram it full of your own loops. It’s the perfect prep app to get loops from elsewhere into a rough tune and then into a daw as it exports them all in perfect chunks and pitched and time stretched all in one go.

It’s one of my favourite iOS apps.

• @klownshed said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@klownshed said:

@RajahP said

Exactly.

One of the things I like about iOS is that it suits small apps with focussed features.

Not every app needs every feature.

It’s nice to have small uncomplicated apps.

BlocsWave is great at exporting stems. It makes setting up a mix in a DAW quite easy, especially as it numbers each part.

AnywY. Blocs is great once you cram it full of your own loops. It’s the perfect prep app to get loops from elsewhere into a rough tune and then into a daw as it exports them all in perfect chunks and pitched and time stretched all in one go.

It’s one of my favourite iOS apps.

The looper/slicer combo is certainly great for coarse level sketching. I really need to give it another go now that it has EQ.

• edited October 2019

@klownshed said:

@RajahP said

Fired up Serato Sample last night.. and said to myself, “Blocs Wave here with a little more work.”
    It’s been a while since any real updates have gone into this gem.. not even Ableton Link Start Stop...

• @RUST( i )K said:

@wiLtroniqué said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    We’ve got one job...

Buy the packs and IAPs.

We’re doing that!

Voicemail.

Fucked with no kiss.....

..or lube

Well know ...spit is free.

Sorry.....this is heading to a bad place...wrong site..😏

Spit is free

Absolutely the song title of the day. Gentlemen, start your engines....

• Blocs wave is near perfect for me tbh. I love the work flow and get a lot of songs made with it after I get my samples ready. I’m able to compose with it in ways I wouldn’t normally and gets me outside the box. My only wish for it is more control over slices so I can more easily build kits and focus more on hits

• edited October 2019

This is one of those apps where my ideal use case is miles different than what the devs intend.

In my ideal scenario I’d delete all the factory loops. With only my own audio material loaded I’d love it if “Discover” would cycle through user loops. Being able to customize the categories would be gravy but I could live with the existing categories. In addition if the app allowed you to transpose individual melodic loops not just globally I’d be over the moon. I’d gladly pay 19.99 USD for this. :)

• @ecamburn

In addition if the app allowed you to transpose individual melodic loops not just globally I’d be over the moon.

Yes that would be good. It would be nice being able to use the same loop at different pitches in different patterns without affecting the global pitch.

• Transpose per slice and better user file management. All I'd really need with this one.

• Audio routing for pads, effects, drag and drop pad merge, midi in

• @klownshed said:
    @ecamburn

In addition if the app allowed you to transpose individual melodic loops not just globally I’d be over the moon.

Yes that would be good. It would be nice being able to use the same loop at different pitches in different patterns without affecting the global pitch.

Flatten isn't designed for that between scenes?

• Drag and drop pad merge ++

• edited October 2019

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@klownshed said:
    @ecamburn

Not really. What would be much quicker would be if pads and/or slices can have a pitch offset. Plus I don’t want to clog up the file list with multiple loops at different pitches when blocs can transpose them on the fly.

Ha. I started off saying don’t add features and I’m now asking for more features. ;-)

• @klownshed said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@klownshed said:
    @ecamburn

Not really. What would be much quicker would be if pads and/or slices can have a pitch offset. Plus I don’t want to clog up the file list with multiple loops at different pitches when blocs can transpose them on the fly.

Ha. I started off saying don’t add features and I’m now asking for more features. ;-)

I get it now. In my workflow even flatten is unused ATM... I just keep the same loops across sections lol...

• I'm not holding my breath on any major changes. It's a free app whose purpose is to sell sound packs. I use and enjoy it for what it is, so no complaints.

• edited October 2019

BlocsWave that’s being discussed here has had the features unlocked.
    Moving on...

Filing imported/recorded audio under ‘vocal‘ makes these very likely to be chosen by the suggester. Only a handful of those inside the app, even if you have some packs installed.

Files that have been exported from Groovebox are automatically tagged with the relevant data inside Blocs browser.