Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who makes dnb here?

Comments

• Nice one, thanks!

@1nsomniak said:

@ipadthai said:
    What’s a good iOS synth for Reese bass?

iKaossilator has a nice Reese.
    I used it on this dnb track along with some other iKaossilator sounds and glitchbreaks.
    Pretty sure I processed everything on ableton after as well to thinken it up.

• @1nsomniak said:

I used it on this dnb track along with some other iKaossilator sounds and glitchbreaks.

Wow this is Great stuff man! Cool arrangement
    Did you do that in gadget? We need to talk a bit more about workflows for creating our tracks. I only do some snapshots of ideas but not an entire track with all the anatomy of a dnb track.

I thought ikaossilator is only an effect plugin. I need to look into that.

• @Love3quency said:
    What apps do u like?

I like Attack and Spark for drums, Zeeon is the new synth standard (but also love Brambros’) and then Z3ta, Viking and Model 15 for bass.

@Proppa said:
    @skoptic did you have a hand in The Ice Cream Van From Hell?

Good call! Lovely track and still have it on vinyl along with a fair amount of Rising High tunes. I didn’t have anything to do with that but he was a mate which is why we ended up calling the track Earth Leakage Trip as a nod to him :)

Family and work is keeping me too busy for track writing, but I’ll try and get a January tune out :)

• @skoptic said:

@Love3quency said:
    What apps do u like?

I like Attack and Spark for drums, Zeeon is the new synth standard (but also love Brambros’) and then Z3ta, Viking and Model 15 for bass.

@Proppa said:

Good call! Lovely track and still have it on vinyl along with a fair amount of Rising High tunes. I didn’t have anything to do with that but he was a mate which is why we ended up calling the track Earth Leakage Trip as a nod to him :)

Family and work is keeping me too busy for track writing, but I’ll try and get a January tune out :)

Yep, Zeeon is the best for dnb but.. it’s older brother will be once it’s auv3

There are some dnb presets for it by digital resonance and they are free :)

• @skoptic said:

@Love3quency said:
    What apps do u like?

@Proppa said:

Rising high... what a label

Didn’t Caspar pound die?

• @Love3quency said:
    What apps do u like?

Yep, Zeeon is the best for dnb but.. it’s older brother will be once it’s auv3

There are some dnb presets for it by digital resonance and they are free :)

This sounds good but unfortunately they are gone from the store. Do you have these? Can you export the bank? Unwound appreciate that mate :-)

• Ah found it. Within sunrizer you can get it also. Nice sounds. Incredible what can be done with the tools we already have. Wow. I wish I could program a synth like these dudes did.

• edited December 2017

Photek Form and function is still my fav. Breathes well. Deep bass and slapping snares and high hats keep you balanced.

Even though a sort of compilation. Later photek is crap imo unfortunately.
    Early Goldie is what got me into jungle dnb. Haven't really found stuff I like as much since those days so I just keep those old records spinning.
    Most others just sound so dry soulless and derivative.

• Best way to make a Reese or Neuro is to use a sampler, on desktop or mobile or hardware this is the case.

• @1nsomniak said:

@ipadthai said:
    What’s a good iOS synth for Reese bass?

Just checked your track.. nice tune mate :)

• Also has anyone else heard of animals on wheels? Nuvo I cadira very good slower musical dnb

• Future jungle anyone ??

Good vibes imho

• Good drum funk on this one

• This is deep and atmospheric:)

• DnB beats from Launchpad, synth from SynthMaster Player iOS, recorded into Cubasis:

• Wow this is Great stuff man! Cool arrangement
    Did you do that in gadget? We need to talk a bit more about workflows for creating our tracks. I only do some snapshots of ideas but not an entire track with all the anatomy of a dnb track.

I thought ikaossilator is only an effect plugin. I need to look into that.

Thanks, none of it was done in gadget. iKaossilator can actually do quite a bit, its kind of a groovebox with synth and sequencer.

my workflow was:
    Chop breaks in glitchbreaks
    Import to ikaossilator
    Add bass and some other sounds
    Made variations for different parts
    Export audio tracks to ableton
    Mix/process/arrange in Ableton

Im always trying different workflows but anything good always ends back on the computer for those final steps.

• I have had good results with this little app called STROM by Jakob Penca. Load up your favorite DnB loop and slice away. Use the latch feature to program loop variations of your desired lenght and export them to use in other apps for arrangement.

Cheers

• @yaknepper said:
    I have had good results with this little app called STROM by Jakob Penca. Load up your favorite DnB loop and slice away. Use the latch feature to program loop variations of your desired lenght and export them to use in other apps for arrangement.

Cheers

How are u getting amen break into your iPhone in the first place?

• @Love3quency said:

@yaknepper said:
    I have had good results with this little app called STROM by Jakob Penca. Load up your favorite DnB loop and slice away. Use the latch feature to program loop variations of your desired lenght and export them to use in other apps for arrangement.

Cheers

Not sure i understand your question, onto the phone in general, or into the app?
    To the phone in general i would use iTunes transfer or Airdrop form computer to Audioshare, and from Audioshare i would copy/paste into the app, or use "Open In.."

Cheers

• @yaknepper said:

@Love3quency said:

@yaknepper said:

Cheers

Not sure i understand your question, onto the phone in general, or into the app?
    To the phone in general i would use iTunes transfer or Airdrop form computer to Audioshare, and from Audioshare i would copy/paste into the app, or use "Open In.."

Cheers

Yes, that’s what I meant..importing the break

Used to be that AudioShare could import it directly but those days are gone

I’ll have to use that certain video app and grab it from YouTube lol
    Cheers

• You are going to chop a breakbeat from a YouTube download ?
    Are you making breakcore or something ?

• @Samplemunch said:
    You are going to chop a breakbeat from a YouTube download ?
    Are you making breakcore or something ?

Lol no breakcore, I don’t go too noisy with my dnb

Teckstep or half beat only, maybe liquid

• This is a great free sample collection for your jungleist pleasure:
    https://www.blumarten.com/product/junglejungle-free-sample-pack/

• I love DnB and Dub Step but when I try and make it sounds like the audio equivalent of "Dad Dancing" at a wedding :D it's such a skill

• Hallo fellas, here you go with some amen break love
    http://rhythm-lab.com/the-ultimate-amen-breaks-pack/

Haha. Thanks @thesoundtestroom Doug for checking in to out little party
    This morning I watched your video of STROM recommended by @yaknepper and thought, oh my this could possibly be the thing for best slicing and rearranging. It’s on my list for sure

Beside that, have a great start into 2018 !!!

• Oh and check this site out as well
    http://www.junglebreaks.co.uk

It’s a collection of breaks that are famous, for instance the think break in liquid DnB you can get there including the story behind it. Cool stuff

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I love DnB and Dub Step but when I try and make it sounds like the audio equivalent of "Dad Dancing" at a wedding :D it's such a skill

Lol

But u can play chords and melodies and make nice ambient... why don’t you collaborate with an ios dnb producer and see what happens? It could be fun mate

Btw @thesoundtestroom I hope 2018 is less stressful and more abundant for you :)

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    I love DnB and Dub Step but when I try and make it sounds like the audio equivalent of "Dad Dancing" at a wedding :D it's such a skill

You are coming at it from too musical a stance, I see this a lot with new musical DnB and Dub/Brostep producers, some of the best stuff ever made has one note only up and down octaves.
    Changing a sound per note rather than changing a key within a scale per note can be very important, your melody is then driven by sound rather than scale progression.

For a long time the only musical part in any Neuro tune was the build up at the start that the DJ never plays :)