Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who makes dnb here?

I’m interested to hear others who make drum and bass using iOS

Please link your stuff below :)

Comments

• This was done entirely in Auxy:

• This is me, gonna check your stuff out now @Tarekith @yaknepper

• @yaknepper said:

Lovely bit of jungle there,,which apps do you use?

• @yaknepper said:

Even better!! Top buzz or easygroove would surely play that if u sent them a dubplate :)

Very impressed mate

• @Tarekith said:
    This was done entirely in Auxy:

Enjoyed that! Nicely chilled and atmospheric

I never got on with auxy but you use it well :)

• Thanks. Both are Nanostudio and Beatmaker on the phone.

Cheers

@Love3quency said:

@yaknepper said:

@Love3quency said:

@yaknepper said:

Even better!! Top buzz or easygroove would surely play that if u sent them a dubplate :)

Very impressed mate

• edited December 2017

Ok, I’m slightly cheating here...... This is some dnb I’ve released, ahem..... last century (1999!). So sadly not iOS .... but I’ve been meaning to write some on iOS so I’ll get back to it!

The Limbic System - Earth Leakage Trip
    http://netsave.bpweb.net/LimbicSystem.mp3

(this is vinyl only, so just linking to a store online where I found an excerpt...)
    http://www.thehardstoremp3.com/product.asp?P_ID=544244&strPageHistory=related

• @yaknepper said:
    Thanks. Both are Nanostudio and Beatmaker on the phone.

Cheers

@Love3quency said:

@yaknepper said:

@Love3quency said:

@yaknepper said:

Very impressed mate

Good old nanostudio ... for many of us it was the go to app for many a track..

• @skoptic said:
    Ok, I’m slightly cheating here...... This is some dnb I’ve released, ahem..... last century (1999!). So sadly not iOS .... but I’ve been meaning to write some on iOS so I’ll get back to it!

The Limbic System - Earth Leakage Trip
    http://netsave.bpweb.net/LimbicSystem.mp3

(this is vinyl only, so just linking to a store online where I found an excerpt...)
    http://www.thehardstoremp3.com/product.asp?P_ID=544244&strPageHistory=related

Lol

Nice but iOS only please!!!

I hope u do make some ios dnb

What apps do u like?

• @skoptic did you have a hand in The Ice Cream Van From Hell?

• edited December 2017

Nice thread, I am tying to get my head around DnB creation too. Not that successful atm, but I am slowly going in the right direction. I will try to post a piece from me here too, it seems that SoundCloud is the best solution for that!?

Which apps to you like to program your drums with? I would say patterning is really cool an app for that, beside that I like elastic drums, GarageBand (thanks @Love3quency, but is there a way to export my drumloops out of GB!?), sector and I am on the edge to get one of brambos‘. And Bilbao for slicing and rearranging breaks in gadget (btw is it still on sale?)

Are there any apps you know of in iOS which you can use to create Nerofunk bass sounds beside Cyclop!? I love cyclop but programming it is not my cup of tea?!

• @Tarekith said:

Wow this is amazing. I never thought that auxy is able to produce something like this. Well done, mate!

• @david_2017 said:
    Nice thread, I am tying to get my head around DnB creation too. Not that successful atm, but I am slowly going in the right direction. I will try to post a piece from me here too, it seems that SoundCloud is the best solution for that!?

Which apps to you like to program your drums with? I would say patterning is really cool an app for that, beside that I like elastic drums, GarageBand (thanks @Love3quency, but is there a way to export my drumloops out of GB!?), sector and I am on the edge to get one of brambos‘. And Bilbao for slicing and rearranging breaks in gadget (btw is it still on sale?)

Are there any apps you know of in iOS which you can use to create Nerofunk bass sounds beside Cyclop!? I love cyclop but programming it is not my cup of tea?!

If you record just a drum track within GB, just save the track “as is” . You can then “open in” AudioShare or send it to Dropbox or files app.

Cyclops is by far one of the least intuitive synths for iOS and that’s a shame because of what it can do!! I suggest messing with iWAVESTATION by korg and hitting the random button because that app is superb for creating chaotic patches! As is Kauldron actually.

Then run the synth through something like Foldr by living memory software to give it extra toughness.

I’m not big on neuro though so I’m not so sure of the sounds you are looking for

A lot of us are using klevgrands wizibel to make YouTube videos, it’s more fun than SoundCloud:)

Looking forward to your track!

• Hey, thanks for the tip. Never thought of FoldR to combine with Kauldron or so. Only with repetitive drum sequences and stuff. Bringing some dirty distorted sounds.
    And I never thought of iwavestation being a DnB compatible synth. Looked the first Videos of it and I Must say: it looks like the most complex and complicated piece of iOS music apps there is. Do one need the iAPs?

I highly esteem synths with a random button for the non redskylullabys and Bryces here around. Mood has a cool random feature too. Not too obvious, but one menu under the main ui.

• @david_2017 said:
    Hey, thanks for the tip. Never thought of FoldR to combine with Kauldron or so. Only with repetitive drum sequences and stuff. Bringing some dirty distorted sounds.
    And I never thought of iwavestation being a DnB compatible synth. Looked the first Videos of it and I Must say: it looks like the most complex and complicated piece of iOS music apps there is. Do one need the iAPs?

I highly esteem synths with a random button for the non redskylullabys and Bryces here around. Mood has a cool random feature too. Not too obvious, but one menu under the main ui.

wavestation has so many features inc fx it’s unreal, it would take ages to figure it all out!

The cool thing about foldr is that it’s capable of being a bit more subtle than most distortion AUV3. Somehow it can do very tasty things and it’s not a cpu hog or an earache

It’s not just the random button in wavestation, you can draw the waves in too and shorten or lengthen each section

Presets and random/ spawn features aside,it’s sinetim cool to make ones own from sine or saw.. it’s very therapeutic lol

• Haha, that’s right. I made a reese in Zeeon that makes my heart jump everytime i play it :)
    I fear, I end up buying wavestation sooner or later this day. You seem really excited about it. Is it suitable for atmo-Pads and ambient stuff too?

For DnB... I like the SoundScaper and fieldscaper (and synthscaper) app for atmosphereical sounds to it. Do you know these? Beside that I recently discovered the gadget called Amsterdam. This can add some cinematic percussion and drum fx. You should check it out, I don’t know any other app that has these kind of drum sounds.

• @david_2017 said:
    Haha, that’s right. I made a reese in Zeeon that makes my heart jump everytime i play it :)
    I fear, I end up buying wavestation sooner or later this day. You seem really excited about it. Is it suitable for atmo-Pads and ambient stuff too?

For DnB... I like the SoundScaper and fieldscaper (and synthscaper) app for atmosphereical sounds to it. Do you know these? Beside that I recently discovered the gadget called Amsterdam. This can add some cinematic percussion and drum fx. You should check it out, I don’t know any other app that has these kind of drum sounds.

I used to use gadget and Amsterdam was used in every track lol, great cinematic hits with massive impacts

Soundscaper I have but not used it yet, I’ll have a look

Wavestation is on sale so grab it quick!!

Not good for pads but unusual movements... I’ll do a demo in a moment and post here

• @david_2017

Wavestation is not AUV3 though but can be used nicely as IAA within GarageBand or AUM

• @david_2017

Here’s a quick demo

As u can see.. wavestation is capable of very futuristic/ mechanical sounds :)

• Wow, thanks for the video...! Really appreciate this! Sounds great, are the drums part of wavestation?
    Did you use one of your presets or did you use the random function and gave it go/quick spin and edited them by drawing?

To soundscaper: try it, is has an amazing random feature to. its WAY to complicated to program. And I think its not really made to control 100% is more like a sick sounddesigners playground sort of stuff.

• @david_2017 said:
    Wow, thanks for the video...! Really appreciate this! Sounds great, are the drums part of wavestation?
    Did you use one of your presets or did you use the random function and gave it go/quick spin and edited them by drawing?

To soundscaper: try it, is has an amazing random feature to. its WAY to complicated to program. And I think its not really made to control 100% is more like a sick sounddesigners playground sort of stuff.

Wavestation has waves ( wav filed of different sounds) that play in sequence and are all lined up

Some are drums, others are pads, fx, sounds, hits
    So
    You are not playing one sound only but a combo :)

Check out the YouTube tutorials as they can show u the visual side!

• What’s a good iOS synth for Reese bass?

• Thor, zeeon, Kauldron (?!)
    I made one I love with zeeon

• Foldr has been renamed to WaveFolder in case anyone’s looking for it on the AppStore.

• @ipadthai said:
    What’s a good iOS synth for Reese bass?

Sunrizer... the original bad boy iOS synth

• @david_2017 said:

@Tarekith said:

Wow this is amazing. I never thought that auxy is able to produce something like this. Well done, mate!

Thanks! Not sure I’d have the patience to do it all in the app any more, so tedious since they added those automation layers and removed the brilliant transitions. :(

• He mate, I pulled the trigger... thank you for persuading me ;) this is really suitable for DnB. These random patches have this cool rhythmic feeling to it and already cry out for some drum and bass treatment. Wow, this spawn feature make it a killer synth!

• @ipadthai said:
    What’s a good iOS synth for Reese bass?

iKaossilator has a nice Reese.
    I used it on this dnb track along with some other iKaossilator sounds and glitchbreaks.
    Pretty sure I processed everything on ableton after as well to thinken it up.