Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Grand Finale - by Klevgrand

Comments

• For me it would be enough to see the Documents folder in Files.app for easier housekeeping without a computer.
    (ie. delete the files once they are processed to our liking).

I can't find the apps 'File Sharing' folder in iTunes or iFunBox either so something is fishy here...
    (Maybe they missed the file-sharing part and that's the ONE line of code that is missing).

• Now there's a 1.0.1 waiting for review at the app store.

Regarding Files app integration: it's our bucket list, but we want to do this properly and integrate it with all out apps that handles files, so it's a bit of work. But it will happen.

• I had the demo file problem as long as the app was open nothing worked, but when I closed the app, reimported my song, processed again and then exported again to audioshare it worked fine.

• @SealTeamSick said:
    I had the demo file problem as long as the app was open nothing worked, but when I closed the app, reimported my song, processed again and then exported again to audioshare it worked fine.

Huh, same here.

• Where the hell does the audio get exported? It rendered but I don’t think t ever asked me where to put it

• @db909

The different options should come up after you hit the export button.

I am also having the demo song export issue everyone is having. Asides from this, the UI is beautiful and I love the simplicity of the controls; I'm sure there's a lot going on being the scenes.

• @Noirflux said:
    @db909

I am also having the demo song export issue everyone is having. Asides from this, the UI is beautiful and I love the simplicity of the controls; I'm sure there's a lot going on being the scenes.

Okay maybe this is a bug. I’m on the iPhone version if that matters. I hit export and all it asks is format, bit depth, and file name. Then I render it and that’s it. Never get asked where to put it, it just renders and returns to the main screen leaving me like “where the hell is my audio”?

• @db909 said:

@Noirflux said:
    @db909

Okay maybe this is a bug. I’m on the iPhone version if that matters. I hit export and all it asks is format, bit depth, and file name. Then I render it and that’s it. Never get asked where to put it, it just renders and returns to the main screen leaving me like “where the hell is my audio”?

It’s already shipped it off as a demo tape to the hottest producers in the world. No worries, you’ll be hearing from them soon

• @oat_phipps said:

@db909 said:

@Noirflux said:
    @db909

It’s already shipped it off as a demo tape to the hottest producers in the world. No worries, you’ll be hearing from them soon

That’s funny but seriously this is terrible. Just read the manual regarding exporting. It says hit export and the dialogue asking for format and file name pops up and it says press save to start exporting a processed audio file. WHEEEEEEEEEEEERE?

• @Samu said:

@Peter321 said:
    Great little app, but when I export my mix to AudioShare - what I get is the demofile, instead of the file I had loaded in GF ????

Yeah, can't seem to export anything else that the demo-file...

Where did you guys even find your exported file to begin with? Because mine are just going off into the ether

• @db909 said:

@Samu said:

@Peter321 said:
    Great little app, but when I export my mix to AudioShare - what I get is the demofile, instead of the file I had loaded in GF ????

Where did you guys even find your exported file to begin with? Because mine are just going off into the ether

I got an option to use the 'Open In...' after the rendering was done and sent the file to AudioShare.

• @db909 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@db909 said:

@Noirflux said:
    @db909

That’s funny but seriously this is terrible. Just read the manual regarding exporting. It says hit export and the dialogue asking for format and file name pops up and it says press save to start exporting a processed audio file. WHEEEEEEEEEEEERE?

This has probably to do with the current export issue. If you import the file again, shut down the app, kill the app, open it gain and try to export it should work.

• @db909 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@db909 said:

@Noirflux said:
    @db909

I’d say just hang on for a day or two til the update gets pushed out. This is the first true gaffe they’ve made with like 10-15 iOS releases now, so I wouldn’t be worried.

• @sundhage said:

@db909 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@db909 said:

@Noirflux said:
    @db909

This has probably to do with the current export issue. If you import the file again, shut down the app, kill the app, open it gain and try to export it should work.

Unfortunately that’s not working. I rendered like 3 times closing the app before each attempt. Really like the app otherwise but please take a close at this and fix soon

• @oat_phipps said:

@db909 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@db909 said:

@Noirflux said:
    @db909

I’d say just hang on for a day or two til the update gets pushed out. This is the first true gaffe they’ve made with like 10-15 iOS releases now, so I wouldn’t be worried.

+1

• Actually, they have 21 releases. Jesus, time flies

• @Samu said:

@db909 said:

@Samu said:

@Peter321 said:

I got an option to use the 'Open In...' after the rendering was done and sent the file to AudioShare.

Same. I tried open in Audio share or files and just got the demo.

• @oat_phipps said:

@db909 said:

@oat_phipps said:

@db909 said:

@Noirflux said:
    @db909

Good point! I think I gave most of them

• @Noirflux said:

@Samu said:

@db909 said:

@Samu said:

@Peter321 said:

Same. I tried open in Audio share or files and just got the demo.

Consider yourself lucky. Just attempted my 4th render and export with a fresh app restart. Still just renders and then leaves me with no audio anywhere. I wonder if my storage is filling up with inaccessible ghost renders

• @db909 said:
    I wonder if my storage is filling up with inaccessible ghost renders

That's why we need to have iTunes FileSharing / Files.app support in place to do some cleanup...
    (Currently the app doesn't even have iTunes File Sharing so temp files end up in cyber space).

• Sounds like I'll wait on this for quite a while before the Files functionality is added.

• I had to rename the project after the first attempt at exporting audio, I got the demo song too, once renamed the track exported as expected...
    Third attempt, after one app crash.
    Results seem good.... will need proper analysis,
    Works on my phone as well as iPad, so this works well for my needs!
    :)

• edited February 2018

Well christ almighty, more bad luck. Figured I would do a delete and reinstall so I deleted then went to my purchased apps to reinstall, only it wasn’t there. And now the App Store wants to charge me 7.99 again. Will it actually charge me or is this just a weird thing?

The first 7.99 hit my bank account officially and is processing.

• @db909 said:
    Well christ almighty, more bad luck. Figured I would do a delete and reinstall so I deleted then went to my purchased apps to reinstall, only it wasn’t there. And now the App Store wants to charge me 7.99 again. Will it actually charge me or is this just a weird thing?

I have never seen or heard of the appstore re-charging. It just says 'oh, you already have this, would you like to download it form free?'.

You could always be the first though...

• @gusgranite said:

@db909 said:

I have never seen or heard of the appstore re-charging. It just says 'oh, you already have this, would you like to download it form free?'.

You could always be the first though...

Yeah that’s what I’ve heard, at this point though I’m just gonna wait till I hear about an update being live.

• Bought this yesterday but have refrained from opening it up until the update comes. Looking forward to using it, looks and sounds very promising

• Update is live

• edited February 2018

@Arpseechord How’s the fix?

• Just did a very quick export test without listening. My issue of not even being asked where to export has been resolved