Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Grand Finale - by Klevgrand

Comments

• By playing this video you agree to Twitter's use of cookies

This use may include analytics, personalization, and ads.

• @sundhage said:

@realdavidai said:

@sundhage said:
    FYI: iOS version is on it's way. Probably out Januari 2018

Awesome. AU on iOS as well?

Nope. It'll be too processor intensive so we decided to make it a stand alone only (with import / export and project management etc).

Ace! Will it run on OS9?

• @rs2000 said:
    I'll wait and listen to how much better this one sounds compared to what we already have today.

>

Me too.

• @ilya said:
    @sundhage congrats on the release! I definitely want one mastering plugin without subscription or weird license validations that pop-up during the creative process!

How long would discount last? I'm over quota with my spending in December :smile: would be happy to grab it on first days of January.

Thanks. The desktop discount will last until Jan 5. I guess we'll have an intro price for the iOS-version as well when it's out (but I'm not 100% sure, that's not decided by me only).

• @sundhage said:
    The desktop discount will last until Jan 5. I guess we'll have an intro price for the iOS-version as well when it's out (but I'm not 100% sure, that's not decided by me only).

Awesome! Will be a first buy of the 2018 :smile:

• Thought I'd bump this thread as the desktop version is still on sale for another day and as a plugin I've been using since it's release my personal review is that it's my current favorite Mastering plug (and I've got several plus my own Logic chains) by a good measure.

Anticipating an iOS release which'll be an instabuy as well. Great stuff from team Klevgrand / @sundhage

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I probably wouldn’t buy the desktop version given I have Maximus and Wavecandy in FL Studio on my PC, but I’ll probably purchase the iOS version. It’d be the first maximizer AU on iOS to have LuFS metering. It’ll also be the first univeral audio mastering AU that doesn’t require a shitty subscription to operate like AudioMaster. That’s not nothing, at least for someone like me who likes to master his own tracks and not pay monthly for it.

@Tommygun said:

Good for you. Do you want a cookie for trying to prove what a hard-ass you are, even though actually not giving a f-ck would mean not posting in this thread to begin with?

Maximus ? :p

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I probably wouldn’t buy the desktop version given I have Maximus and Wavecandy in FL Studio on my PC, but I’ll probably purchase the iOS version. It’d be the first maximizer AU on iOS to have LuFS metering. It’ll also be the first univeral audio mastering AU that doesn’t require a shitty subscription to operate like AudioMaster. That’s not nothing, at least for someone like me who likes to master his own tracks and not pay monthly for it.

@Tommygun said:

Good for you. Do you want a cookie for trying to prove what a hard-ass you are, even though actually not giving a f-ck would mean not posting in this thread to begin with?

You don’t know of Maximus? :astonished: Allow me to reintroduce you to last decade...

https://www.image-line.com/plugins/p_maximusscreenshot1.jpg

You actually can shape your own compression curves instead of using a ratio knob. Can do compression (single band or multiband), expanding, companding, gating, limiting, and more experimental stuff too, as well as two saturation algos. The thing was a beast.

Then again, I much prefer Maxima over Maximus. Simplifies everything while giving me the best transparent limiter since Pro-L. ;)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Tommygun said:

You don’t know of Maximus? :astonished: Allow me to reintroduce you to last decade...

You actually can shape your own compression curves instead of using a ratio knob. Can do compression (single band or multiband), expanding, companding, gating, limiting, and more experimental stuff too, as well as two saturation algos. The thing was a beast.

Then again, I much prefer Maxima over Maximus. Simplifies everything while giving me the best transparent limiter since Pro-L. ;)

O_O no I don’t know :'( and I’ve done some research before choosing the name, how I had missed that one! Maybe too much result about Netherlands princess Maxima :D

• @FredAntonCorvest said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Tommygun said:

O_O no I don’t know :'( and I’ve done some research before choosing the name, how I had missed that one! Maybe too much result about Netherlands princess Maxima :D

Can’t blame ya for naming your Maximizer app after a beautiful woman. ;)

• On iPhone there isn‘t much so it might be useful for me too.
    But not sure about the CPU thing and no AU.
    I thought latest iOS devices are on desktop level.

• I like Klevgrand a lot... @sundhage

but -- it seems like all of the apps require something better than the iPad Air.

Could this be due to running them in AB3 (instead of say, AUM)? It's a pretty consistent problem, even when using just one instance of Baervaag, polyphony past a few notes causes the synth to crackle then freeze up. (A midi panic button would be helpful...) Also happens in SyndtSphere.

Overall I have to say the apps are really great in sound and design/style/concept... just wish I could use them more fully on the Air. Anyone else experienced similar (or perhaps differently with AUM)?

• @Cib said:
    On iPhone there isn‘t much so it might be useful for me too.
    But not sure about the CPU thing and no AU.
    I thought latest iOS devices are on desktop level.

Maybe to prevent multi-instancing?

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@FredAntonCorvest said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Tommygun said:

Can’t blame ya for naming your Maximizer app after a beautiful woman. ;)

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlO4vdchLBZNxYc/giphy.gif

• Great little app, but when I export my mix to AudioShare - what I get is the demofile, instead of the file I had loaded in GF ????

• Seems like this app was 'rushed out' to say the least?!
    (How does one remove the imported file apart from importing a new one?).

The app doesn't have a 'Documents' folder not even in iTunes making backups of 'sessions' impossible.
    "Gör om & gör rätt" regarding file management...

• @Peter321 said:
    Great little app, but when I export my mix to AudioShare - what I get is the demofile, instead of the file I had loaded in GF ????

Yeah, can't seem to export anything else that the demo-file...

• @Peter321 said:
    Great little app, but when I export my mix to AudioShare - what I get is the demofile, instead of the file I had loaded in GF ????

I imported the file again from AudioShare using "Import from AudioShare" in the GF app instead of "Open in ..." from AudioShare - that worked - not sure if it's a bug with open in?

• @Peter321 said:

@Peter321 said:

I imported the file again from AudioShare using "Import from AudioShare" in the GF app instead of "Open in ..." from AudioShare - that worked - not sure if it's a bug with open in?

I imported a file using Audioshare. It previews fine with the effects and all but the export contains the demo tune...

• Man,.....bummer. I’m sure it’ll get fixed immediately.

• I suspect that a wrong build was uploaded to AppStore...
    (Everything I've tried to export so far just export the demo tune).

• edited February 2018

Anyone using the AU/Vst version? And what you think of it. Just curious :)

• Wow. Terribly sorry about this. ONE line of code was removed some time before we made the final builds (way past beta tests etc). I'm uploading a new build asap.

• Pump it up and down! Wow I had no clue I had this in me!

• @sundhage said:
    Wow. Terribly sorry about this. ONE line of code was removed some time before we made the final builds (way past beta tests etc). I'm uploading a new build asap.

Goodie!
    I'll bee tapping the appstore update button like a crazy person ;)

• Could use some background audio as well.

• @sundhage said:

Wow. Terribly sorry about this. ONE line of code was removed some time before we made the final builds (way past beta tests etc). I'm uploading a new build asap.

Cool I’m downloading anyway. After the bug fix are there any plans for iOS 11 Files integration?

• @realdavidai said:
    @sundhage said:

Cool I’m downloading anyway. After the bug fix are there any plans for iOS 11 Files integration?

Ditto.

• Ditto....especially that last bit.