Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moebius Lab 2 is now an AU host

Comments

• @aaronpc said:

@DCJ said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@DCJ said:
    I’m obviously doing something wrong... but I can’t get any AUs to work. I’m assuming it works fine for everyone else?

Yeah AUs work fine for me. If you tell me which ones you are trying, I can try them if I have them.

So strange. Zero AUs or IAAs are working. Definitely something I’m missing here. Is there something I’m not doing to activate them? Does it just work as soon as you load it?

Some presets have the gains set so you can hear them, and some don't. Check the routing. Also, you may need to activate instrument AUs in the keyboard.

As for tutorials— there's a plethora of presets made to show off each of the effects. I learn more by analyzing these than by reading the manual, though it does come in handy as well.

I initialized the patch and I’m just trying to use AU effects. I’ve always been able to get things working in Moebius. No idea what I’m doing wrong this time.

• Screenshot? AU names? C’mon, give us something to work with here.

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

You’re not by chance trying to use the Apple AU FX are you? They show up, but don’t do anything as far as I can tell. I think exposing them in the list must have been a bug.

• @wim said:
    Screenshot? AU names? C’mon, give us something to work with here.

Literally every AU I try. :|

• Do you have the synth chosen for the input?

• Double tap to activate :smile:

• @RJB said:
    Do you have the synth chosen for the input?

No it’s the sample in the screenshot.

• wimwim
    edited December 2017

You gotta double tap the AU to activate it. In you screenshot the FX aren’t activated. The should have a red border, slight red tint, and show the signal passing through them as a wavy green line.

• Click on the down aero symbol which is above and to the left of gain input 1. Then choose Synth instead of sample

• Also, you have the level (Orange vertical line) pretty low. If you combine that with a low wet/dry ratio in the AU it’s going to be pretty weak.

• @wim said:
    You gotta double tap the AU to activate it. In you screenshot the FX aren’t activated. The should have a red border, slight red tint, and show the signal passing through them as a wavy green line.

MONEY! I knew it was something stupid.

• @wim said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Has anyone commented yet on how cool and interesting the synth is in this? It really is.

Indeed. Try adding in a couple of IAA or (now) AU synths to the input on top of the internal one too. I threw Mood in there last night and about blew myself off the couch.

Holy crap! I’ve had this forever and never explored the internal synth it comes with. I knew it was there, but never noticed the extra panels and how deep it goes in its own right. Always just added IAA synths. Incredible!

And, stacking up several AU synths along with all the oscillators, envelope, sub-bass, etc. panels activated with some automation, as well as a few fx, then loading the whole mess into AUM to start throwing some Rozeta sequences at it... Mind-blown

• Another satisfied customer!

• What a nice Xmas present ... thank you Maurizio B)

• @skiphunt said:

@wim said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Has anyone commented yet on how cool and interesting the synth is in this? It really is.

Indeed. Try adding in a couple of IAA or (now) AU synths to the input on top of the internal one too. I threw Mood in there last night and about blew myself off the couch.

Holy crap! I’ve had this forever and never explored the internal synth it comes with. I knew it was there, but never noticed the extra panels and how deep it goes in its own right. Always just added IAA synths. Incredible!

And, stacking up several AU synths along with all the oscillators, envelope, sub-bass, etc. panels activated with some automation, as well as a few fx, then loading the whole mess into AUM to start throwing some Rozeta sequences at it... Mind-blown

Ooh, another thing for me to try, I haven't used the synth either.

• A little bump for this wonderful app. Imho underrated!

• I have NEVER heard of this app. If I had I probably would have bought it instantly. Now I'm being a bit more careful.

A couple of questions for you users:
    1) How is the cpu usage with apps loaded?
    2) How stable with au synths loaded?
    3) Is this a good alternative (effect-wise) for Turnado - still don't have it.

This looks marvelous and looks like a best-kept-secret app. Geez!

• @kinkujin said:
    I have NEVER heard of this app. If I had I probably would have bought it instantly. Now I'm being a bit more careful.

A couple of questions for you users:
    1) How is the cpu usage with apps loaded?
    2) How stable with au synths loaded?
    3) Is this a good alternative (effect-wise) for Turnado - still don't have it.

This looks marvelous and looks like a best-kept-secret app. Geez!

I have mentioned it a few times. It was my second music app. It seems a bit complex at first but it’s s actually pretty easy.
    1) CPU is reasonable- about 17 % with Laplace and AudioLayer AUs.
    2) fairly stable. Haven’t crashed since iOS 11.
    3) it is it’s own thing. It’s not really a substitute for Turnado or vice versa. Much fun to be had.

• Thanks @ALB. Reading old threads about it. Seems more geared toward "sound design" rather than a playable instrument? Am I getting that right? I realize it's not just an instrument but an environment - but the possibilities seem pretty vast with this one. Are people using it in finished tracks or designing sounds for sample export to other apps?

• ALBALB
    edited November 2018

@kinkujin said:
    Thanks @ALB. Reading old threads about it. Seems more geared toward "sound design" rather than a playable instrument? Am I getting that right? I realize it's not just an instrument but an environment - but the possibilities seem pretty vast with this one. Are people using it in finished tracks or designing sounds for sample export to other apps?

It is not really a "finished track" kind of thing for me. It is very playable to me as an instrument. I typically use it for the following:

Play loops, modulate/mangle them with any of the effects to taste.

Load up various AU and IAA (especially IAA drum machines) and have at it.

Use the monophonic synth alone or with other apps loaded up - it's a very good synth. Quite warm, if desired. The keyboard is also very cool and expressive.

You cannot use the sample player and the mono synth at the same time, so there is a limitation there.

Record any of the above to the sample folder in Moebius Lab and create more loops. Listen to those recordings months later and think "That's really cool - how did I do that?"

There are many other options and it can get fairly deep. The good thing is that everything is accessible from the front panel.

• @ALB this is funny ... Record any of the above to the sample folder in Moebius Lab and create more loops. Listen to those recordings months later and think "That's really cool - how did I do that?"

I really appreciate your thoughts. Went against my app purchasing freeze for this one. Looks too good.

• @kinkujin said:
    @ALB this is funny ... Record any of the above to the sample folder in Moebius Lab and create more loops. Listen to those recordings months later and think "That's really cool - how did I do that?"

I really appreciate your thoughts. Went against my app purchasing freeze for this one. Looks too good.

I think you'll really like it - good luck!

• Definitely a sleeper!

• Moebius Lab was the fist app I ever beta tested and I love it so much. The problem with it is that I get sucked in and hours later I'm still making bloops and bleeps!

It's MASSIVE for designing big sounds, and for destroying loops it's killer.

The most hidden feature of Moebius lab: THE SYNTH! There's a sweet sounding, full-blown synth in there that can make some absolutely HUGE sounds.

Great app - doesn't get nearly the love it should.

• Well, I hope I can make heads or tails of it quick-like. I love the UI. This is going to be a long day waiting to get home to work with it ...

• Amazing Noises doing amazing things.
    Thx for the update info, buying today👍🏼

• Hey there, I love mobius too! Umm hidden synth> ? what? Do tell, or you mean just how it turns into a synth, you tease>

• Oh my, its is there !

• Yup - it's there! It's full featured, too, and frankly I think it can compete sonically with most iOS synths. Never mind the fact that it can natively host your AU plugins and then you can IAA the entire thing out to another DAW.

I mean c'mon......