Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Syntronik iOS 1.1 now available (iPhone, AU plugin compatibility)

Comments

• edited December 2017

@ikmultimedia said:
    Syntronik iOS 1.1 is now available!

What’s new:

• Now compatible with iPhone
    • AU plug-in compatibility added: record with Syntronik inside Garageband, Cubasis, Auria, AUM Mixer and more

Thanks!! Can you ask the developers about enabling the effects section as an AU insert? This could really make it worthy of a ‘game changing’ label.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Thanks IK will update Store review and add 10k stars!

Max is 128 stars.

• Can it exchange presets with the desktop version?
    How is the quality?
    Thx

• what about next IKM apps?

• @MAtrixplan said:
    what about next IKM apps?

Never happy ingrates

We all are

WHAT IS NEXT

WE WANT MOHR

• Top update! Thank you.

Would love to see FX updated to AU next as well.

• @ALB said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    It crashed using 3 AU in AUM.

Using two instances of Syntronik with just one instance of Particles on a 10.5 pro on latest IOS and it ran fine at just 16-25%. Can't re-do your exact case right now as I am at work. What are you using?

iPad Pro 9.7 latest iOS. It’s probably the way midi links continuously with Particles if running.

• Ok. I’ll se if I can duplicate the behavior a bit later.

• @ALB said:
    Ok. I’ll se if I can duplicate the behavior a bit later.

Tried again, just 3 instances Of Syntronik no other AU or effects changed the preset on the 3red instance and crash.

• I think they really optimized Syntronik in this awesome update! In my Air 1 inside AUM at 1024 I can get three instances going and one instance is playing a complete multi of four instruments! Blown away!!!
    Will try another instance and see how far I can push it. What’s amazing is that I’m not getting a single crackle!

• @Jumpercollins said:

@ALB said:

Tried again, just 3 instances Of Syntronik no other AU or effects changed the preset on the 3red instance and crash.

Tried inside AB loaded 3 instances again, worked for 3 minutes change a preset crashed again.

• @ikmultimedia said:
    Syntronik iOS 1.1 is now available!

What’s new:

• Now compatible with iPhone
    • AU plug-in compatibility added: record with Syntronik inside Garageband, Cubasis, Auria, AUM Mixer and more

This news just made my day!!!!!!

• Yeah same here on Air1. If I don’t change Preset it works though.

@Jumpercollins said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@ALB said:

Tried inside AB loaded 3 instances again, worked for 3 minutes change a preset crashed again.

• I only get a crash on the 4th instance in AUM but I’m pretty sure it’s a RAM issue. 2017 9.7.

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It’s so worth it bro, amazing stuff!

• Anyone have an idea how long the 59.99 sale price will be in effect? I just downloaded the app and went through all the demo synths and I really really want at least 7 of them so the bundle probably makes sense for me...

• Same question people asked when it was at the Intro price; I’d say if you like it and can afford it, get it bro! It’s worth every penny. I sold stuff collecting dust and bought it; no regrets ever!

@JonLewis said:
    Anyone have an idea how long the 59.99 sale price will be in effect? I just downloaded the app and went through all the demo synths and I really really want at least 7 of them so the bundle probably makes sense for me...

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@ALB said:

Tried 4 instances of Syntronik with 2 instances of Particles in AUM. It worked for a bit until I tried to change the preset on the third instance after having changed two others. It then crashed - what I expected. I think I’m ok with two instances. I’ll look into other scenarios- Sytronik with Zeeon and/or Model 15.

• Another fantastic synth with no fine tune sigh

• I was able to get six instances of the default patch going before crashing on 10.5”. Noticing mention of changing presets triggering it. I’ll test a bit more.

• Really depends on the patch you are loading. Sometimes I was ok with five and other times I could crash with four. Really comes down to hitting that memory limit for instantiating instruments. Frustrating because I have plenty of ram free.

• Pretty please do sample tank!!!!!

• @JonLewis said:
    Anyone have an idea how long the 59.99 sale price will be in effect? I just downloaded the app and went through all the demo synths and I really really want at least 7 of them so the bundle probably makes sense for me...

Website says through December.

• @ikmultimedia thanks for this huge update. Nice work. Love this on iPhone and AU support.

• DCJDCJ
    edited December 2017

I’m super happy about this upgrade but why oh why can’t I initialize a patch to start from scratch? Seems like such an easy thing to have. :neutral:

• @ikmultimedia

Great update!

After playing around in Cubasis and AUM it's crashed on me a lot even with just 1-2 simple instances.

The plugin goes blank and I have no way of recalling my previous settings. The only way is to remove and re-apply but it just happens again.

• It’s been rock solid for at least two instances in AUM. Also depending on how many effects the preset has.
    Try disabling the internal effects of the presets and save it as a new preset. Load up those in Cubasis and try again. See if the presets effects did not auto enable. I noticed this happen to me in AUM.

• So there are two issues that can be happening and they are related:

1. The first is that an AU has a memory limit of 360MB. This is shared between instances of an instrument/effect. I've seen this in my own research and it was confirmed from multiple devs on here. What I didn't know until today is that this has been around since 2015. https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/8237

2. Another issue I found was that unloading an AU manually or creating a new session will not release the memory that had been allocated. Say you normally crash loading four instances. If you have a song with two, create a new song and try to load two instances you'll crash again. The host will tell the plugin to shutdown but it seems to be ignored. You need to kill the host and start it back up in order to clear memory.

It's kind of sad that an iPad Pro with 4GB of ram has the same limit as a 1GB device. Hopefully they at least fix the unloading issue.

• @DCJ said:
    I’m super happy about this upgrade but why oh why can’t I initialize a patch to start from scratch? Seems like such an easy thing to have. :neutral:

Forgive me if I’m being a bit dim and I’ve missed something, but is it because Syntronik is a sample player with limited controls over each sample and not an actual synth?