Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are iOS analogue synths actually analogue

Comments

• edited November 2017

@Rubooch said:

@waynerowand said:
    Proper analogue

Anything else is cheating!

^^ Haha, I picture those cats as modes. Locrian looks, quite rightly, a bit pissed off! :)

• @SpookyZoo said:

@Rubooch said:

@waynerowand said:
    Proper analogue

^^ Haha, I picture those cats as modes. Locrian looks, quite rightly, a bit pissed off! :)

Bwahahahaha

• @richardyot said:

@Rubooch said:
    Proper analogue

Indeed, this is the closest to a real analog synth - it's impossible to keep in tune.

Catatron ? Mellocat ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

@richardyot said:

@Rubooch said:
    Proper analogue

Indeed, this is the closest to a real analog synth - it's impossible to keep in tune.

Catatron ? Mellocat ?

Moogy

• Its obviously a PolyMogg

• @richardyot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@richardyot said:

@Rubooch said:
    Proper analogue

Catatron ? Mellocat ?

Moogy

hahaha

I have one, and the cats are all tortoise shell, looks nice :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@richardyot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@richardyot said:

@Rubooch said:
    Proper analogue

Catatron ? Mellocat ?

Moogy

hahaha

I like the tortoise shell ones with the little wooden panels at each end.

• @richardyot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@richardyot said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@richardyot said:

@Rubooch said:
    Proper analogue

Catatron ? Mellocat ?

Moogy

hahaha

I like the tortoise shell ones with the little wooden panels at each end.

Made of Ma-mogg-any of course ;)

• @wim said:
    Only the iPad versions are analogue. It’s too much work to do analogue on the iPhone.

:D Quality !

• encenc
    edited November 2017

delete

• @waynerowand said:
    Proper analogue

Ahh so that's how the human league did the intro on love action !

• @richardyot said:

The only thing that would make this better is if it went to 11.

• These debates have already gone the rounds over and over and over on KVRAudio. If you want, you can research it to get further enlightenment.

My thoughts: It doesn't matter. Think of sounds as a painter thinks of paint. He has a palette of different colors for a reason--variety is the spice of life! It doesn't matter if it is analog or digital or virtual analog or hybrid or analog modeling. It doesn't matter if it uses subtractive synthesis, FM Synthesis, wavetable synthesis, vector synthesis, granular synthesis, or additive synthesis. What matters is that you find the sound you want for the piece you are working on. If it works, use it.

On the subject of iOS synths: They are ALL digital synths by definition. Zeeon is a circuit modeled digital synth. What that means, is that it is software in a digital realm (algorhythms, really) that model (down to the circuit level), the behavior and sound of an analog synth. It's still digital. Subtractive synthesis is just a synthesis methodology (like wavetable, granular, FM, etc). It is not exclusive to the realm of Analog synthesis (although often associated with it). Not all hardware is analog. Not all analog sounds fantastic. I would take some digital synths over some analog synths any day--it just depends on the synth, design, etc. True analogs have sounded great, no doubt. But true digitals have great sounds too. Arguing about it just becomes a vicious circle that goes absolutely nowhere.

I've got a true analog that I'm willing to sell cheap if anyone wants it. It's quite famous too. I've just found that I prefer the sounds I get from my digital synths and the form factor of my iPhone 7 Plus. I've gone from a room full of equipment and spending an hour working with patch cables in the 90's (before I can even start playing), to being able to pull my phone out of my pocket at any time and any place, and creating music that sounds better than any of the stuff I did back then.

Synth/sampler sounds = Artist paint palette

:wink:

• @wim said:
    Only the iPad versions are analogue. It’s too much work to do analogue on the iPhone.

Hehehe!! :wink:

• @dvlmusic said:
    Analogue traditionally refers to being comprised of electrical components: capacitors, resistors, potentiometer, etc. By this definition nothing on your iPad is analogue - it is a digital because is is comprised of computer code.

Analogue in the sense of an "analog synth" refers to a digitally created or "virtual" recreation of an analogue circuit, or a synthesizner inspired by older analogue synthesizers. This is more of a stylistic choice now by the developer as to how they want the synth to behave and therefore sound.

Hope that helps.

Yep

• @waynerowand said:
    Proper analogue

Hehehe!!!

• @wim said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@waynerowand said:
    Proper analogue

Looks moggy to me.

Sounds great with a fuzz pedal.

Hahaha!!!

• The internet says they are real.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    The internet says they are real.

Cats are not real. Dogs are real!

• @Audiojunkie said:

@waynerowand said:
    Proper analogue

Hehehe!!!

Is nobody going to address the fact that there are only 7 cats??? Only seven...

• @Martygras said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@waynerowand said:
    Proper analogue

Hehehe!!!

Were they sicked up by the turtle?

• @Martygras said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@waynerowand said:
    Proper analogue

Hehehe!!!

No octave for you!!!! :D

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Tell that to this lady/fella whichever it may be

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

That’s just a fake picture Andy! ;)

• @Audiojunkie said:
    These debates have already gone the rounds over and over and over on KVRAudio. If you want, you can research it to get further enlightenment.

My thoughts: It doesn't matter. Think of sounds as a painter thinks of paint. He has a palette of different colors for a reason--variety is the spice of life! It doesn't matter if it is analog or digital or virtual analog or hybrid or analog modeling. It doesn't matter if it uses subtractive synthesis, FM Synthesis, wavetable synthesis, vector synthesis, granular synthesis, or additive synthesis. What matters is that you find the sound you want for the piece you are working on. If it works, use it.

On the subject of iOS synths: They are ALL digital synths by definition. Zeeon is a circuit modeled digital synth. What that means, is that it is software in a digital realm (algorhythms, really) that model (down to the circuit level), the behavior and sound of an analog synth. It's still digital. Subtractive synthesis is just a synthesis methodology (like wavetable, granular, FM, etc). It is not exclusive to the realm of Analog synthesis (although often associated with it). Not all hardware is analog. Not all analog sounds fantastic. I would take some digital synths over some analog synths any day--it just depends on the synth, design, etc. True analogs have sounded great, no doubt. But true digitals have great sounds too. Arguing about it just becomes a vicious circle that goes absolutely nowhere.

I've got a true analog that I'm willing to sell cheap if anyone wants it. It's quite famous too. I've just found that I prefer the sounds I get from my digital synths and the form factor of my iPhone 7 Plus. I've gone from a room full of equipment and spending an hour working with patch cables in the 90's (before I can even start playing), to being able to pull my phone out of my pocket at any time and any place, and creating music that sounds better than any of the stuff I did back then.

Synth/sampler sounds = Artist paint palette

:wink:

I have been greatly enjoying the humorous replies, but this serious one is on point. Nicely stated. :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

That’s just a fake picture Andy! ;)

Ok I admit it...I photoshopped it from this :|

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said: