Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scythe (the wave table one) down to 4.99 from 14.99

2»

Comments

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I can’t decide if I should get the Cubasis effects or the ones by Christian Siedschlad 6144 EQ and the No Limits apps.
    6144 equalizer by DDMF by Christian Siedschlag

NoLimits AU Limiter by DDMF by Christian Siedschlag

Anyone have any experience with these? I like that I can use them on the iPhone.

@skiphunt said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Richtowns said:
    I know nothing about it but it's been talked about in the wavetable advice thread, now its on sale. Hooray!
    Here is the link
    Scythe by Bitmask Studio Ltd.
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/scythe/id1278439277?mt=8

I ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMOST bought this but went with the Cubasis IAP instead.

Glad I waited.

Thanks Rich

I think you're gonna love it. :)

@AlexB I don't think so. I just use the Amp volumes, or mostly use it in AUM and control it there. The dev is very responsive though. Might send him an email note with any suggestions, questions, or desired features.

DDMF sound like quality to me and they come from a verified desktop pedigree as well (like Waves). They are also more versatile than being locked inside one DAW. They get my vote.

• Thanks

@gusgranite said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    I can’t decide if I should get the Cubasis effects or the ones by Christian Siedschlad 6144 EQ and the No Limits apps.
    6144 equalizer by DDMF by Christian Siedschlag

NoLimits AU Limiter by DDMF by Christian Siedschlag

Anyone have any experience with these? I like that I can use them on the iPhone.

@skiphunt said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Richtowns said:
    I know nothing about it but it's been talked about in the wavetable advice thread, now its on sale. Hooray!
    Here is the link

I ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMOST bought this but went with the Cubasis IAP instead.

Glad I waited.

Thanks Rich

I think you're gonna love it. :)

@AlexB I don't think so. I just use the Amp volumes, or mostly use it in AUM and control it there. The dev is very responsive though. Might send him an email note with any suggestions, questions, or desired features.

DDMF sound like quality to me and they come from a verified desktop pedigree as well (like Waves). They are also more versatile than being locked inside one DAW. They get my vote.

• Which wavetables are compatible with scythe? The WT I have load fine in Nave but Scythe doesn’t show them.. mh, strange..

• It’s an OK app, but so limited compared to my beloved PPGs

• You are watering my mouth.. :smiley:
    Might get them in the near future.
    Right now I helped myself and I am currently downloading some WTs. :smiley:

• Yeah, I bought this on sale and refunded it literally within 3 minutes.

• edited November 2017

@MusicMan4Christ I love the DDMF Neve-inspired eq. Sometimes I really prefer that console type of ‘using your ear’ mixing rather than relying on a graphical eq. Plus it’s usable in any host.

I don’t like the limiter, though, you may wanna get the Waves one instead since you’re probably just applying it to finished mixes. For day to day purposes, i.e. AUM jams, I use the $1 Amazing Noises Limiter in my effects chain just to keep my levels from peaking. No tweaking even required, just load it up and you won’t cross the threshold.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yeah, I bought this on sale and refunded it literally within 3 minutes.

What do you not like about Scythe? Just curious. I’m having a pretty good time with it.

• @CracklePot said:

@eross said:
    i have Nave and love it, however i am intrigued by this one. if i already have Nave, should i get this for $5?

I was dead-set on picking up Nave at full price, but am waiting now and got this one instead since the price is crazy.
    This one is a little more up-to-date with the available iOS workflows, and it seems to allow custom waves to be loaded in, which I believe is possibly unique among the main group of WT synths.

Poseidon also allows you to import audio to use as a wave table.

For me the role the Scythe WT synth app plays is more of a drone like role where you hold the notes so the lfo can traverse the wave.

• @gusgranite said:

@haulin_notes said:

@Richtowns said:
    Here is the link

Thanks for the heads up! :) <3

(Maybe the name could be changed to "Skythe" to avoid confusion with the other app)

I know. It's quite ironic in the context of @brambos's efforts to not step on any toes that it has the exact same name as another iOS synth. :smile:

For even more name confusion look here:

This could be the next Scythe which we should install on our iPads...

(then i would have 3 x Scythe - hehe)

• Although, to be candid, it not at all as deep or fully featured as Nave. I do like the fact that I can import my own waves.

• edited November 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Only reason is that they’re both universal. But I gotta think about it cause neither are on special.

>

Yeah, I was looking out for Nave on sale. No luck so far. Maybe Waldorf will wake up on Cyber Monday.

Scythe on sale is clearly a bargain, for those who want to do what it does. Having watched the demo, I just can’t get enthused. Nothing to do with the quality and cleverness of the app. I just get the feeling that, on my iPad it would end up being like Different Drummer; something far smarter than me, which I never get around to learning. Not ‘cause I’m a lazy sod, but because so many other apps do stuff that inspires me and can be learned faster.

• I’m a fan of this app as I’ve mentioned before. I did get it on sale, but I already had the beta that I’m told will be perpetually updated and no reason to buy. Yet, I bought it anyway.

How anyone can condemn any app within 3mins is baffling to me. I give every app at least a full day before I decide whether or not it’s for me. I can see that if you’re looking for more of a musical synth. I’m using it more for carving out weird alien-esque sounding fx and evolving drones with an razor’s edge. It can have an acidic sound that some might not get with. Kind of like you might imagine the soundtrack of a slithering, off world metallic serpent moving through a mercurial liquid as it stalks its prey. Not so much for a catchy pop tune. ;)

With regard to music application, I could see the sorts of sounds I get from Scythe being used underneath the top layer of composition on albums like Skinny Puppy’s “Too Dark Park”.

I can get similar control with Mitosynth and to some extent with SynthScaper, but what I love about Scythe (actually, a perfect name to describe the sound) is that I can get straight to the business of shaping two wave tables together from my own field recording, than can be midi sequenced, played, and filtered/mixed with more effects in AUM, etc.

If that sounds appealing, then I’d definitely recommend this app. I would’ve been completely cool paying the full $14 price as well. At $5 on-sale, it’s a sweet gift if you like this kind of sound.

• For that price, I went ahead and bought it. Not entirely stable, missing some features but most are apparently in the pipeline...but this fills a gap in my synth collection and has an incredibly cool sound. (Disclaimer: I don’t own any PPG synths, Nave or Poseidon yet.) I’m loving that complex droney sound.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Only reason is that they’re both universal. But I gotta think about it cause neither are on special.

>

Yeah, I was looking out for Nave on sale. No luck so far. Maybe Waldorf will wake up on Cyber Monday.

Scythe on sale is clearly a bargain, for those who want to do what it does. Having watched the demo, I just can’t get enthused. Nothing to do with the quality and cleverness of the app. I just get the feeling that, on my iPad it would end up being like Different Drummer; something far smarter than me, which I never get around to learning. Not ‘cause I’m a lazy sod, but because so many other apps do stuff that inspires me and can be learned faster.

It’s actually pretty easy to use - very user friendly.

• @ALB said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

>

+1

It is not too complex - it is more the other way: Some features are missing (i really would like to have a filter option, separately for both wave forms, which can be modulated).

Oh, and i think i have a really great idea for this - maybe i should write an email to the developer.

• edited November 2017

@Looping_Loddar said:
    Oh, and i think i have a really great idea for this - maybe i should write an email to the developer.

>

That’s what it’s all about, with app choices, isn’t it. Finding something that inspires us to make good use of what the developer has created.

Earlier this year, after much use, I gave up Gadget. Not because there was anything wrong with it, indeed it is a very slick app with some great IAP’s. The problem was that I never finished anything I started with it.

Whereas other apps - as you posted - give me ideas as to where I want to go next. Horses for courses.

• I never refund apps, and I am probably one of the cheapest members of the forum. I did refund Axon 2, but I just needed the money to get something that wasn’t broken. I am intending to repurchase Axon 2 when it is fixed. If an app doesn’t thrill me right out of the gate, I still keep it because I very well could find an excellent use for it at a later time. Plus apps tend to improve with updates, so patience pays off.

• I ended up getting the most fun out of my only $30!iTunes credits I had. Got Pro-R at 50%off amazing deal best ever!
    But the most fun was getting ZMors EQ , ChordFlow, Dubstation 2, and Photosphore Synth wow this was the best deal for only a buck!!!! Unbelievable!
    Truly blessed! I wish I’d had enough to get Quatromod but I’ll have to get that one another day. All in all I’m really happy going this route for now.

Was extremely amazed how good the zMors EQ is and it really does sound great! The change is noticeable and the sound shaping choices are infinite. I applied Dubstation and ZMors to a patch in photosphore Synth and was getting sounds out this world!

@oat_phipps said:
    @MusicMan4Christ I love the DDMF Neve-inspired eq. Sometimes I really prefer that console type of ‘using your ear’ mixing rather than relying on a graphical eq. Plus it’s usable in any host.

I don’t like the limiter, though, you may wanna get the Waves one instead since you’re probably just applying it to finished mixes. For day to day purposes, i.e. AUM jams, I use the $1 Amazing Noises Limiter in my effects chain just to keep my levels from peaking. No tweaking even required, just load it up and you won’t cross the threshold.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I ended up getting the most fun out of my only $30!iTunes credits I had. Got Pro-R at 50%off amazing deal best ever!
    But the most fun was getting ZMors EQ , ChordFlow, Dubstation 2, and Photosphore Synth wow this was the best deal for only a buck!!!! Unbelievable!
    Truly blessed! I wish I’d had enough to get Quatromod but I’ll have to get that one another day. All in all I’m really happy going this route for now.

Was extremely amazed how good the zMors EQ is and it really does sound great! The change is noticeable and the sound shaping choices are infinite. I applied Dubstation and ZMors to a patch in photosphore Synth and was getting sounds out this world!

@oat_phipps said:

Hi,
    This is decidedly off topic, but I have noticed that you seem to be fond of "strumming" apps. Have you ever used AutoArp? It was an early favorite of mine that I once used quite a bit, but my use just sort of fell off. I have recently rediscovered it, and am reminded that it is a great little app. Fantastic for sending MIDI to other apps. It doesn't seem to have been updated recently, but it still works fine. The basic app is free, and full functionality is only .99.
    I honestly think that you would be pleasantly surprised by it.

• Thanks bro got it had .99 left and will try it out! Looks great!

@JeffChasteen said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    I ended up getting the most fun out of my only $30!iTunes credits I had. Got Pro-R at 50%off amazing deal best ever!

@oat_phipps said:

Hi,
    This is decidedly off topic, but I have noticed that you seem to be fond of "strumming" apps. Have you ever used AutoArp? It was an early favorite of mine that I once used quite a bit, but my use just sort of fell off. I have recently rediscovered it, and am reminded that it is a great little app. Fantastic for sending MIDI to other apps. It doesn't seem to have been updated recently, but it still works fine. The basic app is free, and full functionality is only .99.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Thanks bro got it had .99 left and will try it out! Looks great!

@JeffChasteen said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

@oat_phipps said:

Hi,

Good!
    You're very welcome. I hope you enjoy.

• @Looping_Loddar said:

@ALB said:

@Zen210507 said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:

>

+1

It is not too complex - it is more the other way: Some features are missing (i really would like to have a filter option, separately for both wave forms, which can be modulated).

i’d love to see each layer get a filter or er so that one can dial in the sounds a little more. other that that’s i’m digging it