Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Scythe (the wave table one) down to 4.99 from 14.99

I know nothing about it but it's been talked about in the wavetable advice thread, now its on sale. Hooray!
Here is the link
Scythe by Bitmask Studio Ltd.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/scythe/id1278439277?mt=8

Comments

• Wow. Hoping this is the same tomorrow on pay day!

• Glad to see the developer has added midi, I was one of those who were puzzled by that decision!

I will grab this although it's hard to justify yet another wavetable synth since I'm still learning the PPG collection (it's a life's work!) and the new Ableton one is taking up a fair chunk of my time...

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Glad to see the developer has added midi, I was one of those who were puzzled by that decision!

I will grab this although it's hard to justify yet another wavetable synth since I'm still learning the PPG collection (it's a life's work!) and the new Ableton one is taking up a fair chunk of my time...

Yeah I’m on a journey with the PPG collection also :)

• I already had this as beta, but at this price... had to own it too! Honestly, I had every intention of buying this one at full price... just as soon as core midi was added. Thrilled that it has and now thrilled it's timed with a spectacular sale! He's got more sweet updates coming too. :)

• @skiphunt said:
    I already had this as beta, but at this price... had to own it too! Honestly, I had every intention of buying this one at full price... just as soon as core midi was added. Thrilled that it has and now thrilled it's timed with a spectacular sale! He's got more sweet updates coming too. :)

Nice, I bought this too :)
    any idea of what's in the pipeline or are you supposed not to say?

• @Carnbot said:

@skiphunt said:
    I already had this as beta, but at this price... had to own it too! Honestly, I had every intention of buying this one at full price... just as soon as core midi was added. Thrilled that it has and now thrilled it's timed with a spectacular sale! He's got more sweet updates coming too. :)

Nice, I bought this too :)
    any idea of what's in the pipeline or are you supposed not to say?

The latest is already in an update that just dropped this morning... some interface refinements, an in-app guide, and a lot more included wavetables. I'm not sure what's next. He's mostly been focussed on stability, sound improvement, and overall interface refinement. I think the dev is more of a desktop musician, but he seemed to be very impressed with AB3 though.

• Well that was easy. buys

• Ok. Clicks buy.

• So if I already have PPg Infinite do I need this?

• NOW THAT"S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT! $5!! YEEEEEE HAAAAAWWWW!!

• edited November 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    So if I already have PPg Infinite do I need this?

I don't know that anybody "needs" any of these apps really ;) but it's not the same thing as Infinite. With Scythe, you can import your own samples as wavetables right from AudioShare. With Infinite you have to use what's included, or import wavetables from the other PPG apps.

Can't say what sort of stuff you dig, but if you like sculpting your own custom sounds based on your own samples... and making very interesting soundscapes, as well as playing it like a synth... and you want all of that in a very easy to understand interface that has you up and running in minutes... then I think at this price its a very sweet buy.

• Agree with the above positive comments. The integration with AudioShare is great, which is critical for an app like this. Liking the drag and drop modulation very much. The overall sound quality is excellent. It helps to load the samples on the highest quality setting on AudioShare. I am not seeing a built-in keyboard, may have just missed it. Nice to have a way to enter notes without external gear. Many of the included wavetables are a little harsh, but load your own for different sounds. It doesn't have a reverb, but with the unison and detuning it almost sounds like it does. Nice how the updates keep rolling in. An optional output oscilloscope would be cool. Overall very nice. At this price, it is worth it!

• @haulin_notes said:
    Agree with the above positive comments. The integration with AudioShare is great, which is critical for an app like this. Liking the drag and drop modulation very much. The overall sound quality is excellent. It helps to load the samples on the highest quality setting on AudioShare. I am not seeing a built-in keyboard, may have just missed it. Nice to have a way to enter notes without external gear. Many of the included wavetables are a little harsh, but load your own for different sounds. It doesn't have a reverb, but with the unison and detuning it almost sounds like it does. Nice how the updates keep rolling in. An optional output oscilloscope would be cool. Overall very nice. At this price, it is worth it!

Hit the little link icon top left to switch to built-in keyboard. Latch switch top left of keyboard.

• @Richtowns said:
    I know nothing about it but it's been talked about in the wavetable advice thread, now its on sale. Hooray!
    Here is the link

Thanks for the heads up! :) <3

(Maybe the name could be changed to "Skythe" to avoid confusion with the other app)

• @haulin_notes said:

@Richtowns said:
    Here is the link

Thanks for the heads up! :) <3

(Maybe the name could be changed to "Skythe" to avoid confusion with the other app)

I know. It's quite ironic in the context of @brambos's efforts to not step on any toes that it has the exact same name as another iOS synth. :smile:

• Blimey, I reckon I’ll be doing a years worth of app buying in the next few days

• @skiphunt said:

@haulin_notes said:
    Agree with the above positive comments. The integration with AudioShare is great, which is critical for an app like this. Liking the drag and drop modulation very much. The overall sound quality is excellent. It helps to load the samples on the highest quality setting on AudioShare. I am not seeing a built-in keyboard, may have just missed it. Nice to have a way to enter notes without external gear. Many of the included wavetables are a little harsh, but load your own for different sounds. It doesn't have a reverb, but with the unison and detuning it almost sounds like it does. Nice how the updates keep rolling in. An optional output oscilloscope would be cool. Overall very nice. At this price, it is worth it!

Hit the little link icon top left to switch to built-in keyboard. Latch switch top left of keyboard.

:) Oh, the link icon. Got it. Thanks! I had a Bluetooth keyboard hooked up, and that seems to prevent the built in keys from showing up.

• edited November 2017

@haulin_notes said:

@skiphunt said:

@haulin_notes said:

:) Oh, the link icon. Got it. Thanks! I had a Bluetooth keyboard hooked up, and that seems to prevent the built in keys from showing up.

Ahhh, I haven't tried it with an external keyboard yet. He used to have both the link icon AND the keyboard icon up all the time to switch between. Not sure why he made it switch between the two, but I was confused when he made that change.

I only have one small niggle with it at the moment. When it's loaded into AUM, and you're playing it with AUM's built-in keyboard, it latches to hold. Doesn't matter if you have Scythe's built-in keyboard latched to hold or not. Noticed that it does not do this when controlling it with TC-Data.

He's now aware of this and I'm assuming will fix. I think his last message was that he was going to start seeing how it works in various hosts. I know he's already into AB3, but I'm not sure if he's using AUM yet or not. He did say he was going to work with it's implementation in Cubasis next too. I use Auria Pro and don't have a need to use any other DAW at this point. Pretty much covered with AUM and Auria Pro, but I know Cubasis is very popular.

• Hi,

Just bought it. Is there any way to control the total output volume? I can see for each wavetable but not a Master Volume.

• @Richtowns said:
    Here is the link

I ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMOST bought this but went with the Cubasis IAP instead.

Glad I waited.

Thanks Rich

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Richtowns said:
    Here is the link

Glad I waited.

Thanks Rich

I think you're gonna love it. :)

@AlexB I don't think so. I just use the Amp volumes, or mostly use it in AUM and control it there. The dev is very responsive though. Might send him an email note with any suggestions, questions, or desired features.

• i have Nave and love it, however i am intrigued by this one. if i already have Nave, should i get this for $5?

• @skiphunt said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Richtowns said:
    Here is the link

Glad I waited.

Thanks Rich

@AlexB I don't think so. I just use the Amp volumes, or mostly use it in AUM and control it there. The dev is very responsive though. Might send him an email note with any suggestions, questions, or desired features.

nice

• @eross said:
    i have Nave and love it, however i am intrigued by this one. if i already have Nave, should i get this for $5?

I was dead-set on picking up Nave at full price, but am waiting now and got this one instead since the price is crazy.
    This one is a little more up-to-date with the available iOS workflows, and it seems to allow custom waves to be loaded in, which I believe is possibly unique among the main group of WT synths.

• @CracklePot said:

@eross said:
    i have Nave and love it, however i am intrigued by this one. if i already have Nave, should i get this for $5?

I was dead-set on picking up Nave at full price, but am waiting now and got this one instead since the price is crazy.
    This one is a little more up-to-date with the available iOS workflows, and it seems to allow custom waves to be loaded in, which I believe is possibly unique among the main group of WT synths.

Nave does that too. And it allows for manipulating the WT..

So yeah, Scythe. Is it worth it? Does someone know if in the near future it‘ll be AU?

BTW if someone wants a few crazy wavetables, message me <3

• @OhmAgar said:
    Nave does that too. And it allows for manipulating the WT..

Cool. Thanks for setting the record straight. :)

• I can’t decide if I should get the Cubasis effects or the ones by Christian Siedschlad 6144 EQ and the No Limits apps.
    6144 equalizer by DDMF by Christian Siedschlag

NoLimits AU Limiter by DDMF by Christian Siedschlag

Anyone have any experience with these? I like that I can use them on the iPhone.

@skiphunt said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Richtowns said:
    Here is the link

Glad I waited.

Thanks Rich

• @MusicMan4Christ It's funny. If you were talking hardware it would be a no-brainer, but I am curious if these can compare to the legendary hardware.

• Only reason is that they’re both universal. But I gotta think about it cause neither are on special.